Tuesday, July 6

Return to the Sea

I'll just let the photos do the talking. Its been nine months since I brought my camera out to the sea. As much as I was afraid that I might drop it into the water, I guess that's a risk that I have got to take in order to show to others what I normally see on a normal quiet day of duty.



I love the sea. It has this attractive, alluring power to it. Its quite soothing to hear the constant crashing of waves on the seashore as well as the constant crush of waves hitting into each other further out in deeper waters. Its amazing the number of colors the sea can display in one day. From dark grey, to dirty green, to turquoise, to cyan and to dark blue and finally black. The unique reflections from all kinds of light sources certainly make for a poster piece of art.



The perspectives of man man constructions do look different when viewed from a seldom seen perspective. Not to mention how amazing it feels to see the blue of the sky and the blue of the sea meet at the horizon in the exact same shade and hue of color. Such that no one can distinguish where the water ends and the sky begins. And finally, all manner of ships and boats engaging in their daily activities.



Boats that are no larger than a few meters in length all the way to Super Tankers, Bulk Carriers, Very Large Crude Carriers and even Aircraft Carriers. Sometimes I just wonder how man himself actually has all the expertise to create such massive floating cities where thousands of people spend many months or even years of their lives upon. Technology can be just so startling it gives this sense of awe and wonder soemtimes.

And last but not least. Something that I promised myself to show to as many people as possible. The sight of a sun setting on the sea. A sunset is indeed something to behold. It looks great on the land, at the same time, it looks even better out at sea. Thank God I get to enjoy something like that every 4 days or so on average, if the weather permits.



Even though it is tiring to be out at sea for an extended period of time on a regular basis, and that the waters have been rather unkind ot me the past few days or so to the extent that I got mildly seasick, I guess I am more than "compensated" by means of the simple wonders of nature and the complex wonders of mankind's technology.

Till my lens returns to the sea for another sunset, I'll just take each day on duty one at a time, ever looking forward to that expectant ORD date. And then I'll leave the simple pleasures of the sea for the rough and tumble world of politics, philosophy, economics, management and spirituality.

Let us all just enjoy the simple passing pleasures of life in the short juncture of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home