Saturday, May 22

Favourite Shot

I don't know why, as I scroll through all the photos I snapped at yesterday's class gathering (or party), this is probably the only shot that keeps sticking out for my section of black and white photos. I guess I happened to be at the right place at the right time with my camera in my face.

And like I said before, black and white photos have this ability to bring forth the emotions and capture the feelings of persons in a picture. When we're not too busy appreciating the colors like every other photo, we tend to look for something at the deeper level.

This photo was originally color, I converted it to black and white. I don't know, it just stands out whenever I compare all the thumbnails at the same time. She's my class girl and she's really really nice!

Now I feel like purchasing a used Nikon F2 and using it exclusively to shoot black and white films. At the same time, i feel like getting a Leica M6 or M7 to get "in touch" with my "grandfather's generation" when SLRs didn't exist and rangefinders were the norm of the day.

Ah. The laughter. The happiness. And the joy. I shall call this photo "Expressions". I edited it to give the feeling of the photo being shot with one of those vintage cameras using old silver iodide black and white film. It gives this very nice "grainy effect" with all the little dots here and there - typical of old black and white photos being scanned into a computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home