Crazy Reflections
Somehow or other, I survived my last night of station duty with barely a hint of an hour of sleep. And incredibly even after reaching home, I still have the energy to log on to my computer to blog nonsensical gibberish simply because my mind so desires its daily dosage of an "outlet". Lucky me has been hooked onto the blogging bandwagon ever since.
Ok, well I'm glad that Mr Mojo Jojo himself has a blog to display his own oddities and eccentricities. I just enjoy reading blogs that have pictures, or plenty of pictures for the matter in them. It brings out the subject content and "real-lizes" visually. For the disinformation of the galaxy, Mojo Jojo himself is in the Police Special Operations Command K9 Unit. K9 as in "Canine". The dog unit. His work scope is rather interesting, since he is technically the first line of defence against drug trafficking, smuggling and security at our borders. We're both sergeants, so the money's good. Not as good as army officers, but definitely better than police clerks...
And for the better knowledge of the galaxy, the term "REAL-lise" was used by my former F-Maths lecturer and tutor, the legendary Lim See Poi, to convey how a complex number multiplied by its conjugate would end result in a "real number" in mathematical terms. Hence "REAL-lise". Some sort of mathematical nirvana for any complex number unfortunate enough to end up as a denominator. T-Squared always laughed at the "See Poi" part of my lecturer's name as it triggered history flashbacks of the Sepoy Mutiny against the British in the 40s. My goodness, the nonsense I learn in school.
I notice too that Mojo Jojo is linked to Mildred. Some AC girl that I've always seen in the old canteen somehow, someplace, somewhere, but never actually got the chance to even say a "hi" too. She's one of the girls in the New Paper article about the Western Born Chinese women in Singapore. And supposedly how singaporean men find them more "exotic". Urgh, can't we just stick to character? Like my GP teacher once told me, "The new paper is a crap paper". Much correlated in them printing "we're singapore's no.1 tabloid" on the cover of every issue.
I vaguely recall that the arts classes back in ACJC would normally take the same tables each time, whether if it was early in the morning, during recess, lunch or after school or during self study before the A's. I guess one reason why I could see so many arts people in their cool cliches was that my class' "chosen tables" lay in between the Arts Humanities (2AH) and the Geog arts classes (2AAs). Of course, its quite odd to find our class smack in the dividing line between two arts classes, but I guess we were there cos all the other good tables were already taken up by the other classes and we wanted to sit at the "cooler end". It was good except when it rained.

This was a shot of the chinook flypast with the National Flag for the full dress NDP rehearsal that I snapped on Sunday. I guess it looks a lot more impressive than just just using the old helicopters to escort the flag. Then again, I concede that most people go for the NDP only for the goodie bags and free torchlight. I'll be happy just to photograph the fireworks display on August 9th.
One thing I really love about Singapore is the food. Like being up till 5 in the morning at yesterday's night shift duty. It was heavenly to actually find a place open selling decent cheese prata at 4 plus in the morning. Food tastes great when I'm hungry. But it tastes even better when I'm hungry at 4 in the morning. The other food that I take great pleasure in besides deep fried chicken wings and kway chap would definitely be duck rice. Eating chese prata at 4.30 in the morning topped off with fish curry is a great way to end all my station duties in simple celebration.
I return to the sea on thursday. And this time, I'll share with everyone how beautiful a sunset on the sea really is. In the meantime, its just about nine and a half months away before I ORD. I guess within that two short months of free time I'll do some volunteer work with the Focus on the Family Singapore as well as serve more actively in church and if God wills, head overseas on a missions trip to help our church missionaries who are out in full force to spread the gospel overseas.
And the other thing I love about Singapore? Religious freedom. Except perhaps if you're a Jehovah's Witness.
Somehow or other, I survived my last night of station duty with barely a hint of an hour of sleep. And incredibly even after reaching home, I still have the energy to log on to my computer to blog nonsensical gibberish simply because my mind so desires its daily dosage of an "outlet". Lucky me has been hooked onto the blogging bandwagon ever since.
Ok, well I'm glad that Mr Mojo Jojo himself has a blog to display his own oddities and eccentricities. I just enjoy reading blogs that have pictures, or plenty of pictures for the matter in them. It brings out the subject content and "real-lizes" visually. For the disinformation of the galaxy, Mojo Jojo himself is in the Police Special Operations Command K9 Unit. K9 as in "Canine". The dog unit. His work scope is rather interesting, since he is technically the first line of defence against drug trafficking, smuggling and security at our borders. We're both sergeants, so the money's good. Not as good as army officers, but definitely better than police clerks...
And for the better knowledge of the galaxy, the term "REAL-lise" was used by my former F-Maths lecturer and tutor, the legendary Lim See Poi, to convey how a complex number multiplied by its conjugate would end result in a "real number" in mathematical terms. Hence "REAL-lise". Some sort of mathematical nirvana for any complex number unfortunate enough to end up as a denominator. T-Squared always laughed at the "See Poi" part of my lecturer's name as it triggered history flashbacks of the Sepoy Mutiny against the British in the 40s. My goodness, the nonsense I learn in school.
I notice too that Mojo Jojo is linked to Mildred. Some AC girl that I've always seen in the old canteen somehow, someplace, somewhere, but never actually got the chance to even say a "hi" too. She's one of the girls in the New Paper article about the Western Born Chinese women in Singapore. And supposedly how singaporean men find them more "exotic". Urgh, can't we just stick to character? Like my GP teacher once told me, "The new paper is a crap paper". Much correlated in them printing "we're singapore's no.1 tabloid" on the cover of every issue.
I vaguely recall that the arts classes back in ACJC would normally take the same tables each time, whether if it was early in the morning, during recess, lunch or after school or during self study before the A's. I guess one reason why I could see so many arts people in their cool cliches was that my class' "chosen tables" lay in between the Arts Humanities (2AH) and the Geog arts classes (2AAs). Of course, its quite odd to find our class smack in the dividing line between two arts classes, but I guess we were there cos all the other good tables were already taken up by the other classes and we wanted to sit at the "cooler end". It was good except when it rained.

This was a shot of the chinook flypast with the National Flag for the full dress NDP rehearsal that I snapped on Sunday. I guess it looks a lot more impressive than just just using the old helicopters to escort the flag. Then again, I concede that most people go for the NDP only for the goodie bags and free torchlight. I'll be happy just to photograph the fireworks display on August 9th.
One thing I really love about Singapore is the food. Like being up till 5 in the morning at yesterday's night shift duty. It was heavenly to actually find a place open selling decent cheese prata at 4 plus in the morning. Food tastes great when I'm hungry. But it tastes even better when I'm hungry at 4 in the morning. The other food that I take great pleasure in besides deep fried chicken wings and kway chap would definitely be duck rice. Eating chese prata at 4.30 in the morning topped off with fish curry is a great way to end all my station duties in simple celebration.
I return to the sea on thursday. And this time, I'll share with everyone how beautiful a sunset on the sea really is. In the meantime, its just about nine and a half months away before I ORD. I guess within that two short months of free time I'll do some volunteer work with the Focus on the Family Singapore as well as serve more actively in church and if God wills, head overseas on a missions trip to help our church missionaries who are out in full force to spread the gospel overseas.
And the other thing I love about Singapore? Religious freedom. Except perhaps if you're a Jehovah's Witness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home