Lots of Rambling today
My room's neater after spending close to 2 hours trying to rearrange it yesterday. Now, its only my study table and Hi-Fi shelf which is messy. The computer table and bookshelf are much more pleasant looking. It is almost Zen-like, supremely bare except for shelves to hold paper.
They say that right brained people tend to messy. I did this Left Brained/Right Brained test on Emode.com and it showed that I was a right brained person. Mum and Dad just cannot seemingly comprehend how I can live in such an extraordinarily messy room. Even throughout my JC life, I did not even have enough space to put two sheets of paper side by side! Oh well, it ACJC right? No need to study, just copy from the Viet or Thai scholars tomorrow. =)
At least, even though my room is so messy, I can still find all my stuff under all that pile of nonsense.
I'm writing this because I think I just lost Nico's Windows XP Professional CD. Of course its pirated, but it has the "upgradable" and "bootable" tag on the "CD Paper". This means that the entire windows can be installed via DOS, and at the same time, I can upgrade my Home Edition to the Professional Edition. The experts say that the difference between the Professional and Home Edition is about only 2% in source code. Yet this justifies a 329 dollar difference in Price tag no thanks to added stability.
Guess only Computer freaks like me need to use XP Professional at Home. Long live Linux! LLL!
I've been getting lots of new stuff lately, renewing lots of old things and changing the look of old things. I'm going to slowly reconstruct the layout for this blog and add a nice wishlist plus goals list. It does make sense to write your goals down. Just thinking about what kind of layout I should create, since the last time I touched html was in 1999!
The Day
Had the navigation exam today. Made lots of careless mistakes, didn't know the answers to questions I used to know, forgot a few things. Probably won't get highest, I think Rahmat or Badang will, but at least I am content to pass the subject, and collect my 150 dollars EXTRA at the end of the month every month. Corporal's standard pay is about 420 bucks, so this sea allowance really makes a big deal to us SAD NSmen!
Lunch was horrendous, even Liang Wei, who is not choosy about his food, didn't eat it today. I ended up wasting money on food. I already have so little and I have to buy food. Except for making me feel full, its quite useless since the food at home is so great already.
I got my hair cut today. Sgt Pang asked the Tracom barber to come all the way down to Brani to cut our hair. For 2 dollars, it is very worth it. Ironically, the guy who shaved us all bald on enlistment day was today carefully trimming our hair, offering a barber's shave with it and styling! Stuff you wouldn't get in Tracom as a trainee. I guess that's the privilege of having passed out of that place - even the barber's nicer to you!
Sadly, the money I saved from the haircut has all but been spent on food and water - I've been running a deficit from my budget the last few days, so the barber was a real blessing to me.
I don't think I'll join the class for the outing next week. I'll just use the last 20 bucks I have to get Bell a CD or something, mainly because her birthday is coming up. It's easy to remember, because it is just one day after her's. And the best thing is that she share's the same birthday at Wan Ting. Just that Wan Ting doesn't know that I know when's her birthday.
I haven't even given mei a birthday present this year - I'm really so screwed up to actually miss it! So the least I can do is to at least not miss Bell's. She's one of the few people in my life that I can't take her friendship for granted. Especially since I've been under-appreciating her all these years since I knew her.
Probably get her some Christian CD bought from Life Bookshop. Life Bookshop because, Bell's best friend's Dad owns the entire chain. So in doing so, I'm like killing two birds with one stone - helping one and giving something away. It feels good to really give something away to someone whose life has added meaning to your life... Ah the philosophy of it all.
Marching
Drill started EVEN EARLIER than usual today. From 2.30, it has now become 1p.m. Instead of ending at 4, today it ended at about 5.30. That's 4 hours of solid drill especially with the breaks included! Under the hot sun! I don't understand why, but everytime there's drill, the sun is blazingly hot with no clouds in sight - and it rained heavily this morning! I've been tanned so black by the sun already even some of the people at church no longer recognise me! Sigh!
Today's drill really sucks. I hate all drill honestly. I hate all kinds of marching, all kinds of parades. They are MEANINGLESS! We practice for 40 hours under the sun only for a ceremony that lasts about 14 minutes! It sucks! I'd rather not go through all the hassle of the passing out parade and just leave the training school quietly. Just have a dinner of sorts and be done and over with it!
The only thing different today was that the Police Band joined in the "fun" watching us being roasted in the hot sun. Believe me, it was HOT. Very very HOT. Another reason for leaving this place - the weather REALLY SUCKS! We were allowed to attach bayonets to our M 16s today for drill for that added "effect" and "sparkle". Have to be really careful when lifting off the rifle during drills because who knows when you might just stab your armpit with a rusty but sharp bayonet.
I didn't bring my polo T-Shirt today, was saved my Eddie. Had I ended up marching in full uniform, I think I would have got heatstroke and fainted. It is terribly hot. And we seldom get breaks. Drill sucks BIG TIME. It's a good thing that I won't be marching anymore for life everlasting in 9 days time!
And then I'll probably say that I miss it.
Tomorrow's at Kallang, a welcome relief is that that wretched place doesn't have any drills in it.
My room's neater after spending close to 2 hours trying to rearrange it yesterday. Now, its only my study table and Hi-Fi shelf which is messy. The computer table and bookshelf are much more pleasant looking. It is almost Zen-like, supremely bare except for shelves to hold paper.
They say that right brained people tend to messy. I did this Left Brained/Right Brained test on Emode.com and it showed that I was a right brained person. Mum and Dad just cannot seemingly comprehend how I can live in such an extraordinarily messy room. Even throughout my JC life, I did not even have enough space to put two sheets of paper side by side! Oh well, it ACJC right? No need to study, just copy from the Viet or Thai scholars tomorrow. =)
At least, even though my room is so messy, I can still find all my stuff under all that pile of nonsense.
I'm writing this because I think I just lost Nico's Windows XP Professional CD. Of course its pirated, but it has the "upgradable" and "bootable" tag on the "CD Paper". This means that the entire windows can be installed via DOS, and at the same time, I can upgrade my Home Edition to the Professional Edition. The experts say that the difference between the Professional and Home Edition is about only 2% in source code. Yet this justifies a 329 dollar difference in Price tag no thanks to added stability.
Guess only Computer freaks like me need to use XP Professional at Home. Long live Linux! LLL!
I've been getting lots of new stuff lately, renewing lots of old things and changing the look of old things. I'm going to slowly reconstruct the layout for this blog and add a nice wishlist plus goals list. It does make sense to write your goals down. Just thinking about what kind of layout I should create, since the last time I touched html was in 1999!
The Day
Had the navigation exam today. Made lots of careless mistakes, didn't know the answers to questions I used to know, forgot a few things. Probably won't get highest, I think Rahmat or Badang will, but at least I am content to pass the subject, and collect my 150 dollars EXTRA at the end of the month every month. Corporal's standard pay is about 420 bucks, so this sea allowance really makes a big deal to us SAD NSmen!
Lunch was horrendous, even Liang Wei, who is not choosy about his food, didn't eat it today. I ended up wasting money on food. I already have so little and I have to buy food. Except for making me feel full, its quite useless since the food at home is so great already.
I got my hair cut today. Sgt Pang asked the Tracom barber to come all the way down to Brani to cut our hair. For 2 dollars, it is very worth it. Ironically, the guy who shaved us all bald on enlistment day was today carefully trimming our hair, offering a barber's shave with it and styling! Stuff you wouldn't get in Tracom as a trainee. I guess that's the privilege of having passed out of that place - even the barber's nicer to you!
Sadly, the money I saved from the haircut has all but been spent on food and water - I've been running a deficit from my budget the last few days, so the barber was a real blessing to me.
I don't think I'll join the class for the outing next week. I'll just use the last 20 bucks I have to get Bell a CD or something, mainly because her birthday is coming up. It's easy to remember, because it is just one day after her's. And the best thing is that she share's the same birthday at Wan Ting. Just that Wan Ting doesn't know that I know when's her birthday.
I haven't even given mei a birthday present this year - I'm really so screwed up to actually miss it! So the least I can do is to at least not miss Bell's. She's one of the few people in my life that I can't take her friendship for granted. Especially since I've been under-appreciating her all these years since I knew her.
Probably get her some Christian CD bought from Life Bookshop. Life Bookshop because, Bell's best friend's Dad owns the entire chain. So in doing so, I'm like killing two birds with one stone - helping one and giving something away. It feels good to really give something away to someone whose life has added meaning to your life... Ah the philosophy of it all.
Marching
Drill started EVEN EARLIER than usual today. From 2.30, it has now become 1p.m. Instead of ending at 4, today it ended at about 5.30. That's 4 hours of solid drill especially with the breaks included! Under the hot sun! I don't understand why, but everytime there's drill, the sun is blazingly hot with no clouds in sight - and it rained heavily this morning! I've been tanned so black by the sun already even some of the people at church no longer recognise me! Sigh!
Today's drill really sucks. I hate all drill honestly. I hate all kinds of marching, all kinds of parades. They are MEANINGLESS! We practice for 40 hours under the sun only for a ceremony that lasts about 14 minutes! It sucks! I'd rather not go through all the hassle of the passing out parade and just leave the training school quietly. Just have a dinner of sorts and be done and over with it!
The only thing different today was that the Police Band joined in the "fun" watching us being roasted in the hot sun. Believe me, it was HOT. Very very HOT. Another reason for leaving this place - the weather REALLY SUCKS! We were allowed to attach bayonets to our M 16s today for drill for that added "effect" and "sparkle". Have to be really careful when lifting off the rifle during drills because who knows when you might just stab your armpit with a rusty but sharp bayonet.
I didn't bring my polo T-Shirt today, was saved my Eddie. Had I ended up marching in full uniform, I think I would have got heatstroke and fainted. It is terribly hot. And we seldom get breaks. Drill sucks BIG TIME. It's a good thing that I won't be marching anymore for life everlasting in 9 days time!
And then I'll probably say that I miss it.
Tomorrow's at Kallang, a welcome relief is that that wretched place doesn't have any drills in it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home