Monday, July 14

The first heavy metal psedo-satanic song I've heard on my Winamp. Adema's Givin In. Its a really dark song full of violence and supernatural themed death. Interesting thing to take note of: The MGS Dance Society prefers to dance to such dark music. Check out the soundtracks to The Scorpion King, Queen of the Damned, The Matrix, Vampire and the whole slew of dark, horror extreme violence R-Rated Shows.

I guess I'll be able to appreciate all kinds of Music except Heavy Metal, Black Metal and Black Occult. It just somehow irritates my spirit. Somehow. Yep, no Shock Rocking Marilyn Manson for me either. Simple Acoustic (John Mayer, Lisa Loeb), Instrumental Jazz, Funky Jazz, Modern Jazz, Classical Classics are probably still the best. Seemingly, I seem to have a penchant for the greatest hits from the 80s and 90s - Those evergreens that anyone would easily like. And of course, no one can forget about Elvis and The Beatles either.

Don't get Winamp 3, it sucks. Winamp 2.x is much much better.

I don't think I will actually start writing Reflective Thoughts of the Demented. I think it'll take too much time. Besides, I don't really want to enforce a "General Paper" standard of writing with all the checks and balances when writing often biases commentary straight from my mind into the Blogger Interface.

It was a very quiet day at Kallang today. SSgt Tay just went through some Navigation stuff with us. The exam is on Wednesday but honestly, I don't think I'll do well. Badang and Rahmat will certainly do much better than me. Badang has successfully memorised all 85 comibinations of Signal Flags and Night time Port of Light Signals. Impressive indeed!

I was so broke today. The feeling of being totally broke really sucks. Especially payday was like only 2 days ago. Liangwei told me that he too, gave the Lord 50 dollars as our "sacrifice" for the building fund. I don't think of it as a sacrifice. I was only giving out of what I could afford. Sacrifice is when I really give it up all totally and perhaps, often, reluctantly.

I was so broke, Edmund and Wei Loong were quite surprised that I didn't go for a break in the canteen today. I did not even have 2 dollars in my wallet to pay for the Tracom barber to come and cut my hair!

Liangwei not only gave me 2 dollars for the haircut, he too, bought me some snacks during breaktime. In addition, he loaned me 20 bucks to pay for the squad T shirt and the Rafting materials. He's really broke as well. It seems that he has like only 20 dollars left for the whole month. Same here after I make good the money to him tomorrow. Thank God for such a good buddy. =)

The day unofficially ended at about 10 plus, after the break. SSgt Tay left the class and there was no more class for the rest of the day. What happened was that I spent quite some time sleeping and relaxing and then followed by chatting with the guys about politics, economics, philosophy and school life. Its amazing that these so called "dumb ITE guys" can hold their ground in politics and philosophy.

Our food was delivered to Brani. Hence, there was no lunch till about three o'clock. Although I was quite hungry by the time the food came. It was quite bad - as usual. I can't imagine how they can cook such lousy food for us. I'm not being unrealistic with my standards, but the food really sucks! No one eats it unless they really have no choice. i have no choice. =(

Later at about 5, we were told that the food we ate earlier was the wrong one! It was meant for the the Coast Guard Officers at Brani! In the end, a crate full of Mee Goreng arrived to for us to take home just before walk out!

I can't believe how bad the administration is sometimes!

I went with Nico to Orchard to check out some Time Engine watches, apparently, they're having some 40% sale and Nico thought that it would be a good time to go get some nice watches.

We walked around the basement of Wisma Atria for a while until we realised that the shop was closed for renovations! Sigh! The irony of it all!

Dinner was quite nice, too bad I was too full to appreciate the Salmon that mum had cooked for us. its like the first time I've eaten salmon at home and well, it just tastes great. Dinner is always worth looking forward to since lunch is always such a disaster!

I've got live firing tomorrow - HK MP5! It'll be very fun indeed! =) I can finally play a real Counter-Terrorist for a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home