Saturday, July 19

the longer you are in NS, your standards for an ideal girl will get lower and lower

when you're surrounded by guys all the time, you miss the presence of girls

ns has so many guys around you, its almost gay

inevitably, the intermission period of national service will indirectly reduce the expectations that you demand of a girl


I've been talking too much about girls lately. Yes, its normal, but too much is unhealthy. I've been in ns for 7 months already and my foolish heart is seemingly getting a little too desperate. My mind however, is the "balancing force" that keeps my heart in check. I guess this "power struggle" will go on for quite a few more years, more so if I go overseas.

My admissions officer recommended me this program: Do 3 years in a world class liberal arts college and then followed by 2 years in a very prestigious university.

He is saying that I might get to study in Carleton college, a top liberal arts college in America for 3 years, and later transfer to the University of Washington in St Louis for 2 years, and graduate with an engineering degree in addition to my major(s) at Carleton.

I have this weird desire to do Mathematics/Physics or just Biology. Perhaps I could major in Biology and/or Chemistry in Carleton and then do a degree in Mathematics in St Louis.

Somehow, this life sciences thing is really getting to me. Or should I just go straight for a biology program in St Louis? They have the 2nd best biology undergraduate program in the whole world! The first being the Harvard College and the Radcliffe Institute of Advanced Study.

Institutes of Techonologies are probably the best universities to do engineering programs, the likes of The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Georgia Institute of Technologry, Indian Institute of Technology. Yet, the Institutes for Advanced Study are in the on-going process of creating the subject.

Examples would be the Princeton University's Institute of Advanced Study, Radcliffe Institute of Advanced Study at Harvard University. These "universities" create and further the realm of mathematics and physics. Its so scary that probably only Boon Leong can go there and be a "normal student".

See how things go. The lure of the Big Apple is too hard to resist. New York University. Unless I get something even better. Then I'm going to stick to NYU as my personal first choice.

combined cellgroup

I just prayed to God today that everything would go off without a hitch. Thank God. Everything really did go well. I met up with George at 3. He called me at 2.55 and said he was arriving early. I ran/walked to the station. A 15 minute walk took only about 7 minutes. He told me he had been waiting 2 minutes already.

We went shopping to get some groceries for George's famous Curry Chicken and his deep fried chestnut dumplings. He's been cooking for 9 years already and he's really good at it.

I met up with Liang Wei's cellgroup. There is one pretty girl in his cellgroup! =) Has that look. Oh well. I didn't even talk to her one to one. I didn't even catch her name during the "introduce yourself section". Ah well, I can always ask LLW (Liang Wei) tomorrow or any other day at work.

She's some sec 4 student, she brought her "New Additional Mathematics" textbook and was like practically trying to draw a graph after the cellgroup finished. I think the topic was "straight lines". Too bad, I didn't have the guts to "volunteer" my help. It's just too weird for a guy to come up to a girl and ask, "hey can I help you with your maths? I'm an ex-f-maths student!"

Wow, I'm so rusty with my maths. She'll probably die laughin at my carelessness! But no, I don't like her. I just find her... unique. And she was wearing jeans so I couldn't exactly take a good look at her legs...

CCH

Professor Stephen Hawking, The holder of the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, a seat once held by Sir Isaac Newton, called the greatest physicist of the century after Einstein, top astronomer, cosmologist and he practically invented Theoretical Physics has this theory.

"A black hole cannot be seen beyond the event horizon. It is as it seems, that nature abhors a naked singularity".

I know this is quite deep. The only person I can talk this with is with T-Squared and Boon Leong (Who can provide the backing mathematics!)

This is known as the "Cosmic Censorship Hypothesis"

Likwise, applied to a typical LIL ACJC guy, like me.

"Somehow, Nature abhors a very pretty girl such that everytime you look at her, something or someone will somehow block your view of her"

I find it very true. From Frank Personal experience. Even brother agrees with me. T-Squared too. Boon doesn't, since he has his dream girl already. It is like a curse with ACS LIL boys.

I'll just mention "CCH" in future when I see a really pretty girl and this happens. I'm brutally honest remember?

CCH: Chio Bu Censorship Hypothesis

feeling

I once said that most guys only want a girl for her looks and her body. And I mentioned that I wanted to "differentiate" myself from this group of guys. Yet as time in NS goes by, I somehow have this 'urge' to join the above-mentioned group. Why?

combined cg

Georged cooked curry while I went back to the station to pick up the rest. Merf was so late that we ended up going to my house without him.

It ended up that George came up with an idea to have cellgroup outdoors. But we were worried should the neighbours complain about the "noise pollution". So it ended up that the combined cellgroup only went as far as introducing ourselves followed by a icebreaker.

Then the whole thing shifted indoors for praise and worship. There was sufficient space to have praise standing up and later worship was quite simple and short. Not the best I'd say because I couldn't really hear the guitar, it wasn't loud enough. But overall, I can say that atmosphere-wise, it was so-so.

The message today was short so we were done in about half an hour. Offering was collected. I gave my last 50 cents. I have 4 dollars and 24 cents in left in my bank account. *shakes head sadly* I can't give to anymore offerings this month. I've sacrifced almost everything I have this month for God.

I just have this feeling that it won't come back to me. =( I keep "sowing" and "sowing" and yet never reap a "harvest". Sometimes, I get really discouraged when it comes to giving to God.

LLW and some his members rushed off after cellgroup to church to attend the saturday service. Quite alot of the people left within the hour and it was left to a few people. In the end, it was one cellgroup, one group. No interaction.

I didn't really join in either group. I'm happy being alone. No need for so much group interaction. Being introverted does have its advantages too.

At least that pretty girl didn't go till almost 9, when everyone went off.

They were very happy indeed and Merf requested that I ask my parents if I can use that place again during Christmas. Mum said, no problem.

I look forward to another "combined cellgroup". Finally, one church girl that I have to keep my eyes out for! Hehehehe. Although there have been many other girls in church that catch my eye. This one is seemingly a little bit more special. Hahahahaahah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home