nemo
Left the computer on last night to receive Finding Nemo from Wei Loong. IRC isn't a good way to transfer files. Its so one way. You can only get like a maximum of about 15K in combined total bandwidth data transfer from a 256K connection. Sometimes I wonder how brother even managed to hit 41.6K a second when downloading via IRC.
I've got the first part of the Finding Nemo movie. I'm now getting the second part. Hopefully I can watch it soon. Its been almost 5 months since I've walked into a movie theatre. Though I have the opportunity to do so, I have but no money. So broke. Sigh. Tickets are so expensive either! At 8.50 a head, its more worthwhile to buy the pirate DVD at 15 bucks a copy. Besides, I have no one else to go with. Its just so awkward to go to the movies alone. =(
passing out parade day
It has been three months already. My, when I go through the 3 months in Coast Guard training, it feels so slow. Now that I've passed out today, it feels like I just enlisted yesterday. So weird. Even the 4 horrific months in Tracom seem to have passed by in the twinkling of an eye. Time really flies. It is good to have better time management so as to maximise one's life and it is good to keep a log of your daily activities, so then at least you won't forget all that you've been through.
Today was very simple. I just reported there with my No.1 uniform in my hand, having dropped it once on the bus and felt miserable about it.
The day was overal very boring. We just wasted time in doing all kinds of de-kitting: collection of manual, returning of locker keys and stuff like that. Other than that I ended up adding kadir's KILAT to my boots - which totally ruined the look of my boots and gave it a pathetic instant shine.
There were some problems that I had to fix at the last minute. Firstly, I was FINALLY given my corporal rank insignia - meaning that I have at long last have a rank to wear. The rank insignia was spoilt! I could not hang onto the shoulder's of my uniform. In the end, ended up fixing everything together with scotch tape and blue tack. In addition, my collar crest insignia could not stick as the velcro was of very poor quality - to think I paid 1 buck for the aunti at beach road to stitich this for me! In the end, I used my bayonet to cut off a piece of velcro from my name tag and stapled it to the uniform so as to hold everythingi n place.
The uniform was too tight for me - both the top and the pants. The top really stretched around my shoulders and made it difficult for me to march as well as stand up straight. Some of the guys said that it was ok since it made me look muscular. The truth is, I'm so fat. My waist measurement has exceeded my chest measurement ever since I stepped into NS. I've gained like 4 kg of weight. =)
passing out parade
The squad fell in at about 4 at the marching start point. It was only at about 4.40 that the actual marching started. All this while, the sunny day slowly began to turn very dark.
The marching was ok, though I was slow in lowering my rifle the first time round because I was so nervous. I somehow managed to stand motionless there for the next half an hour, without any movement.
The reviewing officer was the commander PCG - Superintendent Jerry See. The ceremony went as planned except for the weather. It rained halfway through his speech. So basically , we ended up standing the rain for about 20 minutes in a light shower. The rain stopped when it was time for the march past and the march off.
Supt Jerry's speech was interrupted with the broadcast of the closing of the golf course at Sentosa as well as a warning siren. It basically drowned out his speech and he was rather peeved about it. Too bad, too sad. I've waited 7 months and 1 week for this day and it just has to rain. I do all the drills in the hot afternoon sun and on this day, it just HAD to rain.
the end
The day ended with the taking of photographs with the Senior Officers and othe squad people. We went back to class, returned our uniforms, packed our stuff and went home. It's been a long day.
-a whole chunk of my entry here was somehow deleted by blogger and I'm lazy to type it out. Oh well, I'll write about it tomorrow, its just on my dream house-
Left the computer on last night to receive Finding Nemo from Wei Loong. IRC isn't a good way to transfer files. Its so one way. You can only get like a maximum of about 15K in combined total bandwidth data transfer from a 256K connection. Sometimes I wonder how brother even managed to hit 41.6K a second when downloading via IRC.
I've got the first part of the Finding Nemo movie. I'm now getting the second part. Hopefully I can watch it soon. Its been almost 5 months since I've walked into a movie theatre. Though I have the opportunity to do so, I have but no money. So broke. Sigh. Tickets are so expensive either! At 8.50 a head, its more worthwhile to buy the pirate DVD at 15 bucks a copy. Besides, I have no one else to go with. Its just so awkward to go to the movies alone. =(
passing out parade day
It has been three months already. My, when I go through the 3 months in Coast Guard training, it feels so slow. Now that I've passed out today, it feels like I just enlisted yesterday. So weird. Even the 4 horrific months in Tracom seem to have passed by in the twinkling of an eye. Time really flies. It is good to have better time management so as to maximise one's life and it is good to keep a log of your daily activities, so then at least you won't forget all that you've been through.
Today was very simple. I just reported there with my No.1 uniform in my hand, having dropped it once on the bus and felt miserable about it.
The day was overal very boring. We just wasted time in doing all kinds of de-kitting: collection of manual, returning of locker keys and stuff like that. Other than that I ended up adding kadir's KILAT to my boots - which totally ruined the look of my boots and gave it a pathetic instant shine.
There were some problems that I had to fix at the last minute. Firstly, I was FINALLY given my corporal rank insignia - meaning that I have at long last have a rank to wear. The rank insignia was spoilt! I could not hang onto the shoulder's of my uniform. In the end, ended up fixing everything together with scotch tape and blue tack. In addition, my collar crest insignia could not stick as the velcro was of very poor quality - to think I paid 1 buck for the aunti at beach road to stitich this for me! In the end, I used my bayonet to cut off a piece of velcro from my name tag and stapled it to the uniform so as to hold everythingi n place.
The uniform was too tight for me - both the top and the pants. The top really stretched around my shoulders and made it difficult for me to march as well as stand up straight. Some of the guys said that it was ok since it made me look muscular. The truth is, I'm so fat. My waist measurement has exceeded my chest measurement ever since I stepped into NS. I've gained like 4 kg of weight. =)
passing out parade
The squad fell in at about 4 at the marching start point. It was only at about 4.40 that the actual marching started. All this while, the sunny day slowly began to turn very dark.
The marching was ok, though I was slow in lowering my rifle the first time round because I was so nervous. I somehow managed to stand motionless there for the next half an hour, without any movement.
The reviewing officer was the commander PCG - Superintendent Jerry See. The ceremony went as planned except for the weather. It rained halfway through his speech. So basically , we ended up standing the rain for about 20 minutes in a light shower. The rain stopped when it was time for the march past and the march off.
Supt Jerry's speech was interrupted with the broadcast of the closing of the golf course at Sentosa as well as a warning siren. It basically drowned out his speech and he was rather peeved about it. Too bad, too sad. I've waited 7 months and 1 week for this day and it just has to rain. I do all the drills in the hot afternoon sun and on this day, it just HAD to rain.
the end
The day ended with the taking of photographs with the Senior Officers and othe squad people. We went back to class, returned our uniforms, packed our stuff and went home. It's been a long day.
-a whole chunk of my entry here was somehow deleted by blogger and I'm lazy to type it out. Oh well, I'll write about it tomorrow, its just on my dream house-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home