Thursday, December 25

Listening to Blink 182 - I won't be home for Christmas

I got this from Duckie. One of my tutorial mates back in ACJC during F-Maths tutorials. Bumped into Wei Ze, my ex-junior, again on the way to Chalet and bumped into Ms Michelle Tang (definitely the nicest teacher in the whole of ACJC) on the way home. I guess its just mathematically impossible not to bump into an ACSian wherever I go.

Left chalet prematurely since mum and dad want be back for some Christmast dinner with all the relatives coming over tonight. Chalet was great. It was some gahmen chalet that someone had to book three months beforehand. Really small considering that there were about 20 odd of us.

Chalet was combined with another cellgroup, the former one that my current one had split from. Generally I knew everyone and it was really happy. A sort of substitute for a "Church Camp". I always love to attend church camps and stuff, because one can get to know God and other people just so much better. It was really fun and exciting, just interaction and full of laughter.

Too bad, I'll miss the barbeque as well as that of the appreciation cellgroup meeting later on, but nevermind. Shopping for groceries, playing games, staying up till the wee hours of the morning, struggling to sleep when everyone was so noisy, getting locked out of our room. Ah, the few hours really feel like a few days.

I realise that my memory seems to be worsening. My thought process as well as "processing speed" seem to have dropped dramatically since my JC days when I was just so much sharper and quick-witted. Blame it in NS. Its not just a waste of time, but also a wastage away of valuable brain cells and processing capacity for the sake of doing mindless activities.

I seem to have difficulty remembering things, even points of articles that I have just read in the newspaper. Its just not right. I keep forgetting all kinds of important things. Like for Chalet, the sad thing was that I only realised that I forget the camera when I arrived at my destination. Sigh. The chalet is so far away from my house, you could throw a rock and it would land in the sea. But nonetheless, the sea was an astoundingly beautiful sight for which to behold. Dark blue waters are my favourite.

I wanted a new bicycle fork for Christmas. But nevermind. I also want a digital camera as well as a new computer. My current computer is showing signs of wear and tear. Its about 25 months old and is hinting of another possible sometime next month. I fully expect it knowing that the lifespan of my computer is about 8 months before I need to reinstall windows. The last major crash was in may. How quick time flies again indeed.

Nevermind, I'll save up to buy that digital camera that I really want next year. I'll ask for a new computer for my birthday and I think I could push the bicycle fork in June, when NICO and I will have more time to go mountain bike again. The year is almost over. I hope next year's Christmas season comes soon. And then it will be 2 years of NS done for. Perhaps a boat license by then. I'm hopeful, but don't expect much knowing that the rotten base is adopts a slew of rotten biased one sided policies that work against NSmen.

But nevermind, I'm off on January 2nd. Friday. The day school starts. If I'm not wrong, the JC1s will have a six-day orientation proramme and that would be really cool. Now the catch: I'm going to crash orientation in true ACSian style. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of the army clerks and the MDC guys to join me in this "foolish charade" to upkeep an "old tradition". Pictures galore I certainly hope.

Merry Christmas to everyone. And have a blessed new year ahead.

Seasons Greetings.

Yeah. Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home