Tuesday, July 22

big heart pain!

Yesterday, my mum told me she had seen an opportunity to buy a STEINWAY & SONS PIANO. I'm not sure whether upright or grand. It was going second hand at the classifieds at Cold Storage. As any informed person would know, Steinway manufactures the best pianoes in the entire world. In Singapore, the cheapest model, a simple upright retails for about 49 000 not inclusive of shipping, taxes and GST.

A Steinway Grand Piano, like the one in the esplanade costs at least 250 000 dollars. However, I believe that the Steinway Grand Piano in Carnegie Hall, New York City costs an astronomical 2 Million Dollars! They are made only from the finest wood, created by the most highly skilled piano craftsman in England.

It is one of the few things coming out from that screwed up country that actually is worth buying and investing in. I was so excited as this would be an excellent way to kick off my learning piano experience.

Mom told me over dinner today that the piano has already been sold.... Heart pain I tell you. All that hope built up has come to nothing!

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick..." -Pro 13:12

My heart is sick and in pain! Sigh! I can't start piano lessons soon! I'd really love to learn to play the piano! Ok, so she was part of the inspiration, but really, its a nice instrument! =P Sounds more like I'm trying to learn it for her sake...

police academy

There was an article in today's Home section of the Straits Times. It seems that police cadets at Tracom now undergo courses in the culture and practises of the different racial and religious groups in Singapore.

The Staff Sergeant in the Story, Abdul Karim Hashim, was my original OC squad in Tracom until I was switched squads after the prep course for unfit recruits. He rocks. He gives out gate passes like free and besides, he's ver nice in protecting us from all the "evil instructors" in the academy. He is one of the few guys in the whole hellhole there that you really talk to anytime. He's always full of encouraging words and support for us unfit freaks. He rocks.

drill again and complications

The day at Brani was very simple. I just slept for the better part of the morning till about 12.30, headed downstairs for lunch in the canteen. Then it was horrible drill. The weather was just SO HOT and everyone was just so dead. I hate marching. It's a good thing that I don't need to march anymore in just 3 days time.

Though there is a full day's worth of drill tomorrow. Sigh.

We were given our white rifle slings. We were asked to "make them white" with shoe white. They are so filthy the white looks grey and black. Don't understand why they must give us things that are of such inferior, sub-standard quality and make us clean them - just so to make our lives difficult.

LLW was really kind enough to actually like take it and get the whole thing done for me. Its good to have such a buddy. He's going to keng tomorrow and take an MC to get all this nonsense done. =)

There were further compications on the stupid raft, we had to pay 2 dollars more. Nico was kind enough to lend me cash to pay for the addition of velcro to the No.1 uniform and for the stupid raft.

OC was very upset when he realised that nobody wanted to take part in building the raft. I think its absolutely stupid, a total waste of time. He even threatened to activate us to get us to come back tonight to get the job done. Sigh, what's with him and that stupid piece of shit? I don't understand why such a worthless competition is so important to him.

In the end, I was assigned the duty to decorate the raft. Sigh. I'm like the worst person in art in the galaxy - I did get 5/100 for art in sec 2! Now I have to somehow come up with a design to be painted on the raft. I'm just going to give them some "abstract art theory" where we just splash colors of paint everywhere on the stupid piece of trashed shit.

Let's hope that tomorrow passes by quickly. Morning to late afternoon worth of drills, and then going to Kallang to fix up this raft. Kallang is really a wretched place. Gives us all kinds of SHIT JOBS to do. Sigh.

I notice that my entries are getting longer and longer. I need to cut down on it. =)

commentary

The only "highlight" of the day was the screening of an old movie - American Pie I. At first I thought it was the censored version as there wasn't any cursing during the show for quite some time.

Only then I realised that the show was screening because it wasn't censored! I shan't really go into details, but its worthy to comment on a few things in the show:

- I can't believe that Jim's father buys him pornographic magazines to explain to him the "birds and the bees". Its hilariously funny! The best part is that he speaks with such a formal tone, but yet can communicate to make it seem like he's speaking in a very informal manner to his son.

-There was this part where one of the girls in the show, during a date said,

it's always about sex, isn't it?

so damn true - not one day passed in ACJC without some guy talking about something sex-related to me.

-I relate to the part where Jim (Jason Biggs) said:

I was born without that part of the brain, I can't talk to girls I swear!

again, so damn true - that specifically applies to me.

-The flute girl!
-The webcam "show" (the really sinful part)
-the PIE thing
-STIFLER!
-using laxatives to sabo others
-the people at the lacrosse game.

I shan't comment further. It's too much to type out.... =)

Oh ya! Ivy Lee's on FHM Singapore this month! Hahahah! It's a "mental barrier" broken that married women can still be married and still be HOT enough to make it to the front cover of a popular Singapore Men's magazine. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home