Coming back to some original ACJC stuff:
I realise after intense discussions on the various AC blogs and forums on the net, it is indeed true that our Miss Singapore-Universe Sandy Chua was indeed an AC girl. The thing is that as far as I'm concerned, one of my classmates was really crazy over her during the post 1st three months "let's join Air-Rifle" period. What I would like to say is that on TV and in the newspapers, she looks totally different from the way from what I can recollect in my days back in ACJC.
I still remember a time when I was slacking, skipping econs class outside EL 6 and my classmate who was crazy about her was standing next to me. Very nicely, Sandy and her best friend just walked in front of us out of school! Woah! For starters, my classmate was just looking at her all the way. For me? I was "camping" around setting my "scope" on her best friend. Looks is indeed very subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hey, I honestly think that her best friend is prettier! Oh, just that she's now attached to an old Barker classmate of mine. How sad.
"Like I told you and told you before! Girls are like parking lots and guys are like cars! The good cars park in the best parking lots! The good ones are all taken up already!" - Han
"Eh tell you, don't play with fire, the best way to avoid all this boy girl nonsense conflict crap is to simply follow two rules. One, don't break up a couple for the girl. Two, don't date your friend's ex-girlfriend. What's the point of gaining an unstable union while losing an already good friendship? Not worth it right brother?" - Ivan
Amazingly, at this point in time, this particular classmate of mine actually knew her "Christian name". Just a convienient abbrevation for an English Name because if I'm not wrong she's not one. Ironically, I heard him mention it as "Sandra" and not "Sandy". While I was on course last week, I bumped into a number of former ACJC students in Police who confirmed to me that the so-called "sandra" or "sandy" was really the air pistol champion for our year.
And with regards to her height. She's tall man! Considering that I'm of average height, short by AC standards, she wears her boing boings and she's like taller than me! Okay, so I was wearing cheapo Nee-Kei (Nike) shoes for the earlier part of my JC life. What I agree with most people is that taller girls seem to come "at a premium" nowadays. Height disparity cannot be explained mathematically in our generations case however it can be attributed for the need to stay slim and thin.
"You don't eat, diet and diet until you're so thin and skinny and that you weigh like 40 plus kgs only. Then you complain that you're too short! You never eat how you expect to grow tall? You should eat first, gain the height, then lose the weight!" - Timothy
Well at least we have an AC girl to represent the republic for Miss Universe later this year. Que Sas Cyrano de Bergerac. Not too bad! We should list her in the school website on the "list of achievements"! Beauty paegeants are a very subjective thing, perhaps they only exist so that old chee-ko-peks can ogle over the girls' bodies in kopitiams with televisions whilst drinking their kopi.
I believe one reason that makes ACS so well known for its standard of education, despite the academic rankings showing otherwise is that it develops people to be critical thinkers having breadth and depth especially in the area of topics totoally unrelated to the school syllabus. Besides, as my experience in another first three months JC shows, people in ACJC are more than willing to speak up and to share their opinion on politics, philosophy, ethics and so on.
Seems like amongst the JCs, ACJC studies the least and usually manages to get passable grades for Local and Overseas Universities. Hardly study and still ranked around 7th or 8th position. Not too bad I'd say.
One definite thing about ACJC - we slack so much. Hardly ever study, fail all the tests we take and laugh it off in one big group, skip school and lectures all the time, take silly pictures in our uniform, talking cock, behave like rich-men's sons and thumb our noses up at the Rare-FLEA-Sians. Ok, at least that was my experience in ACJC. Like as much as I wish every ACSian that I've known the best in their careers, life and charater ahead, one thing's for sure and that's The Best is Yet to Be.
And for all the inspiring people I've met in school with their little wise tidbits of wisdom of 17 and 18 year olds. Its been wonderful.
"You know something, everytime I go home, no matter at what time, I almost always see an AC Boy or AC Girl somewhere. I never see a single raffles guy like they're all at home mugging like that" - Adey (She lives in the heart of Orchard Road)
I realise after intense discussions on the various AC blogs and forums on the net, it is indeed true that our Miss Singapore-Universe Sandy Chua was indeed an AC girl. The thing is that as far as I'm concerned, one of my classmates was really crazy over her during the post 1st three months "let's join Air-Rifle" period. What I would like to say is that on TV and in the newspapers, she looks totally different from the way from what I can recollect in my days back in ACJC.
I still remember a time when I was slacking, skipping econs class outside EL 6 and my classmate who was crazy about her was standing next to me. Very nicely, Sandy and her best friend just walked in front of us out of school! Woah! For starters, my classmate was just looking at her all the way. For me? I was "camping" around setting my "scope" on her best friend. Looks is indeed very subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hey, I honestly think that her best friend is prettier! Oh, just that she's now attached to an old Barker classmate of mine. How sad.
"Like I told you and told you before! Girls are like parking lots and guys are like cars! The good cars park in the best parking lots! The good ones are all taken up already!" - Han
"Eh tell you, don't play with fire, the best way to avoid all this boy girl nonsense conflict crap is to simply follow two rules. One, don't break up a couple for the girl. Two, don't date your friend's ex-girlfriend. What's the point of gaining an unstable union while losing an already good friendship? Not worth it right brother?" - Ivan
Amazingly, at this point in time, this particular classmate of mine actually knew her "Christian name". Just a convienient abbrevation for an English Name because if I'm not wrong she's not one. Ironically, I heard him mention it as "Sandra" and not "Sandy". While I was on course last week, I bumped into a number of former ACJC students in Police who confirmed to me that the so-called "sandra" or "sandy" was really the air pistol champion for our year.
And with regards to her height. She's tall man! Considering that I'm of average height, short by AC standards, she wears her boing boings and she's like taller than me! Okay, so I was wearing cheapo Nee-Kei (Nike) shoes for the earlier part of my JC life. What I agree with most people is that taller girls seem to come "at a premium" nowadays. Height disparity cannot be explained mathematically in our generations case however it can be attributed for the need to stay slim and thin.
"You don't eat, diet and diet until you're so thin and skinny and that you weigh like 40 plus kgs only. Then you complain that you're too short! You never eat how you expect to grow tall? You should eat first, gain the height, then lose the weight!" - Timothy
Well at least we have an AC girl to represent the republic for Miss Universe later this year. Que Sas Cyrano de Bergerac. Not too bad! We should list her in the school website on the "list of achievements"! Beauty paegeants are a very subjective thing, perhaps they only exist so that old chee-ko-peks can ogle over the girls' bodies in kopitiams with televisions whilst drinking their kopi.
I believe one reason that makes ACS so well known for its standard of education, despite the academic rankings showing otherwise is that it develops people to be critical thinkers having breadth and depth especially in the area of topics totoally unrelated to the school syllabus. Besides, as my experience in another first three months JC shows, people in ACJC are more than willing to speak up and to share their opinion on politics, philosophy, ethics and so on.
Seems like amongst the JCs, ACJC studies the least and usually manages to get passable grades for Local and Overseas Universities. Hardly study and still ranked around 7th or 8th position. Not too bad I'd say.
One definite thing about ACJC - we slack so much. Hardly ever study, fail all the tests we take and laugh it off in one big group, skip school and lectures all the time, take silly pictures in our uniform, talking cock, behave like rich-men's sons and thumb our noses up at the Rare-FLEA-Sians. Ok, at least that was my experience in ACJC. Like as much as I wish every ACSian that I've known the best in their careers, life and charater ahead, one thing's for sure and that's The Best is Yet to Be.
And for all the inspiring people I've met in school with their little wise tidbits of wisdom of 17 and 18 year olds. Its been wonderful.
"You know something, everytime I go home, no matter at what time, I almost always see an AC Boy or AC Girl somewhere. I never see a single raffles guy like they're all at home mugging like that" - Adey (She lives in the heart of Orchard Road)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home