Saturday, June 19

I hope to become a freelance professional photographer one day. Even though for the fact that I know that I do not measure up to the creativity and photographic abilities of the real pros. I'm very happy just to be a back up wedding photographer, or maybe just run a cheap/free studio where I'll take photos of anyone who wants dirt cheap studio photos. I'll do it all for fun, and not for the money, since its something that I'm rather passionate about, something that I believe in and something worth spending my time upon.

I realise that there really isn't much support from most of the people I know. My classmates have laughed at my photographic abilities. Sigh, one of my good friends in class has bluntly said to me that my camera is in the wrong hands. My dad thinks its a waste of money and time and my mum finds it silly that I wander around just to take random shots of what I feel to be "tasteful" and "artistic". The only few people that have ever been continually supportive of what I do are my few friends from church. They keep encouraging me and help me by finding opportunities for me to take photos and to brush up on my abilities. Maybe that's a balance that I'll have to work with.

I really hope that somehow, someway, sometime in the nearer rather than further future, I'll actually be able to discover something that I'm actually good at, and I'm not part of the bottom of the heap of the whole group. Most of my friends have found their talents, either in academics, sports, hobbies or other. But I have yet to find mine. Its really depressing to be lousy at every single thing that I have attempted so far. Still wondering just what talents and abilites that God is supposed to have given to me.

Anyway, I guess that my "portfolio" is more or less done already. So here's my collection of photographs taken by me. [View]. I hope that I can get at least a 100 000 page views for my photos. It'll be a starting step to convince myself that I'm not pouring time and money into a black hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home