Thursday, May 29

A very long day with many events, comments and gripes - Don't read if you don't have the time, the train of thought is necessary, I believe. Just one of "those days"

I managed to wake up at 5.30 on the dot today. Why? I was having a very pleasant dream when I heard the alarm clock tune on my handphone ring. "So fast?" I can't believe my 5 hours worth of sleep feels like an hour or two at the most. When I woke up, my body was physically ready, but my mind was tired.

I took a cold shower this morning. Its like the 2nd time this year I actually got down to taking a cold shower first thing in the morning. It feels great! Surprisingly, the water, thought its supposed to be icy cold, actually feels warm on the skin! Hence, its not necessary to turn on the heater for any morning shower, besides, it wakes me up and helps me feel so clean and fresh indeed. What Dad and Mr Kadir said was true, a cold morning shower works wonders. From now on I'll keep trying to take a cold morning shower. I love the feeling.

Managed to complete reading the papers. Found one part particularly interesting: RJC beats TJC in badminton and VJC beats TJC? I'm not so sure because i did not really check it out, only two names in the article stood out: Melissa Claire-Soegeng and Wy-Lene Yap. My goodness. So the legendary Melissa in the papers, heard alot about her since secondary school. And Wy-Lene, I used to talk to her on IRC! but that was almost 5 years ago. I still have those forwarded emails she sent to me 5 years ago! Argh, I'm just being sentimental.

The next few days will be at Kallang Regional Base. Today was no exception. Dad drove me there and I arrived at 7.10 - the earliest ever. Nothing wrong as there's usually people even earlier than me, even though the work days starts only at about 8.15 a.m sharp officially. I had breakfast and chatted with the guys from the other squad, who were having their attachment with the Singapore Civil Defence Force at the SCDF Academy today. SSgt Thomas was rostered to drive them to Jalan Bahar. Funny thing is that when he was supposed to leave at 7.30 sharp, he was eating mee goreng next to me at 7.26.

Well, I have to admit, I've been very evil as of late. I always play practical jokes on Edmund, along with the rest of the guys. Two days ago after lunch, Edmund sat at my table and left his beret on my table. Instead of returning it, Nico suggested that we keep it in my drawer to get Edmund into trouble. Its like everyone wants to get even with him for being so slack and rude at times. So I followed Nico's idea.

When I was QM yesterday, Edmund did not fall in with squad in the morning citing reasons that he had "lost his beret". SSSgt Willie didn't mind his absence (He's retiring in 2 weeks time, so obviously he's slack!). OC wasn't there either, so Edmund didn't get scolded. But well today, OC WAS there, and Edmund was just scolded upside down. All the guys were quietly smirking and laughing under their breath. I can understand how they feel, because Edmund slacks all the time, doesn't do any work. Always comes late, last to move his hands to do work shoddily and always the first to leave. I can't blame them. I learnt in NS that guys hate others who Chao Keng. To a certain extent, I'd agree as he is not living up to "my expectations" of "contributing to the workload".

As half the squad was supposed to have a sortie (an attachment during working hours) today, OC asked those who had sortie to report at the LT. My sortie's tomorrow, so like the rest, I went back to the classroom. We met our other weapons training instructor, SSgt Zulkilfi, he too was supposed to take us to the weapons handling test today. I have to admit that he's a rather cool teacher, albeit crude in his language with a great number of sexual connotations sprinkled in his speech. He just went through the M16 theory all over again, a revision from yesterday's work. Most of the time he was just joking, but he did teach us seriously and helped us to understand the various shooting positions better. I can learnt much from him and he's not boring, which is something I desire in a teacher/instructor.

SSgt Zulklifi tested us one by one on our stability and balance by putting a ten cent coin on the flash suppressor of the M16 and to see if the coin fell when we engaged the trigger - indicating that we anticipate the recoil and jerk. My coin didn't fall (thankfully!) and there were mummurings of "commando, commando" everywhere in class. Everyone know I want to join the commandos, so in a sense, they kindly support me in this way "emotionally", although they always joke about it, they also use it to encourage me when running. Haha, my squad guys are just so interesting in a way indeed.

SSgt Zulkilfi gave us a break, where most of us went to the Kallang canteen, which sells much better food, but at a much higher price. What would cost me 1 dollar at Brani will cost me 2.50 here. Easy to blow my budget of 3 bucks a day (I'm damn poor!). But well, at least the food is good, almost hawker center standard. I eat my food really quickly, so fast that when I finish eating, other people are just starting their meal. I read somewhere that people who eat voraciously are emotionally deprived. I think I'm deprived of love. No no, not as in agape (that one everyone has a constant amount), but more of eros. Sounds so sinful! I still feel that it isn't necessary to have a girl in my life to satisfy me emotionally. Besides, its not as though having no girlfriend is like the end of the world. In a sense, I feel that it is better not to marry.

Later in class, before lunch, Edmund was once again punished by being made to hold the M16 "overhead". Its really painful. Even T square tells me that having a rifle overhead is like being tortured. I agree. Keeping my hands raised during worship at church is hard enough, how then with a rifle? In addition to holding the rifle, Edmund was also made to say "yo" once every five seconds:

SSGT: "Eh Chao Keng! WHERE'S the YO?"
EDMUND; "Er, coming up sir, yo"
Class: *Laughter*

The other half of the squad that was supposed to be on sortie came back to join the rest in class as there were still no boats available. Yup, the COMMAND SHIP was in use. SSgt Zulkilfi then asked us each to try the proning position. A physically very tiring position on the arms, but probably the most stable and the safest position. We had a whale of a time seeing people lower themselves wrongly on the floor, smacking their faces on the ground and the like.

When it was my turn, It managed to do it well. Even when a ten cent coin was placed on my flash suppressor, the coin managed to stay balanced. Cheers of "commando" were once again heard. I was quite happy indeed that my aiming was rather good. But my back hurt so badly after I got up! I had over stressed the muscles that I have hardly used, lest trained in my life... for a while, I was stuck in a chair stooped downwards, reaching for my feet, in order to stretch the fatigued muscles.

Our squad was given many breaks by SSgt Zulkilfi, in between, I practised Guard-of-Honour Rifle Drills, such as "Russo, Sanja hah!" and "hormat Sejata". Not easy, needed help from both Rahmat and Eric to correct my mistakes and to learn some fancy drills from Poh Yong. And I'll be holding a rifle at my passing out parade, die man, I'll end up stuck doing so much much-hated drills again.

Lunch was really bad. Because i did not even eat it. The reason - the was no cutlery. I'm serius, I think the packers at Tracom forgot that one package was going to Jalan Behar and another to Kallang and thus packed all the cutlery in one bag and sent them to the SCDF Academy. The food was wasted and ended up being thrown away, with the exception of desserts - sliced watermelon. It was good that I had eaten something heavy at the canteen earlier.

The guys were talking about "playing candle" and "ropes" during the next to nothing lunch where I only ate fruits. Of course i know what they are talking about, but as usual, I just act like I don't know a thing and get them to explain it to me. I'm great at looking dumb. Wei Loong says that I don't look like policeman, more of a businessmen. I think he meant to say "loser" or "innocent bastard", just made it more platable for me to swallow.

the weapons handling test was in the afternoon. I did not get tested by SSgt Zulkilfi as expected, but by some other other who seems to know ALOT about rifles. I made several stupid mistakes during the test. Won't fail for sure, but I certainly won't get full marks. Nonetheless, it was fun. SSgt later forgot to test two of the regulars and we were treated with Adrian's weapons handling test "live". He performed it perfectly, so well in fact that we gave him a round of applause. He probably got full marks for the test. Understandably, he's a regular and he's expected to perform better than the NS guys.

SSgt Zulkilfi told us to change into our PT Kit (physical training attire) and prepare for exercise at 4.15, he did give us an hour's rest. But many people did not bring their attires, either genuinely or purposely, some even lied to make it convincing enough for him to cancel. physical training. It ends up the guys start talking about downloading internet pornography. One of the regulars was telling me that pornography was not sinful, citing reasons that we'd all have to "do it sooner or later" and that its only "normal" and "natural".

Of course it is sinful! I don't need a bible scholar to tell me that! But of course, not wanting to counter, I just saw things and commented on it from his perspective. Before we knew it, we were allowed to go home. OC gave Edmund his beret on the condition that Edmund never came late again and never ever reported sick throughout the whole course, doing so, the beret would have to be returned to OC.

Perhaps I'll quietly leave Edmund's beret in his drawer on monday or something. Heh. I AM so EVIL!

I missed the 16 bus to orchard/city hall. It was a terrible mistake. Even though i ran like a commando, at my top speed, I still missed it by a few seconds. Prior to this, I spent one minute in the toilet. That one minute cost me one hour of my time. I waited for the next 16, it was PACKED, the next one was also PACKED! I had wasted 30 minutes waiting for the STUPID STUPID STUPID CURSED BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to have my time wasted! I absolutely HATE IT! especially since I have little freedom time in NS. i walked to the train station, took a train (where the journey takes 20 minutes longer) and spent 20 minutes walking home. In the end, a 30 minute journey became 1 hour. It ruined my plan to reach home by 6.25 and to go cycling. After all, we had been "freed" at 5.30 and I only reached home at around 7.

I hate SBS! I will from now on consciously AVOID ALL THEIR services. I'll try to take TIBS more. WHO CARES ABOUT TVMOBILE? IT SUCKS! Besides, I take TIBS all the time, 61, 77. 7, 106, 75. All the good routes are done by TIBS. And they put bendy buses on the road during peak hours. SBS uses single decker buses during PEAK hours. MAY SBS GO BROKE AND BE BUSTED!!!!!!!

EVEN during my 30 minute wait, CSS, CSS can send 5, yes FIVE bus no. 608, I don't understand why SBS can't increase their frequency during peak hour and use bigger buses? The stupid fools are just gaining ill repute this way. So from now ON I SHALL AVOID SBS BUSES! THEY SUCK! I always end up riding a 77 or 106 bus home from orchard, very seldom a 7. Too bad, i hope the bastards at the top lose business and get sacked. And may the PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION COUNCIL be DISBANDED! These jerks are riding in S 430s and forever promoting increases in bus fares.

Sorry, I really am so angst ridden, especially when it comes to waiting for stupid SBS Buses. I am ANTI SBS and PRO TIBS! TIBS RULES!

Mum cooked a great dinner. its a good thing to know that when lunch is like shit, dinner is going to be food that God literally drops from heaven. Mum cooks SO WELL!!! I am VERY VERY happy with her cooking. Everyday's food is great! =) Thanks mum! Love ya!

After dinner, it was watching that stupid channel 8 police show. The malay regulars are actually watching it and laughing everyday at the show. The stupid show has like millions of mistakes in the way the police work. CID case is theirs, CNB case is theirs, SOC case is theirs and even STAR TEAM case is theirs. So stupid, it gives people the wrong idea of policeman. Even the short clips that preceded each commercial show them holding the baton wrongly. Phyllis Quek is drawing her baton in a totally wrong way. In an emergency, drawing her baton that way can cost her HER LIFE. Sigh, I better not criticise anymore, they're just actors after all, not real policemen.

I ended up watching Chemistry. All because RUI EN is in it! My brother says that she looks pretty only from certain angels, but hey I believe in supporting local talent, especially local singer/actresses. Come on, I'm a guy! Its only natural that I will support a female artiste. Which guy in his right frame of mind support F4? YUCKS! (F4 fans oops)

Gonna watch FHM Bikini Heaven later. I'm behind Singapore's Rachel Lee! She's SOOOOOO PRETTY and SOOOO HOT! Heh, I don't read FHM (not, not MAXIM either, and I do not stare at the images) but since the whole squad is going to talk about it tomorrow, I might as well not be left out of the conversation and at least understand what's going on. I know I did "pledge" not to admire girls for their looks anymore, but I'll have to say that she's an exception since I'm rooting for Singapore here. That'll see me sleeping at 12.30, gonna be dead tired tomorrow.

Well I hope I never have to type such a long blog entry again! its taken me an hour! But its just one of those days! =) This post is so long it takes the spell checker almost 14 seconds to refresh after each entry.

Oh ya, Kaveh, the ACJC Rugby captain of last year that led ACJC to a 23-0 Victory over RJC has passed out of the Police Academy today. I did not go for the POP but heck, he'll be back at Tracom tomorrow to do barrack fatigue. The best thing is that

ACJC v.s RJC, A Division RUGBY FINALS at the POLICE ACADEMY!!!!!!



Well, I'm very sure Kaveh will be there rooting for the success of ACJC. ACJC WILL WIN! WE WILL NEVER LOSE IN RUGBY!!!!! AC! AC! AC! ACJ!

The bad news is that I'll be out on sea at on a sortie. DAMN! I hope to get off the hook.....early and rush down to TRACOM and cheer for ACJC! With my "passed out" status at Tracom, i should be able to pull a few strings in ACJC'S favor. Heh, we're going to get seats and leave NONE for the RJC supporters! THEY'LL JUST HAVE TO STAND!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

once again, i'm in my evil mood.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home