I think I shouldn't wake up at 5.30 anymore, its too early. I keep ending up sleeping for like an extra 40 minutes till about 6.10 most of the time. Then again, a cold morning shower would do wonders at keeping me awake at that graveyard hour. I've realised in Tracom that a cold shower in the morning doesn't feel cold, in fact, it feels warm because my body's temperature is like so low after all that sleeping.
I did not manage to finish reading Streats today and rushed through computer times. Its a good thing that I managed to catch the first bus, have breakfast early and start the day by reading Nico's copy of Computer Times and Edmund's copy of Streats. Its true, the weather has been terribly hot these days, such to the extent that all physical training in the afternoon has been cancelled. Poor army guys, they must really be suffering right now.
Then again, my suffering in NS is nothing compared to Esther's. Its a good thing that my Father has relieved her suffering in a place of eternal peace and painlessness. God is good and God is great!
I was today's QM, nothing much I'd say, just report strength in the morning and do a few nonsensical run abouts for the sake of the squad. Its just unfortunate that I end up having all kinds of weird duties when its my turn and the rest get "normal" duties. Argh.
I just practically spent the day in between paying sharp attention to dozing off in class. It really feels like JC, I have to struggle just to stay awake in the lecture, yet once the lecture is over I am brimming with great energy.
Today, the squad had its first weapons training lesson. Our gunnery teacher, SSgt Ong looks like, talks like and acts like a typical RJC guy. He wears thick reflective glasses, has hair shorter than my G.I no.4 and is probably as smart as any RJC guy. Funny thing is that he's been in the Force for almost 10 years and he still looks really young! He's just a little bit too tanned, to the extent that I would mistake him for a malay and not a chinese.
Basically, he taught us the parts and the safety precautions involved with the M16, the gun of the day. other than that, he just basically gave us alot of breaks and time to relax. He's a very slack teacher, to the extent that the guys can go and play carrom at the back of the room and he doesn't mind. Ok, at least he does his job, albeit boringly, but let's us have all the "reasonable" fun we would like to have.
I saw something that disturbed me today: Ratib was showing Nico this flyer that he had printed out on a color printer, on the flyer was an advertisement for malaysian call girls. The ad was bordered with images or nude women in explicit positions. My goodness! A policeman walking around with a pornographic flyer! Ratib was like saying that one of these day, he and some of the guys planned to bike over to Johor Bahru and then hire some girls at a cheap motel as a "love shack". Of course, I don't need a clue to know what is going to go one there and then.
Ratib told me that it was dirt cheap, 200 Ringgit for a whole day for 1 stripper. that's about 95 Sing dollars and since like about 10 of them would be going, they'd be able to hire about 7 or 8 strippers, buy lots of alcohol and have "fun".
Well, as much as I know that such is wrong morally, what can I say? Literally, almost every guy, to a certain extent has an inner desire, a craving for sex. Jeremy once told me that that in the principles of management, sex is considered a basic need. Perhaps he's right, but from my spiritual perspective its not! Funny how millions of things in the world are linked to sex.
I didn't express whatever outrage I had in my heart as it seems to be an "accepted" thing that it is ok for guys to look at pornography, talk dirty about sex and discuss about their fantasies to other guys. I can't blame them, I know so many guys who are addicted to pornography. They can't break free, only Jesus can set them free. I think I'll need to go find a good Christian book that talks honestly about sex without distorting it or hiding certain things. Its always better to see the biblical perspective since I can honestly say that my definition of sex has been warped by culture and influences.
It is important to know what is right.
Well, I have a weapons handling test tomorrow, failing which I will not be allowed to carry an M16, I don't think it should be a problem, just that for the next three days I'll have to report to Kallang and I hate Kallang.
Lunch was ok today, yet again, Wei Loong gave me his lunch. I've realised that you can never finish the rice served out unless you have two portions meat and veggies. After lunch I saw this bunch of my squad mates gathered around the computer. Rahmat told me that they were looking at something sinful. When I went to take a look I realised that Ratib was surfing pornographic websites and downloading pornographic pictures.
Later the guys were looking at digital photos that Ragu had brought on a diskette. The guys were like just juding the girls, checking out their chest sizes and figures and stuff.
It reminded me of AC, its like, guys liked to gather in groups in the old canteen to guess the bra size of the next girl walking through the old canteen. Cheap thrill? More like a sick desire masked into a horny game for guys to dabble in.
She once told me that she found that Singapore guys are really very horny! Its just that the laws have "repressed" their sexual urges and desire to less "invasive" forms of sexual release. I don't really know what I'm typing here, everytime I think about her, my thoughts go haywire.
To end the day, I was one of the 3 guys who could not board the 5.15 shuttle bus back to WTC and had to end up waiting for th 5.45 one. Could not go cycling because of such but nevermind. Mom cooked a great dinner and now I am happily living my life out in front my my computer.
Suddenly I've taken a liking to Classical, Jazz, Acoustic, Country and Lyrics sung to the tune of only a piano. I love the soundtrack of "The Pianist", Kevin Kern's "Enchanted Garden", Jazz from Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Norah Jones. Country from Willie Nelson and Lee Ann Womack, not to mention Billy Gilman and of course, the beautiful song "Angel" by Sarah Mclachlan.
Perhaps a mature shift to more "upclass" music? Maybe. I don't really know.
I did not manage to finish reading Streats today and rushed through computer times. Its a good thing that I managed to catch the first bus, have breakfast early and start the day by reading Nico's copy of Computer Times and Edmund's copy of Streats. Its true, the weather has been terribly hot these days, such to the extent that all physical training in the afternoon has been cancelled. Poor army guys, they must really be suffering right now.
Then again, my suffering in NS is nothing compared to Esther's. Its a good thing that my Father has relieved her suffering in a place of eternal peace and painlessness. God is good and God is great!
I was today's QM, nothing much I'd say, just report strength in the morning and do a few nonsensical run abouts for the sake of the squad. Its just unfortunate that I end up having all kinds of weird duties when its my turn and the rest get "normal" duties. Argh.
I just practically spent the day in between paying sharp attention to dozing off in class. It really feels like JC, I have to struggle just to stay awake in the lecture, yet once the lecture is over I am brimming with great energy.
Today, the squad had its first weapons training lesson. Our gunnery teacher, SSgt Ong looks like, talks like and acts like a typical RJC guy. He wears thick reflective glasses, has hair shorter than my G.I no.4 and is probably as smart as any RJC guy. Funny thing is that he's been in the Force for almost 10 years and he still looks really young! He's just a little bit too tanned, to the extent that I would mistake him for a malay and not a chinese.
Basically, he taught us the parts and the safety precautions involved with the M16, the gun of the day. other than that, he just basically gave us alot of breaks and time to relax. He's a very slack teacher, to the extent that the guys can go and play carrom at the back of the room and he doesn't mind. Ok, at least he does his job, albeit boringly, but let's us have all the "reasonable" fun we would like to have.
I saw something that disturbed me today: Ratib was showing Nico this flyer that he had printed out on a color printer, on the flyer was an advertisement for malaysian call girls. The ad was bordered with images or nude women in explicit positions. My goodness! A policeman walking around with a pornographic flyer! Ratib was like saying that one of these day, he and some of the guys planned to bike over to Johor Bahru and then hire some girls at a cheap motel as a "love shack". Of course, I don't need a clue to know what is going to go one there and then.
Ratib told me that it was dirt cheap, 200 Ringgit for a whole day for 1 stripper. that's about 95 Sing dollars and since like about 10 of them would be going, they'd be able to hire about 7 or 8 strippers, buy lots of alcohol and have "fun".
Well, as much as I know that such is wrong morally, what can I say? Literally, almost every guy, to a certain extent has an inner desire, a craving for sex. Jeremy once told me that that in the principles of management, sex is considered a basic need. Perhaps he's right, but from my spiritual perspective its not! Funny how millions of things in the world are linked to sex.
I didn't express whatever outrage I had in my heart as it seems to be an "accepted" thing that it is ok for guys to look at pornography, talk dirty about sex and discuss about their fantasies to other guys. I can't blame them, I know so many guys who are addicted to pornography. They can't break free, only Jesus can set them free. I think I'll need to go find a good Christian book that talks honestly about sex without distorting it or hiding certain things. Its always better to see the biblical perspective since I can honestly say that my definition of sex has been warped by culture and influences.
It is important to know what is right.
Well, I have a weapons handling test tomorrow, failing which I will not be allowed to carry an M16, I don't think it should be a problem, just that for the next three days I'll have to report to Kallang and I hate Kallang.
Lunch was ok today, yet again, Wei Loong gave me his lunch. I've realised that you can never finish the rice served out unless you have two portions meat and veggies. After lunch I saw this bunch of my squad mates gathered around the computer. Rahmat told me that they were looking at something sinful. When I went to take a look I realised that Ratib was surfing pornographic websites and downloading pornographic pictures.
Later the guys were looking at digital photos that Ragu had brought on a diskette. The guys were like just juding the girls, checking out their chest sizes and figures and stuff.
It reminded me of AC, its like, guys liked to gather in groups in the old canteen to guess the bra size of the next girl walking through the old canteen. Cheap thrill? More like a sick desire masked into a horny game for guys to dabble in.
She once told me that she found that Singapore guys are really very horny! Its just that the laws have "repressed" their sexual urges and desire to less "invasive" forms of sexual release. I don't really know what I'm typing here, everytime I think about her, my thoughts go haywire.
To end the day, I was one of the 3 guys who could not board the 5.15 shuttle bus back to WTC and had to end up waiting for th 5.45 one. Could not go cycling because of such but nevermind. Mom cooked a great dinner and now I am happily living my life out in front my my computer.
Suddenly I've taken a liking to Classical, Jazz, Acoustic, Country and Lyrics sung to the tune of only a piano. I love the soundtrack of "The Pianist", Kevin Kern's "Enchanted Garden", Jazz from Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Norah Jones. Country from Willie Nelson and Lee Ann Womack, not to mention Billy Gilman and of course, the beautiful song "Angel" by Sarah Mclachlan.
Perhaps a mature shift to more "upclass" music? Maybe. I don't really know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home