Silenced Heart?
I think that everyone should listen to RadioHead's album HAIL TO THE THIEF. It is very good stuff. I conceed that the music that Radiohead plays is more towards the depressing and sad kind filled with angst of all kinds. At the same time, its not too loud that it becomes like garbled heavy metal. Funny how I can listen to it for the whole day and never get sick of the songs, the melancholic tunes somehow put me at ease.
Its quite interesting to note that for the good majority of my friends, they point out to me that I'm quite a negative as well as pessimistic person. But then again, I can be so optimistic when evaluating the lives of other people who somehow or other ask me for a personal opinion on a decision for them to take. Like someone once quoted to me, "I seem to be able to help others with their problems, but I can't even help myself" as well as, "If only I myself follow the advice I give to others, I wouldn't be like this today".
Maybe friends and the people around us are like mirrors in which we can see the reflection of ourselves in their eyes in a much clearer perspective and manner. Then again, I guess depending on the groups of people as well as the degrees of friendship that everyone comes across in their lives, inevitably it seems that everyone becomes too politically correct one way or another.
Think of a birthday party. I realise the number one thing that is often asked after a person is being invited to some "AC party or other" will be, "whose going". It is almost like the invited people are bracing themselves for whom to expect and to what degree of themselves they will be willing to share with others. Perhaps also to avoid conflict of sorts. When I think about it, the person that I am in front of my classmates is different from the person that I am in front of those people in Church and definitely apart from the person I am at home.
So when all three "vector spaces" clash and collide together, it almost feels like a war of worlds where the various groups of people that I know are diametrically opposed to each other. We are divided by everything from race, language, religion, wealth and all kinds of oddities that it is sometimes really difficult to find a common ground. Nowonder at parties all I see is that the cliches of people with similar thoughts and idealism tend to bunch together in an exclusive clique for their own personal enjoyment of sorts.
Then again, as we know the people around us, we almost always form certain assumptions as well as incorporate personal stereotypes into the memory of that particular person. It goes against the mathematical logic of "unless so and so is proven wrong, then I am correct". So thus it comes that people of certain wealth class, of a certain race and ethnicity as well as relgious outlook are automatically condemned or slammed even before the first shot is fired in a "probable war of words".
I guess these personal stereotypes can also lead up to organisations. That's why we have things called 'brands'. Branding is seriously no other than an advertised stereotype impression of a particular organisation that has come to be accepted by the majority. So when we think "Timberland Shoes". Automatically we recall attributes like "Quality, durable, long lasting, rugged, tough, waterproof". And when we recall different organisations with different meanings to them. Think "Commandos" and now we think "the place where someone was drowned". Think "Louis Vuitton" and fashion, class, prestige and deep pockets come to mind.
So maybe it is wiser to be more conscious of the way our own personal stereotypes influence our thinking as well as intepretation of events that we come across in our life. Same applies to groups of people that we meet. It is not wise to condemn any particular group of people until we fully understand them, know where they are coming from and have done our best to see from their perspective and logic sense. Funny how come we fight wars over the silliest of reasons.
Then again, maybe all of such interpretations that automatically run through our head are also determinded by our personality. I truly envy people who have two skills. The Art of Being Friendly. And The Art of Giving. Simply because those people who can bring forth themselves to be sincere and true friends just by a single chance encounter, such are rare ones indeed. Although I have had the priviledge to know a few of these people in my life, what amazes me is their continued patience, constant cheerful smiles and accurate corresponding body language. Hard to get such people in life. No?
And for those people who can excel at giving. Giving to the point that it hurts and yet being able to humble oneself to smile sincerely and to sacrifice for the sake and welfare of others. That's also another rare character attribute on this planet. I guess besides my parents, then there are only two persons that I have met in my life that fufil that definition. How does one have this ability to step away from all the materialism of this world and simply give with a pure heart of sincerity? I don't know. It really beats me.
And yes, after numerous personality tests, personality disorder tests as well as numerous mind test and iq tests. All of whom I have never posted up the results on my blog. More or less all of them correspond to the same thing - That I am a rather bright individual who has multiple personality disorders. Hahahaha. Now I'm laughing at myself. Hey, I guess my classmates should know this first hand, because they have been tolerating all my nonsense for two consecutive years back in jc.
I'm not really smart as in the academics kind that focus on a core of a few subjects. I'm no genius in any arts of science discipline, nor am I good in a single sport. I can't even find a single hobby of mine that I actually excel in! Then again, that's who I really am. I can relate to a vast breadth of study material and not get lost in all the mire. I have done so many hobbies until my passion has run dry that I've actually lost count. Not that I want to boast, but perhaps just to comfort myself in the fact that despite being a master of nothing, at least I can touch and handle a little of everything.
Then again when I look up my personality disorders. I am strongly recommended to head for mental counselling at the IMH (Institute of Mental Health). My thinking process is all warped up, which probably explains the way which I write. It goes from one end to another end to another without barely a hint of proper connections. I don't know how accurate such tests are, but if so many of them seem to correlate with each other, then maybe I'm better off looking of a place to rebuild proper sanity and to just straighten out my personal thoughts, instead of it being so jumbled up.
The only concluding thing that I know for sure is that I'm generally a pessimistic person. I tend to focus on the negative in life. Perhaps that's why despite most of the photographs I shoot by default have this sad aura or depressing hint in each of them. When I browse through all the photos that I have ever shot, hardly any offers a scant brief of happy emotions. Oh well, maybe I'm just here with this kind of personality to be a buffer zone to all those with really positive personalities.

I just took this shot earlier today. Climbed onto Nicoll Highway just to snap it. Somehow, it has a tinge of sadness as well. I mean, people loss their lives at the construction site at the centre of the photograph. Plus the empty and deserted road does convey a sense of loneliness and personal depression. And the straight road at runs to the centre? Maybe it hints of the way most of us live our lives - merely existing in a predicted fashion all the way to the end. The crans representing the way we try to fix our lives. But never succeed.
And then again. I also took this picture today. If all the positve people measure up like the big cup of iced tea. Then I probably am the small one standing in dwarfed comparison to the aims and aspirations of others, just to give others a 'better idea of how things really are'. Its just me I guess. And I second guess myself most of the time.

I think that everyone should listen to RadioHead's album HAIL TO THE THIEF. It is very good stuff. I conceed that the music that Radiohead plays is more towards the depressing and sad kind filled with angst of all kinds. At the same time, its not too loud that it becomes like garbled heavy metal. Funny how I can listen to it for the whole day and never get sick of the songs, the melancholic tunes somehow put me at ease.
Its quite interesting to note that for the good majority of my friends, they point out to me that I'm quite a negative as well as pessimistic person. But then again, I can be so optimistic when evaluating the lives of other people who somehow or other ask me for a personal opinion on a decision for them to take. Like someone once quoted to me, "I seem to be able to help others with their problems, but I can't even help myself" as well as, "If only I myself follow the advice I give to others, I wouldn't be like this today".
Maybe friends and the people around us are like mirrors in which we can see the reflection of ourselves in their eyes in a much clearer perspective and manner. Then again, I guess depending on the groups of people as well as the degrees of friendship that everyone comes across in their lives, inevitably it seems that everyone becomes too politically correct one way or another.
Think of a birthday party. I realise the number one thing that is often asked after a person is being invited to some "AC party or other" will be, "whose going". It is almost like the invited people are bracing themselves for whom to expect and to what degree of themselves they will be willing to share with others. Perhaps also to avoid conflict of sorts. When I think about it, the person that I am in front of my classmates is different from the person that I am in front of those people in Church and definitely apart from the person I am at home.
So when all three "vector spaces" clash and collide together, it almost feels like a war of worlds where the various groups of people that I know are diametrically opposed to each other. We are divided by everything from race, language, religion, wealth and all kinds of oddities that it is sometimes really difficult to find a common ground. Nowonder at parties all I see is that the cliches of people with similar thoughts and idealism tend to bunch together in an exclusive clique for their own personal enjoyment of sorts.
Then again, as we know the people around us, we almost always form certain assumptions as well as incorporate personal stereotypes into the memory of that particular person. It goes against the mathematical logic of "unless so and so is proven wrong, then I am correct". So thus it comes that people of certain wealth class, of a certain race and ethnicity as well as relgious outlook are automatically condemned or slammed even before the first shot is fired in a "probable war of words".
I guess these personal stereotypes can also lead up to organisations. That's why we have things called 'brands'. Branding is seriously no other than an advertised stereotype impression of a particular organisation that has come to be accepted by the majority. So when we think "Timberland Shoes". Automatically we recall attributes like "Quality, durable, long lasting, rugged, tough, waterproof". And when we recall different organisations with different meanings to them. Think "Commandos" and now we think "the place where someone was drowned". Think "Louis Vuitton" and fashion, class, prestige and deep pockets come to mind.
So maybe it is wiser to be more conscious of the way our own personal stereotypes influence our thinking as well as intepretation of events that we come across in our life. Same applies to groups of people that we meet. It is not wise to condemn any particular group of people until we fully understand them, know where they are coming from and have done our best to see from their perspective and logic sense. Funny how come we fight wars over the silliest of reasons.
Then again, maybe all of such interpretations that automatically run through our head are also determinded by our personality. I truly envy people who have two skills. The Art of Being Friendly. And The Art of Giving. Simply because those people who can bring forth themselves to be sincere and true friends just by a single chance encounter, such are rare ones indeed. Although I have had the priviledge to know a few of these people in my life, what amazes me is their continued patience, constant cheerful smiles and accurate corresponding body language. Hard to get such people in life. No?
And for those people who can excel at giving. Giving to the point that it hurts and yet being able to humble oneself to smile sincerely and to sacrifice for the sake and welfare of others. That's also another rare character attribute on this planet. I guess besides my parents, then there are only two persons that I have met in my life that fufil that definition. How does one have this ability to step away from all the materialism of this world and simply give with a pure heart of sincerity? I don't know. It really beats me.
And yes, after numerous personality tests, personality disorder tests as well as numerous mind test and iq tests. All of whom I have never posted up the results on my blog. More or less all of them correspond to the same thing - That I am a rather bright individual who has multiple personality disorders. Hahahaha. Now I'm laughing at myself. Hey, I guess my classmates should know this first hand, because they have been tolerating all my nonsense for two consecutive years back in jc.
I'm not really smart as in the academics kind that focus on a core of a few subjects. I'm no genius in any arts of science discipline, nor am I good in a single sport. I can't even find a single hobby of mine that I actually excel in! Then again, that's who I really am. I can relate to a vast breadth of study material and not get lost in all the mire. I have done so many hobbies until my passion has run dry that I've actually lost count. Not that I want to boast, but perhaps just to comfort myself in the fact that despite being a master of nothing, at least I can touch and handle a little of everything.
Then again when I look up my personality disorders. I am strongly recommended to head for mental counselling at the IMH (Institute of Mental Health). My thinking process is all warped up, which probably explains the way which I write. It goes from one end to another end to another without barely a hint of proper connections. I don't know how accurate such tests are, but if so many of them seem to correlate with each other, then maybe I'm better off looking of a place to rebuild proper sanity and to just straighten out my personal thoughts, instead of it being so jumbled up.
The only concluding thing that I know for sure is that I'm generally a pessimistic person. I tend to focus on the negative in life. Perhaps that's why despite most of the photographs I shoot by default have this sad aura or depressing hint in each of them. When I browse through all the photos that I have ever shot, hardly any offers a scant brief of happy emotions. Oh well, maybe I'm just here with this kind of personality to be a buffer zone to all those with really positive personalities.

I just took this shot earlier today. Climbed onto Nicoll Highway just to snap it. Somehow, it has a tinge of sadness as well. I mean, people loss their lives at the construction site at the centre of the photograph. Plus the empty and deserted road does convey a sense of loneliness and personal depression. And the straight road at runs to the centre? Maybe it hints of the way most of us live our lives - merely existing in a predicted fashion all the way to the end. The crans representing the way we try to fix our lives. But never succeed.
And then again. I also took this picture today. If all the positve people measure up like the big cup of iced tea. Then I probably am the small one standing in dwarfed comparison to the aims and aspirations of others, just to give others a 'better idea of how things really are'. Its just me I guess. And I second guess myself most of the time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home