I slept really late last night, only turned off the computer at about 12.30, coupled with prayer time, I probably fell asleep at about slightly past 1. I managed to wake up at 5.30 again today, but decided to take five minutes more of sleep.
Before I knew it, my dad was knocking on my door to ask if I was ready to go. It was already 6.45! I rushed through my morning routine like I have never rushed through before. Thank God, I did get my stuff ready last night, so within 5 minutes I was at the table having breakfast with my brother.
My brother's exams are starts today. I bet he's just going to do badly again. He never studies, plays, goes out with girls, watches tv and plays the computer all the time. I'm quite disappointed in him. He does not heed my advice or my mum's for that matter. He's still so childish and immature. And he's already almost 16.
I managed to catch the first bus to Brani today. It felt good arriving at the base early. I could take my own sweet time to do whatever I wanted. Had breakfast with Atek (Ah Teck), Nico and Poh Yong.
Class was very boring as usual. I'm doomed to fail the seamanship exam next monday unless I can get hold of Rahmat's notes and mug at it for a few days. Nico and I just spent the time reading streats, lifestyle magazine and newsweek at the back of class again. Bet when my whole course is over, my drawer will become a library of news magazines.
Lunch was platable, but as usual, I could not even finish the little rice they gave to us. Food sucks man.
I've realised that even though I'm a reserve for the PDP, lots of people take MC on a day with PDP practice and I have to end up taking their place anyway. Today, about 5 people were absent, so that basically used up all the reserves. The squad had to go through the whole parade twice, full dress rehearsal for it next Tuesday. They did not allow us to leave after our share of the work was done claiming that "some guy whose rank is bigger than all of us combined" wanted us to stay.
Perhaps it was the Commissioner of Police? He was there to vet the parade, after all. I only managed to reach home close to 8. I can't stand it, these guys who plan NS literally want to suck and squeeze out every possible amount of time for us. Every weekend is burnt to attachments, practice, classes, courses or some stupid cause that we have to do.
The stupid cause is usually a shit job (sai kang), like cleaning up the floor, arranging a hall for a function, clear up rubbish for an event. We are fucking dogs man. This society has absolutely no respect for NS men, to them, we are a free source of labour with no respite whatsoever. I hate this country's NS policy, the whole thing sucks!
Before I knew it, my dad was knocking on my door to ask if I was ready to go. It was already 6.45! I rushed through my morning routine like I have never rushed through before. Thank God, I did get my stuff ready last night, so within 5 minutes I was at the table having breakfast with my brother.
My brother's exams are starts today. I bet he's just going to do badly again. He never studies, plays, goes out with girls, watches tv and plays the computer all the time. I'm quite disappointed in him. He does not heed my advice or my mum's for that matter. He's still so childish and immature. And he's already almost 16.
I managed to catch the first bus to Brani today. It felt good arriving at the base early. I could take my own sweet time to do whatever I wanted. Had breakfast with Atek (Ah Teck), Nico and Poh Yong.
Class was very boring as usual. I'm doomed to fail the seamanship exam next monday unless I can get hold of Rahmat's notes and mug at it for a few days. Nico and I just spent the time reading streats, lifestyle magazine and newsweek at the back of class again. Bet when my whole course is over, my drawer will become a library of news magazines.
Lunch was platable, but as usual, I could not even finish the little rice they gave to us. Food sucks man.
I've realised that even though I'm a reserve for the PDP, lots of people take MC on a day with PDP practice and I have to end up taking their place anyway. Today, about 5 people were absent, so that basically used up all the reserves. The squad had to go through the whole parade twice, full dress rehearsal for it next Tuesday. They did not allow us to leave after our share of the work was done claiming that "some guy whose rank is bigger than all of us combined" wanted us to stay.
Perhaps it was the Commissioner of Police? He was there to vet the parade, after all. I only managed to reach home close to 8. I can't stand it, these guys who plan NS literally want to suck and squeeze out every possible amount of time for us. Every weekend is burnt to attachments, practice, classes, courses or some stupid cause that we have to do.
The stupid cause is usually a shit job (sai kang), like cleaning up the floor, arranging a hall for a function, clear up rubbish for an event. We are fucking dogs man. This society has absolutely no respect for NS men, to them, we are a free source of labour with no respite whatsoever. I hate this country's NS policy, the whole thing sucks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home