I have alot of things to say about yesterday. This was a day of a roller coaster of emotions as well as experiences. In thought as well as in the physical world. Basically, my morning was incredibly rushed, then the afternoon quite simple and peaceful, then some experiences at night and much memories as well as commentaries.
friendster
Ok, I'm sick of the whole thing. Its blown over. Yups. I don't believe it was so easy to add all the people that I didn't even know in real life. A lot of the girls that I wished I knew in AC are on my "friends list". Seriously. I can say that I don't know about 3/4 of the people on my friends list well. And the other 1/4 is just a touch and go kind of friendship. So sad. Friendster is just a popularity race to see who get gartner the most number of "friends" in the quickest time possible expressed in an online medium.
So yeah. Somehow girls that I never knew, never even talked to (at all or very very little), only could gawk at during lectures as well as the "cold coridor" are on my friendster list. Those who know the ACJC culture well will know who they are. Its too free frag. All I'm going to do is to write a short testimonial for everyone, give my hopefully nice two cents worth and then dump the whole thing. I'll just sit around and auth whoever wants to add me, other than that, I won't activiely seek people out anymore. its so fake. True friends are very few and very far in between.
the past
I can't bring myself to write about her. The girl of the past. Only mei knows who she is. Sigh. The past once again haunts me as I just found her profile on friendster. its one factor that made me ditch the whole friendster bandwagon. So its been? Three days? Or just 20 hours worth of nonsense?
All I have to say is that. If you really really love someone. Be careful of the words for which you speak. Because words can both heal the bones as well as cut through rocks. In the tongue is the power of life and death.
If you love someone. Be yourself.
police report
I made a police report at the base today. I found a wallet at the bow of my ship and returned it to the charge office, believing it to be a simple affair. At the most, just sign a few documents stating that i found the wallet and that I have handed it over to the charge office personnel.
In the end, I found out that the wallet was reported stolen. Not lost. So I had to sign several documents as well as have a statement taken from me! All this for returning a wallet! I thought they'd only take a statement if you're an accused charged with an offence! But I guess its was just for the sake of the formalities.
Then I was told that the Commander PCG wanted a full and thorough investigation to be done by the Chief Investigation Officer. Commander was concerned that a wallet can go missing one from PCG 3rd Gen boat and somehow end up on my 1st Gen boat BOW.
At first I was worried that I might be accused of stealing the money in the wallet, as it was void of cash. Then the Stn Sgt just calmed me down saying that it was reported stolen without any cash in it. I could have ignored it totally, but looking at the cards inside the wallet, the person who lost it would be in serious trouble.
So they took stock of the stuff inside the wallet, asked a few questions, took photographs and even called in the CID as well as other investigative officers! Wow! All this for returning just ONE EMPTY WALLET? My goodness!
The best thing was that I was initially supposed to go for patrol duty with SI Norman to patrol CLIFFORD PIER, then I was changed to do Kusu Duty - Guard duty on Kusu Island for the Kusu Annual Pilgrimage Season and to make police presence felt. This was because the guy that was supposed to do the duty from Seletar Base was late. So I was to be his replacement.
Then the guy, who is an old squadmate, arrived and they trashed me back to patrol duty. And yeah? The missing Arm Card? SI Norman took it on my behalf! So he saved me alot of trouble! Then later, they realised that I would be booked long to give my statements as well as have my reports done out... then they trashed me to do sentry duty! Nonsense man!
So what I know is that they're treating the whole wallet thing very very seriously. Like a lost and found case gone overboard. Since they suspect that some other police officer on the base might have indeed stolen the wallet, found no money in it and decided to toss it into the sea and just nicely, it landed on the bow of the boat that I was supposed to do patrol duty on with today! Oh well, guess not all police officers are as honest as they ought to be. But I'm glad I actually went through all the hassle to get the wallet returned. It speaks well for my integrity as well as saves somebody else's life.
I met up with the guy who lost the wallet in the evening. He was supposed to do sentry duty as well. As Rahmat will be leaving the team to become a Staff Assistant (SA) to the Commanding Officer in 1 weeks time, this guy who lost the wallet is coincidentially going to take Rahmat's place! He was so grateful that his wallet was found. He told me that he was supposed to have a statement taken at the Police Headquarters today regarding the lost of his warrant card. He could be charged in court for negligence. After looking at it, the trouble giving statements and stuff, it was worth it. We are like instant friends now.
So I believe, without further adue, the guy will get his lost wallet back as well as have this entire case closed off. But I believe that the person who attemped to steal his wallet, or attempted to relieve his wallet of any potential cash, or attempted to throw it into the sea. Whoever that is, that person doesn't deserve to be a police officer. I believe that they're dusting the wallet for fingerprints to determine the culprit, so yeah. Hope he gets caught soon.
sentry
Surprisingly, sentry duty wasn't so tough today. Perhaps its just a friday for starters. Not as tough and tiring and busy as other days. Or perhaps I'm slowly getting used to doing the duty. As much as sentry duty sucks. I guess it slowly develops discipline as well as self control and confidence. Somehow, I do my ministry work better at church because of the sentry duty.
I think I stood at the main gate for about 4 1/2 hours today, easily. It was fun. Have to look upon it with a positive mindset. Although as usual I didn't salute a whole slew of senior officers. I couldn't care less! They screw with me and I'll get Geoffrey's father to screw them! Hahahaha!
Although sentry is pretty much a boring, dry, time-wasting slave job. I guess the only bonus perk is that it allows you to go home really early. You walk out of base the time SI Norman's boat reaches the base! And SI's boat is the nearest patrol sector to the base!
One new development is that the base has accquired a gym. Of course is nothing compared to the AC Gym. This one is tiny and has no air-con. The AC Gym is like so huge and air-conditioned. "Ok. Please pay your sports complex fees of 30.90 to your class rep by Friday." And they'll be a heavy sigh throughout the school assembly.
meet up
I met up with one of my old friends. Shingles. He's another true blue ACSian, just that he followed the ACJS, ACSI, ACJC route. We've been good friends since we've landed kicks on each other many years ago in TKD class. We have similar interests and we both just love to talk cock. Plus, we live close to each other. So we just got together... Talked nonsense at Starbucks. I was enjoying what Nabil (the 2SC1 national debator who stays near my area) recommended - the ice-shaken caramel double expresso. No worries since I'm the kind of guy who can sleep after having taken six shots of expresso.
Singles is very good friend of mine. We just caught up on basically everything under the sun from NS to ACJC to the past to eh present to the future and he bought our classic supper - porridge at Crystal Jade. We always meet up late at night to have porridge at Crystal Jade even later in the night. Even at 2a.m, Crystal Jade is still half full! Talk about good business! The food is so expensive only because their rent is incredibly high - 35 000 a month. So bo pian, have to operate 24 hours.
Didn't want to go the smoke infested wala-wala again, even though the music is good. I just prefer smoke free environments since I just cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke - and everyone seems to smoke onboard in a tiny air-conditioned helmsroom! Nonsense man! I can die inside that gas chamber I tell you.
One interesting sight. I saw my CCA's vice-president. She was this really "manly lady" or what most guys would call a butch. Codenamed "The Vice-Admiral". Yeah. A manly nickname to go for a manly girl. Publicly, she just confesses to guys straight out that she's just a big time lesbian who prefers to have a gay relationship with another girl.
Well this time I saw her with a guy! And she's grown her hair all long and now she looks pretty. Call it the "NS moderation factor" - the expectation of looks actually goes down when you're around guys all the time. So yeah, a refreshing change to the "Vice-Admiral". Let's rename her "the woman staff sergeant" instead. Heh.
I'm going crazy.
friendster
Ok, I'm sick of the whole thing. Its blown over. Yups. I don't believe it was so easy to add all the people that I didn't even know in real life. A lot of the girls that I wished I knew in AC are on my "friends list". Seriously. I can say that I don't know about 3/4 of the people on my friends list well. And the other 1/4 is just a touch and go kind of friendship. So sad. Friendster is just a popularity race to see who get gartner the most number of "friends" in the quickest time possible expressed in an online medium.
So yeah. Somehow girls that I never knew, never even talked to (at all or very very little), only could gawk at during lectures as well as the "cold coridor" are on my friendster list. Those who know the ACJC culture well will know who they are. Its too free frag. All I'm going to do is to write a short testimonial for everyone, give my hopefully nice two cents worth and then dump the whole thing. I'll just sit around and auth whoever wants to add me, other than that, I won't activiely seek people out anymore. its so fake. True friends are very few and very far in between.
the past
I can't bring myself to write about her. The girl of the past. Only mei knows who she is. Sigh. The past once again haunts me as I just found her profile on friendster. its one factor that made me ditch the whole friendster bandwagon. So its been? Three days? Or just 20 hours worth of nonsense?
All I have to say is that. If you really really love someone. Be careful of the words for which you speak. Because words can both heal the bones as well as cut through rocks. In the tongue is the power of life and death.
If you love someone. Be yourself.
police report
I made a police report at the base today. I found a wallet at the bow of my ship and returned it to the charge office, believing it to be a simple affair. At the most, just sign a few documents stating that i found the wallet and that I have handed it over to the charge office personnel.
In the end, I found out that the wallet was reported stolen. Not lost. So I had to sign several documents as well as have a statement taken from me! All this for returning a wallet! I thought they'd only take a statement if you're an accused charged with an offence! But I guess its was just for the sake of the formalities.
Then I was told that the Commander PCG wanted a full and thorough investigation to be done by the Chief Investigation Officer. Commander was concerned that a wallet can go missing one from PCG 3rd Gen boat and somehow end up on my 1st Gen boat BOW.
At first I was worried that I might be accused of stealing the money in the wallet, as it was void of cash. Then the Stn Sgt just calmed me down saying that it was reported stolen without any cash in it. I could have ignored it totally, but looking at the cards inside the wallet, the person who lost it would be in serious trouble.
So they took stock of the stuff inside the wallet, asked a few questions, took photographs and even called in the CID as well as other investigative officers! Wow! All this for returning just ONE EMPTY WALLET? My goodness!
The best thing was that I was initially supposed to go for patrol duty with SI Norman to patrol CLIFFORD PIER, then I was changed to do Kusu Duty - Guard duty on Kusu Island for the Kusu Annual Pilgrimage Season and to make police presence felt. This was because the guy that was supposed to do the duty from Seletar Base was late. So I was to be his replacement.
Then the guy, who is an old squadmate, arrived and they trashed me back to patrol duty. And yeah? The missing Arm Card? SI Norman took it on my behalf! So he saved me alot of trouble! Then later, they realised that I would be booked long to give my statements as well as have my reports done out... then they trashed me to do sentry duty! Nonsense man!
So what I know is that they're treating the whole wallet thing very very seriously. Like a lost and found case gone overboard. Since they suspect that some other police officer on the base might have indeed stolen the wallet, found no money in it and decided to toss it into the sea and just nicely, it landed on the bow of the boat that I was supposed to do patrol duty on with today! Oh well, guess not all police officers are as honest as they ought to be. But I'm glad I actually went through all the hassle to get the wallet returned. It speaks well for my integrity as well as saves somebody else's life.
I met up with the guy who lost the wallet in the evening. He was supposed to do sentry duty as well. As Rahmat will be leaving the team to become a Staff Assistant (SA) to the Commanding Officer in 1 weeks time, this guy who lost the wallet is coincidentially going to take Rahmat's place! He was so grateful that his wallet was found. He told me that he was supposed to have a statement taken at the Police Headquarters today regarding the lost of his warrant card. He could be charged in court for negligence. After looking at it, the trouble giving statements and stuff, it was worth it. We are like instant friends now.
So I believe, without further adue, the guy will get his lost wallet back as well as have this entire case closed off. But I believe that the person who attemped to steal his wallet, or attempted to relieve his wallet of any potential cash, or attempted to throw it into the sea. Whoever that is, that person doesn't deserve to be a police officer. I believe that they're dusting the wallet for fingerprints to determine the culprit, so yeah. Hope he gets caught soon.
sentry
Surprisingly, sentry duty wasn't so tough today. Perhaps its just a friday for starters. Not as tough and tiring and busy as other days. Or perhaps I'm slowly getting used to doing the duty. As much as sentry duty sucks. I guess it slowly develops discipline as well as self control and confidence. Somehow, I do my ministry work better at church because of the sentry duty.
I think I stood at the main gate for about 4 1/2 hours today, easily. It was fun. Have to look upon it with a positive mindset. Although as usual I didn't salute a whole slew of senior officers. I couldn't care less! They screw with me and I'll get Geoffrey's father to screw them! Hahahaha!
Although sentry is pretty much a boring, dry, time-wasting slave job. I guess the only bonus perk is that it allows you to go home really early. You walk out of base the time SI Norman's boat reaches the base! And SI's boat is the nearest patrol sector to the base!
One new development is that the base has accquired a gym. Of course is nothing compared to the AC Gym. This one is tiny and has no air-con. The AC Gym is like so huge and air-conditioned. "Ok. Please pay your sports complex fees of 30.90 to your class rep by Friday." And they'll be a heavy sigh throughout the school assembly.
meet up
I met up with one of my old friends. Shingles. He's another true blue ACSian, just that he followed the ACJS, ACSI, ACJC route. We've been good friends since we've landed kicks on each other many years ago in TKD class. We have similar interests and we both just love to talk cock. Plus, we live close to each other. So we just got together... Talked nonsense at Starbucks. I was enjoying what Nabil (the 2SC1 national debator who stays near my area) recommended - the ice-shaken caramel double expresso. No worries since I'm the kind of guy who can sleep after having taken six shots of expresso.
Singles is very good friend of mine. We just caught up on basically everything under the sun from NS to ACJC to the past to eh present to the future and he bought our classic supper - porridge at Crystal Jade. We always meet up late at night to have porridge at Crystal Jade even later in the night. Even at 2a.m, Crystal Jade is still half full! Talk about good business! The food is so expensive only because their rent is incredibly high - 35 000 a month. So bo pian, have to operate 24 hours.
Didn't want to go the smoke infested wala-wala again, even though the music is good. I just prefer smoke free environments since I just cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke - and everyone seems to smoke onboard in a tiny air-conditioned helmsroom! Nonsense man! I can die inside that gas chamber I tell you.
One interesting sight. I saw my CCA's vice-president. She was this really "manly lady" or what most guys would call a butch. Codenamed "The Vice-Admiral". Yeah. A manly nickname to go for a manly girl. Publicly, she just confesses to guys straight out that she's just a big time lesbian who prefers to have a gay relationship with another girl.
Well this time I saw her with a guy! And she's grown her hair all long and now she looks pretty. Call it the "NS moderation factor" - the expectation of looks actually goes down when you're around guys all the time. So yeah, a refreshing change to the "Vice-Admiral". Let's rename her "the woman staff sergeant" instead. Heh.
I'm going crazy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home