much commentary
audiophile
I am increasingly becoming fascinated with high quality audio. It seems to be a hobby that almost all men indulge in. I thought that Nico and only a few people in the world are willing to shell out on a 30 000 dollar hi fi set. In the end, I am at that "phase" of growing up of appreciating the 'finer' things of life.
As of now, I am not fiddling around with real hi fi audio, but simply with computer audio. Nico says that it is not wise to invest into computer audio and besides, the sound quality will never be as good as the real thing.
I was thinking, since I sit in front of the computer for around 5 hours on average each day, I ought to invest in a better soundcard and speaker systems so as to enjoy my wonderful mp3 archive.
Been testing out the various players on my computer. Winamp is the undisputed champion of all. It has a good interface, lots of functionality and does not take up too much system resources. Besides, the audio it decodes is far more acceptable than many media players out there.
Ok, in terms of "unenhanced" audio quality, winamp wins hands down. But the 9 series of the windows media player, along with its 500 million dollar investment from Microsoft is really good when it comes down to its audio enhancement capabilities.
I never knew that the included SRS WOW EFFECTS and the SRS TRUBASS EFFECTS are so good! They can drive my subwoofer to start booming away when the volume dial is at about 20%. What I think is the true advantage is that it somehow creats this "circle surround" effect, even though all four of my speakers are placed in front of me, instead of the two in front, two behind format.
Wow, so much digital modifications. Creative has EAX, EAX II. Microsoft has SRS WOW and SRS TRUBASS. With an Audigy 2 Platinum EX, there will be an additional 5 dials to manually tune the music and with the Klipsch ProMedia seris, another 5 dials or so.
That's alot of tweaking and turning. Music sounds alot better when its tweaked, so that its not so flat and plain and "dry". I'm following in the footsteps of Lester, becoming a computer audiophile.
church
I left the house early for Bible studies with Merf. I am so lagging. I'm 19 years old and I just started on the 3rd chapter of the most basic course - Getting Started. Everyone around me is like SO FAR ahead. I feel so ashamed just to pull out the book and go learn from it in church. It sucks especially when everyone expects you to be the level of "victorious living".
Oh well, I set myself the target, in one years' time I will be ahead of ALL the sisters in my cellgroup except Alice, who has already finished a diploma of Theology at the Bible School. That one cannot fight.
I ended up doing only two chapters at the rooftop garden in church. Everyone seems to be having Bible study nowadays the fourth floor cafe is so packed. Everywhere is Singapore is severely crowded. Severely.
that girl
I got to see that girl again today! She was the first person I saw when I walked out of the lift. Best, she didn't notice me at all. I'm so super invisible everywhere I go. She was going for this "church introductory course" or CIC in the chinese church hall.
LLW told me that alot of his members are newcomers, so guess she must be one of them. Didn't even catch her name, and I don't plan to anytime soon. It'll be fun just to call her that girl =)
She's just really average looking. No distinguishing looks, doesn't have great legs or body. Even her voice isn't exactly sweet or special. Its just like. She's so average - its unique. It's like the defining basis for the phrase "average girl". Hahahaha.
Oh ya, she was wearing this denim skirt. Denim skirts are HOT! Even T-Squared agrees with me, or rather, I with him.
frustrating queuing
I queued for quite some time today, when the doors finally opened, the entire hall was more or less booked already. So we had to settle for some really crappy seats. It was almost just above sitting on the floor on church. Sucks. I queue so long and all these cell group leaders, ushers, security personnel and people who sneak into the service and dump their bags and then run out of the hall really irritate me. Its like I queued for so long for no purpose at all. Might as well not queue.
I managed to get six empty seats. How to sit 14 people on 6 chairs? Then this cell group leader just came up to me and said, "sorry, but these seats are taken already for my members". FUCK YOU BITCH! Just because you have a red badge doesn't mean you can fucking chase me away!
Somemore, this one wasn't a red badge (cell group leaders wear a red batch in church), it was GREY, which means it was a full time church staff. No choice, no badge have to give way to one with a red/grey badge. I feel so cheated.
Of course I didn't say those things, I only thought them in my mind. Somehow, I'm getting quite crude and vulgar and perhaps even violent when MENTALLY since I've entered NS. I don't say or do things, but I have the thoughts, and that's really no good.
Later we managed to get the worst seats in the house. Can't even see the giant display propely, the sound quality was very poor and the chairs were all those dirty, old and filthy pieces of shit that the ushers put there.
And there's so much pestering from the "nice" ushers. Asking with a "polite intention".
"excuse me brother, how many seats are you taking?"
"how long more till your members come?"
"can you please shift in"
They say that with the intention to take away as many vacant seats as possible from you in church. When the other members of the cell group come, they dont' have. And since its always the sisters are late, George and I usually almost end up sitting on the floor. Brothers have to give way to sisters at all times. *Sigh* I regretfully and reluctantly adhere to that "unwritten rule".
Ushers LOVE to say. "how long more are your members going to come". Say "Five Minutes" and within 4 minutes, all these people without seats are going to come and take up all the empty seats in the row.
I usually try not to give them a time limit, after having learn that lesson the hard way. In my mind I'm thinking, "FUCK OFF! BEFORE I FUCK YOU!"
I have that violent tendency, violent streak in me. It doesn't come out, Thank God. But I fear it might come out one day.
My Psychological Profile: "Extremely Brilliant and Calculative, makes a serial killerwith extrememly violent tendencies that have been greatly suppressed either by mental strength or religion. Examples: Jack the Ripper, Dr Hannibal Lecter."
I told T-Squared about it and even HE AGREED. I'm like so mild in real life. Everyone just steps on me, this guy suffering with a poor self image and low self-esteem. But given the opportunity. I think honestly I can fit into the shoes of Hannibal Lecter. No doubt. I can actually see myself killing people. =( Its wrong i know. But why do I get that violent streak in me? I desire to be peaceful and kind and nice to all I know.
I was already quite peeved from the earlier episode. I did give that church staff a rude hand gesture. No, it wasn't the "FUCK YOU" one, but the one where you violently raise one hand up to head level and follow through in quick succession - as to mean SCREW YOU or YOU BASTARD/BITCH.
All this within a church sanctuary.
I almost scolded the usher! And its not one or two. It's MANY. Lots of them keep bugging you. One hand I wanted to SCOLD and SHOUT at them, the other, I wanted to scream at the rest of the cellgroup for being late perpetually.
cellgroup perpetually latecoming syndrom
Sad to say that I have to gripe about the cellgroup. They are ALWAY LATE FOR EVERYTHING! Late for meeting, late for going to lunch, late for bible study, late for service, late for lunch, late for worship. I ALWAYS make it a point to come early and punctually. But they always delay delay delay.
I just don't say it. Cellgroup meetings have been delayed 2 hours before because they came late, then they were slow, then they wanted to buy this and that and make detours, and they want to take the bus for 1 bus stop walking distance and all kinds of shit like "i'm hot - can I cool down" and "i'm thirsty - I go buy a drink" and "i'm hungry - i go eat first hor".
I cannnot stand their attitude. Forever wasting my time.
For sure, one day I will end up shouting at them.
getting seats
I almost shouted at this usher, some 15 year old girl, but thought I'd better not, since LLW's cellgroup leader was just in the background. Besides, its not nice to shout at the 15 year old innocent girl for no reason other than to vent my frustrations upon.
Its a good thing I didn't, because later she served our row in church. It would have been rather uncomfortable should I have an outburst.
Anyway, I haven't shouted at anyone since I was in secondary 2. Its been more than 6 years since I last got so angry i actually shouted at someone. In the last case, it was some jerk who threw my pencil case into the fan back at Barker.
Merf noticed that I was really tensed up and just asked me to calm down.
I vowed that I will NEVER EVER sit on such shitty seats again. I will be more aggressive in future when it comes to such things, even though its so trivial, seats. It really makes a huge factor when it comes to comfort in church. HUGE factor. I sat on the floor before and ended up with a numb butt, cramped legs and painful knees. I'm not living through that again. NEVER.
We finally got seats and sat down.
mei: I don't think I'll actually be a violent person in real life, like a gangster or wife-beater or abusive violent father. I am not easily angered, however, things so trivial like seats in church, along with all the difficulties, frustration, politics and mind games I have play just for a few seats can easily put on too much tension on me. Tension that builds up so fast that there is not enough time for it to "drain away". It like makes me fly into a "mental rage".
That's why there are two forms of murder in the Criiminal Procedure Code: Murder, where a killing is premeditated, and Culpabale Homicide, where it is not premeditated but due to other factors like the above. Sigh.
pre-service
The was a short prayer meeting before service started. I didn't feel like praying AT ALL after all the irritation in trying to get seats I just talked to God about this whole business of queueing for seats and stuff. I was quite peeved. I didn't vent my frustrations on God, since there's no point. But I did ask Him to prevent such things from happening again. =)
service
Today's guest speaker was Rev. Dr Christian Harfouche. He is a miracle worker of God that moves in signs and wonders. God has gifted him with the ability to minister to the sick. He has a very powerful form of the gift of healing. No doubt.
The praise was EXCELLENT! Even though I couldn't hear the music properly. I just started crying during praise. Normally, shedding tears is for worship, but I believe that the spiritual atmosphere today was very strong indeed. God's presence was felt in church in a very real way.
Worship too was very good. The new worship song sung last week sounded almost 10 times better.
Dr Harfouche was soon introduced and he started to sing in his spirit and testify. Then he started the healing sessions. As he was singing, he said that God was healing people with jaw problems and hearing problems. George just went "Oh my God!" and started to move his jaw in all directions. I didn't know he had a problem with his jaw, but by the look on his face. I knew a miracle had happened.
Later, Dr Harfouched called this group of people forward and prayed for them. After this group, it was followed by those who had neck problems and shoulder problems. Many came forward. Of which, all were miraculously healed. After he healed them. He asked almost everyone to just give a testimony of their healing and give thanks to God.
There were two notable persons healed.
The first was this girl. I think about 16 or 17 years of age who came forward and said that she had a neck problem. She couldn't move her neck properly.
Dr Harfouche started by putting his hands around her neck and cheeks and started to move her head in all directions. She started crying.
"I'm frightened"
"Do not be afraid, say, 'I am not scared'"
She kept sobbing with tears flowing down her face. It was really sad. I could picture myself in her shoes.
"I'm scared"
"Do not be scared, say 'I am not scared'"
"I'm not scared"
"I'm not scared"
She promptly fell flat on the floor and didn't get up. Even after the service ended, she was still flat on the ground. Power. But there was a smile of peace and serenity on her face. Of course, we all knew what had happened.
Then there was this old woman who came up and said that she had pain in her neck, back and ankle. She had difficulty standing and even walking.
Dr Harfouche prayed for her and requested that she run around the church.
The old woman ran. She ran around church. Her ankle and back problem was miraculously healed! She ran at a speed faster than most NS boys! The church gave her a standing ovation and applauded her faith in God. If I have not seen it with my eyes, I would not have believed it that an OLD WOMAN CAN RUN. And she really did RUN!
Dr Harfouche spent so much time praying for the sick that in the end, he didn't preach at all. He just finished the session by praying that a few of the cellgroup leaders, pastors, musicians and singers to have joy. Laughter reigned. Holy Laughter, as they call it.
alice birthday
There was a short celebration for Alice, who turned 23 this week. It ws short and sweet and the celebration ended with Alice smearing some of her chocolate cake on Ryan and Merf's face!
We proceeded to KFC to lap up the cake. As I had no money, George bought me lunch. At first I was talking to God. Rather upset that I would have to seemingly go hungry. I griped to God about the fact that food was really important to me and that sacficing and going hungry wasn't easy at all, especially since you're always hungry during NS.
In the end, I had lunch laid out before me. Probably worth about 10 dollars. Thank You God! =) I need to get a small book to write down all the blessings God has blessed me with. =) And George isn't rich! His whole family has been in severe financial difficulties for almost 10 years and yet he bought me lunch. Can only thank God, really.
a note
Before we broke off. Merf told us that Lydia was in debt. Her handphone bill is an astronomical 750 dollars! How much you must talk to reach that amount! Even Poh Yong, with 2 hours a day and 5000 sms, can only hit 180. How'd she hit such a huge amount? I plan to defer the speaker purchase for Merf to give her a love offering to help her stave off her debt. I can bear to see my fellow cellgroup member in debt. Especially since Pastor teaches us that being in debt is no good.
I took bus 179 back to Boon Lay interchange. LLW was on that bus! And so was ERIC! LLW had brought him to church today after previous unsuccessful attempts! I hope he gets saved soon. And I got to see that girl again. Well, of course. I don't get an opportunity to talk to her since what was left of LLW's cellgroup was basically just her and like 6 guys!
Cannot fight. Security so tight. =) I'll resist the temptation to ask her name for a while. Average girl... hahahahahaha... should I use that call sign for her? *muses*
return of uncle luck
Uncle Luck returned back today. He had left last sunday when I was at church. My goodness. How quickly a week passes indeed. He just went to take a short trip to Bangkok to check out some properties.
He'll be back for about 5 days or so, when he flies off on friday. I just lose my room again. So no late nights on the computer and it'll be harder to blog. Since mom is sending him to the airport at around 6 on Friday, and Dad has business to attend to. No one will be at my Passing Out Parade. =( Of course. I know God will be in attendance.
the dark horse
The British Grand Prix is on now. Toyota got off to a flying start by being even faster than FERRARRI, as far as I've watched it, which is about 7 laps out of 60. They've really come very far! TOYOTA FASTER THAN FERRARRI! INCREDIBLE!
It is like how ATI kicked Nvidia's ass when the RADEON 9800 PRO beat the GeFORCE FX 5800 in every single test except quake 3, 1024 . 768, 16 bit color with no anti-aliasing and no antromorphic filtering. How's that?
BMW Williams F1 team has come very far. In previous competitions when they had ended with just 3 points, and Ferrari, the winner having 70, they are currently in 2nd place as I type this.
I just hope the finish line will be something like this:
Toyota
BMW Williams F1 Team
Maclaren-Mercedes
with all the normally top ranked people somewhere near the bottom! Hahah I'm so evil!
advertisements
I notice a steady proliferation of chat line advertisements. They show a tease line along with pictures of a few models. I think its so stupid, yet wonder why so many guys actually go use the lines.
Nabil
I managed to meet up with my neighbour, Nabil, former ACJC boy from my batch today. He's a national debater, qualifies for NUS Law, Plain English Speaking Award, Principal's Honor's Roll and stuff. He's now in OCS and doing well.
Need to include a "profiles page" on my blog. So that any new visitors won't get lost in the deluge of names used in my blog/diary!
audiophile
I am increasingly becoming fascinated with high quality audio. It seems to be a hobby that almost all men indulge in. I thought that Nico and only a few people in the world are willing to shell out on a 30 000 dollar hi fi set. In the end, I am at that "phase" of growing up of appreciating the 'finer' things of life.
As of now, I am not fiddling around with real hi fi audio, but simply with computer audio. Nico says that it is not wise to invest into computer audio and besides, the sound quality will never be as good as the real thing.
I was thinking, since I sit in front of the computer for around 5 hours on average each day, I ought to invest in a better soundcard and speaker systems so as to enjoy my wonderful mp3 archive.
Been testing out the various players on my computer. Winamp is the undisputed champion of all. It has a good interface, lots of functionality and does not take up too much system resources. Besides, the audio it decodes is far more acceptable than many media players out there.
Ok, in terms of "unenhanced" audio quality, winamp wins hands down. But the 9 series of the windows media player, along with its 500 million dollar investment from Microsoft is really good when it comes down to its audio enhancement capabilities.
I never knew that the included SRS WOW EFFECTS and the SRS TRUBASS EFFECTS are so good! They can drive my subwoofer to start booming away when the volume dial is at about 20%. What I think is the true advantage is that it somehow creats this "circle surround" effect, even though all four of my speakers are placed in front of me, instead of the two in front, two behind format.
Wow, so much digital modifications. Creative has EAX, EAX II. Microsoft has SRS WOW and SRS TRUBASS. With an Audigy 2 Platinum EX, there will be an additional 5 dials to manually tune the music and with the Klipsch ProMedia seris, another 5 dials or so.
That's alot of tweaking and turning. Music sounds alot better when its tweaked, so that its not so flat and plain and "dry". I'm following in the footsteps of Lester, becoming a computer audiophile.
church
I left the house early for Bible studies with Merf. I am so lagging. I'm 19 years old and I just started on the 3rd chapter of the most basic course - Getting Started. Everyone around me is like SO FAR ahead. I feel so ashamed just to pull out the book and go learn from it in church. It sucks especially when everyone expects you to be the level of "victorious living".
Oh well, I set myself the target, in one years' time I will be ahead of ALL the sisters in my cellgroup except Alice, who has already finished a diploma of Theology at the Bible School. That one cannot fight.
I ended up doing only two chapters at the rooftop garden in church. Everyone seems to be having Bible study nowadays the fourth floor cafe is so packed. Everywhere is Singapore is severely crowded. Severely.
that girl
I got to see that girl again today! She was the first person I saw when I walked out of the lift. Best, she didn't notice me at all. I'm so super invisible everywhere I go. She was going for this "church introductory course" or CIC in the chinese church hall.
LLW told me that alot of his members are newcomers, so guess she must be one of them. Didn't even catch her name, and I don't plan to anytime soon. It'll be fun just to call her that girl =)
She's just really average looking. No distinguishing looks, doesn't have great legs or body. Even her voice isn't exactly sweet or special. Its just like. She's so average - its unique. It's like the defining basis for the phrase "average girl". Hahahaha.
Oh ya, she was wearing this denim skirt. Denim skirts are HOT! Even T-Squared agrees with me, or rather, I with him.
frustrating queuing
I queued for quite some time today, when the doors finally opened, the entire hall was more or less booked already. So we had to settle for some really crappy seats. It was almost just above sitting on the floor on church. Sucks. I queue so long and all these cell group leaders, ushers, security personnel and people who sneak into the service and dump their bags and then run out of the hall really irritate me. Its like I queued for so long for no purpose at all. Might as well not queue.
I managed to get six empty seats. How to sit 14 people on 6 chairs? Then this cell group leader just came up to me and said, "sorry, but these seats are taken already for my members". FUCK YOU BITCH! Just because you have a red badge doesn't mean you can fucking chase me away!
Somemore, this one wasn't a red badge (cell group leaders wear a red batch in church), it was GREY, which means it was a full time church staff. No choice, no badge have to give way to one with a red/grey badge. I feel so cheated.
Of course I didn't say those things, I only thought them in my mind. Somehow, I'm getting quite crude and vulgar and perhaps even violent when MENTALLY since I've entered NS. I don't say or do things, but I have the thoughts, and that's really no good.
Later we managed to get the worst seats in the house. Can't even see the giant display propely, the sound quality was very poor and the chairs were all those dirty, old and filthy pieces of shit that the ushers put there.
And there's so much pestering from the "nice" ushers. Asking with a "polite intention".
"excuse me brother, how many seats are you taking?"
"how long more till your members come?"
"can you please shift in"
They say that with the intention to take away as many vacant seats as possible from you in church. When the other members of the cell group come, they dont' have. And since its always the sisters are late, George and I usually almost end up sitting on the floor. Brothers have to give way to sisters at all times. *Sigh* I regretfully and reluctantly adhere to that "unwritten rule".
Ushers LOVE to say. "how long more are your members going to come". Say "Five Minutes" and within 4 minutes, all these people without seats are going to come and take up all the empty seats in the row.
I usually try not to give them a time limit, after having learn that lesson the hard way. In my mind I'm thinking, "FUCK OFF! BEFORE I FUCK YOU!"
I have that violent tendency, violent streak in me. It doesn't come out, Thank God. But I fear it might come out one day.
My Psychological Profile: "Extremely Brilliant and Calculative, makes a serial killerwith extrememly violent tendencies that have been greatly suppressed either by mental strength or religion. Examples: Jack the Ripper, Dr Hannibal Lecter."
I told T-Squared about it and even HE AGREED. I'm like so mild in real life. Everyone just steps on me, this guy suffering with a poor self image and low self-esteem. But given the opportunity. I think honestly I can fit into the shoes of Hannibal Lecter. No doubt. I can actually see myself killing people. =( Its wrong i know. But why do I get that violent streak in me? I desire to be peaceful and kind and nice to all I know.
I was already quite peeved from the earlier episode. I did give that church staff a rude hand gesture. No, it wasn't the "FUCK YOU" one, but the one where you violently raise one hand up to head level and follow through in quick succession - as to mean SCREW YOU or YOU BASTARD/BITCH.
All this within a church sanctuary.
I almost scolded the usher! And its not one or two. It's MANY. Lots of them keep bugging you. One hand I wanted to SCOLD and SHOUT at them, the other, I wanted to scream at the rest of the cellgroup for being late perpetually.
cellgroup perpetually latecoming syndrom
Sad to say that I have to gripe about the cellgroup. They are ALWAY LATE FOR EVERYTHING! Late for meeting, late for going to lunch, late for bible study, late for service, late for lunch, late for worship. I ALWAYS make it a point to come early and punctually. But they always delay delay delay.
I just don't say it. Cellgroup meetings have been delayed 2 hours before because they came late, then they were slow, then they wanted to buy this and that and make detours, and they want to take the bus for 1 bus stop walking distance and all kinds of shit like "i'm hot - can I cool down" and "i'm thirsty - I go buy a drink" and "i'm hungry - i go eat first hor".
I cannnot stand their attitude. Forever wasting my time.
For sure, one day I will end up shouting at them.
getting seats
I almost shouted at this usher, some 15 year old girl, but thought I'd better not, since LLW's cellgroup leader was just in the background. Besides, its not nice to shout at the 15 year old innocent girl for no reason other than to vent my frustrations upon.
Its a good thing I didn't, because later she served our row in church. It would have been rather uncomfortable should I have an outburst.
Anyway, I haven't shouted at anyone since I was in secondary 2. Its been more than 6 years since I last got so angry i actually shouted at someone. In the last case, it was some jerk who threw my pencil case into the fan back at Barker.
Merf noticed that I was really tensed up and just asked me to calm down.
I vowed that I will NEVER EVER sit on such shitty seats again. I will be more aggressive in future when it comes to such things, even though its so trivial, seats. It really makes a huge factor when it comes to comfort in church. HUGE factor. I sat on the floor before and ended up with a numb butt, cramped legs and painful knees. I'm not living through that again. NEVER.
We finally got seats and sat down.
mei: I don't think I'll actually be a violent person in real life, like a gangster or wife-beater or abusive violent father. I am not easily angered, however, things so trivial like seats in church, along with all the difficulties, frustration, politics and mind games I have play just for a few seats can easily put on too much tension on me. Tension that builds up so fast that there is not enough time for it to "drain away". It like makes me fly into a "mental rage".
That's why there are two forms of murder in the Criiminal Procedure Code: Murder, where a killing is premeditated, and Culpabale Homicide, where it is not premeditated but due to other factors like the above. Sigh.
pre-service
The was a short prayer meeting before service started. I didn't feel like praying AT ALL after all the irritation in trying to get seats I just talked to God about this whole business of queueing for seats and stuff. I was quite peeved. I didn't vent my frustrations on God, since there's no point. But I did ask Him to prevent such things from happening again. =)
service
Today's guest speaker was Rev. Dr Christian Harfouche. He is a miracle worker of God that moves in signs and wonders. God has gifted him with the ability to minister to the sick. He has a very powerful form of the gift of healing. No doubt.
The praise was EXCELLENT! Even though I couldn't hear the music properly. I just started crying during praise. Normally, shedding tears is for worship, but I believe that the spiritual atmosphere today was very strong indeed. God's presence was felt in church in a very real way.
Worship too was very good. The new worship song sung last week sounded almost 10 times better.
Dr Harfouche was soon introduced and he started to sing in his spirit and testify. Then he started the healing sessions. As he was singing, he said that God was healing people with jaw problems and hearing problems. George just went "Oh my God!" and started to move his jaw in all directions. I didn't know he had a problem with his jaw, but by the look on his face. I knew a miracle had happened.
Later, Dr Harfouched called this group of people forward and prayed for them. After this group, it was followed by those who had neck problems and shoulder problems. Many came forward. Of which, all were miraculously healed. After he healed them. He asked almost everyone to just give a testimony of their healing and give thanks to God.
There were two notable persons healed.
The first was this girl. I think about 16 or 17 years of age who came forward and said that she had a neck problem. She couldn't move her neck properly.
Dr Harfouche started by putting his hands around her neck and cheeks and started to move her head in all directions. She started crying.
"I'm frightened"
"Do not be afraid, say, 'I am not scared'"
She kept sobbing with tears flowing down her face. It was really sad. I could picture myself in her shoes.
"I'm scared"
"Do not be scared, say 'I am not scared'"
"I'm not scared"
"I'm not scared"
She promptly fell flat on the floor and didn't get up. Even after the service ended, she was still flat on the ground. Power. But there was a smile of peace and serenity on her face. Of course, we all knew what had happened.
Then there was this old woman who came up and said that she had pain in her neck, back and ankle. She had difficulty standing and even walking.
Dr Harfouche prayed for her and requested that she run around the church.
The old woman ran. She ran around church. Her ankle and back problem was miraculously healed! She ran at a speed faster than most NS boys! The church gave her a standing ovation and applauded her faith in God. If I have not seen it with my eyes, I would not have believed it that an OLD WOMAN CAN RUN. And she really did RUN!
Dr Harfouche spent so much time praying for the sick that in the end, he didn't preach at all. He just finished the session by praying that a few of the cellgroup leaders, pastors, musicians and singers to have joy. Laughter reigned. Holy Laughter, as they call it.
alice birthday
There was a short celebration for Alice, who turned 23 this week. It ws short and sweet and the celebration ended with Alice smearing some of her chocolate cake on Ryan and Merf's face!
We proceeded to KFC to lap up the cake. As I had no money, George bought me lunch. At first I was talking to God. Rather upset that I would have to seemingly go hungry. I griped to God about the fact that food was really important to me and that sacficing and going hungry wasn't easy at all, especially since you're always hungry during NS.
In the end, I had lunch laid out before me. Probably worth about 10 dollars. Thank You God! =) I need to get a small book to write down all the blessings God has blessed me with. =) And George isn't rich! His whole family has been in severe financial difficulties for almost 10 years and yet he bought me lunch. Can only thank God, really.
a note
Before we broke off. Merf told us that Lydia was in debt. Her handphone bill is an astronomical 750 dollars! How much you must talk to reach that amount! Even Poh Yong, with 2 hours a day and 5000 sms, can only hit 180. How'd she hit such a huge amount? I plan to defer the speaker purchase for Merf to give her a love offering to help her stave off her debt. I can bear to see my fellow cellgroup member in debt. Especially since Pastor teaches us that being in debt is no good.
I took bus 179 back to Boon Lay interchange. LLW was on that bus! And so was ERIC! LLW had brought him to church today after previous unsuccessful attempts! I hope he gets saved soon. And I got to see that girl again. Well, of course. I don't get an opportunity to talk to her since what was left of LLW's cellgroup was basically just her and like 6 guys!
Cannot fight. Security so tight. =) I'll resist the temptation to ask her name for a while. Average girl... hahahahahaha... should I use that call sign for her? *muses*
return of uncle luck
Uncle Luck returned back today. He had left last sunday when I was at church. My goodness. How quickly a week passes indeed. He just went to take a short trip to Bangkok to check out some properties.
He'll be back for about 5 days or so, when he flies off on friday. I just lose my room again. So no late nights on the computer and it'll be harder to blog. Since mom is sending him to the airport at around 6 on Friday, and Dad has business to attend to. No one will be at my Passing Out Parade. =( Of course. I know God will be in attendance.
the dark horse
The British Grand Prix is on now. Toyota got off to a flying start by being even faster than FERRARRI, as far as I've watched it, which is about 7 laps out of 60. They've really come very far! TOYOTA FASTER THAN FERRARRI! INCREDIBLE!
It is like how ATI kicked Nvidia's ass when the RADEON 9800 PRO beat the GeFORCE FX 5800 in every single test except quake 3, 1024 . 768, 16 bit color with no anti-aliasing and no antromorphic filtering. How's that?
BMW Williams F1 team has come very far. In previous competitions when they had ended with just 3 points, and Ferrari, the winner having 70, they are currently in 2nd place as I type this.
I just hope the finish line will be something like this:
Toyota
BMW Williams F1 Team
Maclaren-Mercedes
with all the normally top ranked people somewhere near the bottom! Hahah I'm so evil!
advertisements
I notice a steady proliferation of chat line advertisements. They show a tease line along with pictures of a few models. I think its so stupid, yet wonder why so many guys actually go use the lines.
Nabil
I managed to meet up with my neighbour, Nabil, former ACJC boy from my batch today. He's a national debater, qualifies for NUS Law, Plain English Speaking Award, Principal's Honor's Roll and stuff. He's now in OCS and doing well.
Need to include a "profiles page" on my blog. So that any new visitors won't get lost in the deluge of names used in my blog/diary!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home