Ok I shall try to type out today's entry, after IE crashed on me this afternoon. The check spelling feature is really unstable.
End of the Work Week
As usual, I ended my work week at Kallang. No attachment this week. Today, I had no classes, just the "Healthy Lifestyle Campaign", had to run 4 km with the squad and then head towards the National Stadium where the guys played soccer.
I don't know why, but I have absolutely no interest in soccer. I only support liverpool because mei supports it and newcastle because Shing Lee supports it. At least the teams aren't as stuck up as "Man U". Oh well, leave out of the game of football politics.
I discovered after chatting with OC that he too was from City Harvest. Oh no. I have put across such a bad impression across to him. I jokingly told Liang Wei that he should go to church to look for girls. Of course, only Liang Wei knows I joke about this kind of stuff, but the rest of the guys really though I was just the typical church going guy who goes to church to see girls.
Funny, the girls in my cellgroup all have very good looks and good character, but I am not attracted to them in anyway. Perhaps it is because Church discourages BGR within the cellgroup. I think its better that way. I won't be able to worship God with all my heart if the girl I like is seating/standing very near to me. Its a MAJOR distraction, especially now that I am in NS. The desert years.
Well, Liang Wei now has favor in the eyes of OC. OC asked Liang Wei to stay back today to have a "chat". Win already, yet another opportunity where I do not gain favor with my superiors. It would be better since he could get a gate pass for me to go for conferences and help me to apply for leave when church things take place during class time. Too bad. Too sad. I'll just have to accept it that way.
I did some fatigue (Tracom's Codeword for area cleaning). Nothing much, just wipe the boat simulator screens and handles with dettol After that we had a go on the system, but it crashed and we were allowed to go home. Due to our very poor navigation skills, we grounded our boat just off the Singapore River. But nevermind, our instructor found it so funny. He just kept laughing at us.
I had lunch outside and then went for a haircut. OC said that the Tracom barber would be coming next week. But Mr Kadir had to bug my conscience, saying that since I've promised to cut my hair by Sunday, then I should not wait anymore and compromise my integrity. True. I have to learn to say what I mean and to mean what I say. My integrity can't be bought, it can only be earned the hard way.
The haircut cost me 12 bucks, 10 dollars more expensive as opposed to a Tracom haircut. My first haircut in 4 months! I just cut it G.I no. 4, with a slightly longer fringe. I'll cut my hair again after passing out in August. To drown my "sorrows" about having to cut my hair, I gulped down a can of Heineken. Something which I'll be drinking with Wei Loong and Nico next week at Wei Loong's house warming. Heineken is the best beer.
I took a short nap and woke with the feeling I get before every church service or cellgroup. The same heavy feeling that tells me not to go to church. I fight this feeling all the time, I have to literally drag myself to Church. And after the service, I feel so glad that I went to Church/cellgroup. Its really in the Praise and Worship. That makes all the difference I think.
Praise and Worship today was done standing up, not sitting down as usual, Merf said that this was a big leap of faith for him spiritually in the area of Praise and Worship. He asked us to try our best to sing with God giving us the words. I've never done it before, always Alice or Janice. My faith isn't so big to just sing and let God give me the lyrics on the spot. Its different from Tongues. I'm just scared that I might sing something wrong.
Everyone had a testimonial today after a really long worship session. My testimony was as usual, pretty flaky. I hate it. I wish to glorify God more, but I can't find it within me. =( OC says that the girls in church are really focused on God and that they are not easy to "handle" spiritually. It can sometimes make you appear to be a second fiddle. I agree. Girls in any church almost always love God more than the guys. Men are really screwed up.
After cellgroup, I rushed down to Holland Village starbucks to meet my university admissions officer. I do hope to get into NYU. Just hope that God is willing. Didn't eat dinner, except for 2 chicken drumlets at Vanessa's house. They ordered pizza but too bad, I could not stay behind to eat it. Perhaps tomorrow, I shall treat myself with a buddy meal from KFC, or 2 fish and fries at Long John's.
Saturday's are always fun, though tiring, because at least I can interact with people that are closer to me. Thank you God, for my cellgroup and the few friends that you've given to me in this life.
End of the Work Week
As usual, I ended my work week at Kallang. No attachment this week. Today, I had no classes, just the "Healthy Lifestyle Campaign", had to run 4 km with the squad and then head towards the National Stadium where the guys played soccer.
I don't know why, but I have absolutely no interest in soccer. I only support liverpool because mei supports it and newcastle because Shing Lee supports it. At least the teams aren't as stuck up as "Man U". Oh well, leave out of the game of football politics.
I discovered after chatting with OC that he too was from City Harvest. Oh no. I have put across such a bad impression across to him. I jokingly told Liang Wei that he should go to church to look for girls. Of course, only Liang Wei knows I joke about this kind of stuff, but the rest of the guys really though I was just the typical church going guy who goes to church to see girls.
Funny, the girls in my cellgroup all have very good looks and good character, but I am not attracted to them in anyway. Perhaps it is because Church discourages BGR within the cellgroup. I think its better that way. I won't be able to worship God with all my heart if the girl I like is seating/standing very near to me. Its a MAJOR distraction, especially now that I am in NS. The desert years.
Well, Liang Wei now has favor in the eyes of OC. OC asked Liang Wei to stay back today to have a "chat". Win already, yet another opportunity where I do not gain favor with my superiors. It would be better since he could get a gate pass for me to go for conferences and help me to apply for leave when church things take place during class time. Too bad. Too sad. I'll just have to accept it that way.
I did some fatigue (Tracom's Codeword for area cleaning). Nothing much, just wipe the boat simulator screens and handles with dettol After that we had a go on the system, but it crashed and we were allowed to go home. Due to our very poor navigation skills, we grounded our boat just off the Singapore River. But nevermind, our instructor found it so funny. He just kept laughing at us.
I had lunch outside and then went for a haircut. OC said that the Tracom barber would be coming next week. But Mr Kadir had to bug my conscience, saying that since I've promised to cut my hair by Sunday, then I should not wait anymore and compromise my integrity. True. I have to learn to say what I mean and to mean what I say. My integrity can't be bought, it can only be earned the hard way.
The haircut cost me 12 bucks, 10 dollars more expensive as opposed to a Tracom haircut. My first haircut in 4 months! I just cut it G.I no. 4, with a slightly longer fringe. I'll cut my hair again after passing out in August. To drown my "sorrows" about having to cut my hair, I gulped down a can of Heineken. Something which I'll be drinking with Wei Loong and Nico next week at Wei Loong's house warming. Heineken is the best beer.
I took a short nap and woke with the feeling I get before every church service or cellgroup. The same heavy feeling that tells me not to go to church. I fight this feeling all the time, I have to literally drag myself to Church. And after the service, I feel so glad that I went to Church/cellgroup. Its really in the Praise and Worship. That makes all the difference I think.
Praise and Worship today was done standing up, not sitting down as usual, Merf said that this was a big leap of faith for him spiritually in the area of Praise and Worship. He asked us to try our best to sing with God giving us the words. I've never done it before, always Alice or Janice. My faith isn't so big to just sing and let God give me the lyrics on the spot. Its different from Tongues. I'm just scared that I might sing something wrong.
Everyone had a testimonial today after a really long worship session. My testimony was as usual, pretty flaky. I hate it. I wish to glorify God more, but I can't find it within me. =( OC says that the girls in church are really focused on God and that they are not easy to "handle" spiritually. It can sometimes make you appear to be a second fiddle. I agree. Girls in any church almost always love God more than the guys. Men are really screwed up.
After cellgroup, I rushed down to Holland Village starbucks to meet my university admissions officer. I do hope to get into NYU. Just hope that God is willing. Didn't eat dinner, except for 2 chicken drumlets at Vanessa's house. They ordered pizza but too bad, I could not stay behind to eat it. Perhaps tomorrow, I shall treat myself with a buddy meal from KFC, or 2 fish and fries at Long John's.
Saturday's are always fun, though tiring, because at least I can interact with people that are closer to me. Thank you God, for my cellgroup and the few friends that you've given to me in this life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home