Listening to Chris Tomlin - We Fall Down
Thanks to mei, Boon, En, Shu and Jo for your wonderful comments. Actually that day when I "somehow" blogged down my "testimony", my mind was a total blank and then this sudden wave of creativity just shot through me and had me typing away. Its amazing how personal reflecting moments of philosophy dawn upon me at times.
All I can say is that its not easy to bear a good testimony for God. Its actually very difficult to be a good Christian. Its so easy to drift, backslide, lose fire, lose passion and have one's faith drained when it seems to hard to grow and to press forward. But for the Hope of the World, then I will do anything. Thank God for all the wonderful support people around me that just prop me up when my faith seems to be crumbling. Both at church as well as at school. Like a visiting pastor once told me flatly, "faith leaks", I can't take my relationship with God for granted.
I managed to get this to be my current wallpaper no thanks to the screen capture utility on my computer. I think its rather cool. The whole thing having being created by the top computer genius I have ever met in ACS along with his gang of supremely computer-gifted buddies. Imagine a guy at the age of 14 who is programming university level C++. Really power man.
Perpetuating the myth
An ACJC boy is visiting this friend's house. His friend happens to be the son of a very wealthy and prominent local businessman. They are having lunch when they are interrupted by someone at the main gate. The two ACJC boys use the security system and find a group of students from a local university requesting that a business research survey form be passed to the man of the house. The two ACJC boys take some time to walk to the main gate. Finally when the main gate opens, the jaws of the university students drop ever so slightly as they hand over the survey form. After which, one of the ACJC boys says to the other, "I guess we are just perpetuating the myth."
The two ACJC boys happen to be brother and me. I was over at his house just before crashing orientation last week and this whole thing happened. I could say that the "jaw dropping effect" was 'priceless". Can just imagine what went through the minds of those students. Then the both of us laughed. Brother was wearing the "Fun O Rama 2 2 2" Polo Tee and I was wearing the "ACSian Golf Classic" shirt. Perhaps that's why. I realise that for most of the AC guys that I know quite well, most of them like to wear AC shirts around the house and sleep in them. I need to expand my collection of AC Shirts at the Fun-O-Rama.
Some things never change. But other things do. Especially people in the likes of my brother. He's just been promoted to 3rd Lieutenant of the 12th Company Boy's Brigade in Singapore. He is now the highest ranking Boy's Brigade Officer in the whole entire school. I'm glad he's making some real changes in his life. On the other hand, my parents are seriously contemplating about sending him to do foundational studies in Australia in the hopes that it might secure him a better future. Mum and Dad are planning to put up a bond to let him defer his national service in favour of studies first. My brother will only complete his national service upon his return from studies in Australia.
I think one of the saddest and greatest emotional turmoil a girl can ever go through is to be stuck in a 3 way "force diagram" of an unwanted pregnancy. Abort and the guilt for murder is just unimaginable, give up the child for adoption and it will haunt the girl for the rest of her life. Else marry into an unhappy union. No family can stay together only for the sake of a baby. Finances, parental conerns, culture and religion are also tremendous initial barriers for as such to happen. And who is going to guarantee the guy isn't going to run away, walk out or just give up totally. And at the end of the day - its the girl's fault. How sad.
Thanks to mei, Boon, En, Shu and Jo for your wonderful comments. Actually that day when I "somehow" blogged down my "testimony", my mind was a total blank and then this sudden wave of creativity just shot through me and had me typing away. Its amazing how personal reflecting moments of philosophy dawn upon me at times.
All I can say is that its not easy to bear a good testimony for God. Its actually very difficult to be a good Christian. Its so easy to drift, backslide, lose fire, lose passion and have one's faith drained when it seems to hard to grow and to press forward. But for the Hope of the World, then I will do anything. Thank God for all the wonderful support people around me that just prop me up when my faith seems to be crumbling. Both at church as well as at school. Like a visiting pastor once told me flatly, "faith leaks", I can't take my relationship with God for granted.
I managed to get this to be my current wallpaper no thanks to the screen capture utility on my computer. I think its rather cool. The whole thing having being created by the top computer genius I have ever met in ACS along with his gang of supremely computer-gifted buddies. Imagine a guy at the age of 14 who is programming university level C++. Really power man.
Perpetuating the myth
An ACJC boy is visiting this friend's house. His friend happens to be the son of a very wealthy and prominent local businessman. They are having lunch when they are interrupted by someone at the main gate. The two ACJC boys use the security system and find a group of students from a local university requesting that a business research survey form be passed to the man of the house. The two ACJC boys take some time to walk to the main gate. Finally when the main gate opens, the jaws of the university students drop ever so slightly as they hand over the survey form. After which, one of the ACJC boys says to the other, "I guess we are just perpetuating the myth."
The two ACJC boys happen to be brother and me. I was over at his house just before crashing orientation last week and this whole thing happened. I could say that the "jaw dropping effect" was 'priceless". Can just imagine what went through the minds of those students. Then the both of us laughed. Brother was wearing the "Fun O Rama 2 2 2" Polo Tee and I was wearing the "ACSian Golf Classic" shirt. Perhaps that's why. I realise that for most of the AC guys that I know quite well, most of them like to wear AC shirts around the house and sleep in them. I need to expand my collection of AC Shirts at the Fun-O-Rama.
Some things never change. But other things do. Especially people in the likes of my brother. He's just been promoted to 3rd Lieutenant of the 12th Company Boy's Brigade in Singapore. He is now the highest ranking Boy's Brigade Officer in the whole entire school. I'm glad he's making some real changes in his life. On the other hand, my parents are seriously contemplating about sending him to do foundational studies in Australia in the hopes that it might secure him a better future. Mum and Dad are planning to put up a bond to let him defer his national service in favour of studies first. My brother will only complete his national service upon his return from studies in Australia.
I think one of the saddest and greatest emotional turmoil a girl can ever go through is to be stuck in a 3 way "force diagram" of an unwanted pregnancy. Abort and the guilt for murder is just unimaginable, give up the child for adoption and it will haunt the girl for the rest of her life. Else marry into an unhappy union. No family can stay together only for the sake of a baby. Finances, parental conerns, culture and religion are also tremendous initial barriers for as such to happen. And who is going to guarantee the guy isn't going to run away, walk out or just give up totally. And at the end of the day - its the girl's fault. How sad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home