Sunday, June 12

Peaceful at Heart

Peaceful at Heart



Probably this was around September 2002. Just about several weeks beyond the last day of school. After the preliminary exams. School was a rush then, things were so unsteady at that time as I held my Age Of Empires prelim score in my hand. Compulsory-self study was common. The desire to do more work and to focus on the final lap of the race to the A-levels had finally taken flight. Free time was lesser spent in the Void Deck chatting. More like in the Mezza9 floor doing self-study. It was a whole change in mindset and life circumstances.

One of those days. I skipped the F-Maths tutorial in the morning. Only to end up going for the lecture later in the afternoon. This was about probably 2p.m or so. I sat at the back in my ever usual place in LT 3. Ishvinder, the great indian mathematician sat away from me this day. Mavis was just going through a couple of solutions as well as doing up questions that people in the LT asked her to solve for us. So that we could all study the solutions. Finally, Mavis started walking around the place, to check on us as we did our self-study. The mood was pretty low at this point in my life in AC. Understandably so, because, it is just before the run up to the finals.

Mavis looked at me, and thought with a piercing gaze. "Hey, Alwyn, I didn't see you at tutorial earlier today. Where were you ah?" I mumbled and stuttered, "er.. ma'am...er... OH! I was studying in the library! Doing my own self-study, some stuff and other". So a little "tussle" ensued between me and Mavis when she waxed lyrical about me skipping tutorials to "do work". Given my past record as far as handing up copied work was concerned. It was obvious that I was there doing "other things". She was so spot on. I was in the Mezza9 floor to look at her. Her best friend had tipped me off that she would be studying there that afternoon. So I skipped the period in between to head there to "study". That period happened to be the tutorial for F-Maths. Chaired by Mavis, nonetheless.

Well, someone next to walked over and cut me down. "Alwyn, LIARS GO TO HELL!". Of course, I didn't expect such a response, thoughts of the Lake of Fire do shut me up well. So I shut up and didn't say anything else. That person was no other than Kang Fei. Of course, he can see right through me and all my nonsense. So yeah. This was one of the more memorable times where I learnt that lying doesn't get you very far in life. As much as I wish to thank Kang Fei for this lesson now. I know that I can never do it here. Because Kang Fei went to be with the Lord yesterday...

I've written at least two personal posts regarding him on this blog. I don't think there is anything more left for me to say. Except for what I wrote above. About the way he lives for the Lord. Faithfully. To the point that it sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable with my own spiritual level with the Lord. I've learnt a lot from him since I had the chance to know him. Its just sad that I never knew that the J-4 reunion last year, would the the one last and final time that I would see him alive. He has gone to a much better place now. A place with no pain. Where he can be in the presence of the Lord. While I am saddened at his passing, and his promotion to glory comes as a slight shock to me. I mourn his loss, knowing with joy in my heart, that he has truly run the race. Truly kept the faith and truly lived his best for the Lord, everyday of his life.

Dear Kang Fei. You will be missed greatly by me. Thank you for all the influence, happy memories and joy that you have brought to my life. Thank you for the admonishing and for the correction in Christ that you have given to me. Thank you for the care and concern you have shown to me. Thank you for the great times that you have made life in AC so. Thank you for your faith, for your testimony, and I thank God, that I have met you in this short life of mine. Rest in Peace, we will see each other shortly, on that Day, where we will be reunited, in the presence of our Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!



You're my Everything
Reason I sing
You've taken me under Your Wings
And closer to You I draw near

My life's in Your Hands
My heart beats
In Your perfect love

My Lips shall praise You
Adore You
And lifting my love I will sing

You're Amazing, Never Changing
Always with me, Enthroned within my soul
Overflowing, my heart offers
The Deepest of Honor and Worship
Amazing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home