Wednesday, May 14

Of Sado-Masochism and Bondage

This topic came up during ropework today. When the class ended. Some guy asked OC Isham if he could take home two pieces of nylon cord. OC Isham immediately guessed his intention and just said out loud to the class. "Why? So you can go tie up your girlfriend?"

Hoho, Bondage!

I'm divided by this issue from my SECULAR point of view, but not from my Christian outlook. My GP teacher, TLC (yes, her initials are tender loving care), during a session in class, talked to us about the kinky stuff that men practice. Even in the police academy, I was "informed" that certain forms of sex/fetishes were illegal. During my secondary school days, and even in my JC days, there were guys who subtilely hinted at their sense of kinkiness.

This is a interesting issue, so I shall comment on it with an open mind. I feel that bondage sex and sado-masochistic play is sinful. Ok, its wrong because I don't think It's very nice to tie your girlfriend/sex-partner/whoever up and to perform sexual acts to satisfy one's own desire. It's really selfish I think and not only that, I believe that this is a wrong form of sex as broadcast by pornography and is fueled by a self-centered, extremely selfish love and desire to please one's own lust for women.

In a sense, I feel that sometimes guys only want a girlfriend/wife/partner/whatever just for her looks, if not, her body, if not, it just boils down to sex.

In my narrow minded form of thinking about 10 years ago. I couldn't understand why in certain books, the "mind" of a man was portrayed to be thinking about sex all the time.

She once asked me if it was true that guys think of sex once every seven seconds, as broadcast in the Vertical Horizon's MTV - "Everything You Want". I told her honestly that from my limited perspective (I was sec 4 then) that it was a no. But should you count all the time guys/men/boys spend fantasising and thinking about sex, I'd say that it probably comes out to about that figure.

btw, she is different from she. They're two different girls.

Ok, so guys have a mad rush of testosterone, the hormone that makes us "manly", "macho", gives guys their "sex drive", but also makes them more aggressive, violent, short tempered. But then hormones can't take all the blame. Its our world's culture that demeans women to the position of just slaves or sex objects. Its everywhere, billboards, magazines, movies, MTVs... "men's" magazines are a good example.

"Culture is perverted good" - Rev. Dr A.R. Bernard. Senior Pastor of Christian Cultural Center, New York Christian Life Center.

I agree with him. The sub-culture of domination, bondage sex, restraints and so on remind me of the way Satan keeps Christians and Non-Christians alike in spiritual bondage. It is almost as though that this subculture is a physical representation of Satan is doing to men in the Spiritual. Yep, all men are tempted, seduced, drawn into the world's version of sex.

Corrupted sex I would think. God made sex to be beautiful, yes BEAUTIFUL. I'm not very good at this since I'm not married and I'm still a virgin (er, male virgin?) Christian counselors often tell teens that sex is like the highest form of love and intimacy between two people. Where both people give one another pleasure, build a strong emotional attachment and are physically closer than they ever usually are. One side normally initiates, but both parties must agree to carry on the act of love making.

I'll just cut short my commentary here. No one's likely to read it, but I feel that I've let out quite alot of my thoughts off my chest just by typing this topic.

I pray that I can love just one person, one girl faithfully for the rest of my life. Honestly, I don't rate my chances of getting the girl of my dreams as good, more of slim. But Matthew once comforted me with the fact that he says that God wants all of us to get married and stuff, so we shouldn't worry who our partners are.

But at least we have to tell God what we desire in our partner right? Pastor Barnarbas, ACJC Christian Ministry Worker/Pastor, once told me that I have to be really specific in what I want in a girl. I can't just ask God:

-she loves me
-I love her
-she loves God lots
-my parents are ok with her
-her parents are fine with me.

Pastor Barnarbas said that such things could be assumed already as God won't chose a wrong girl for me right? So I can assume that she would love me, that I would love her and that She would at least be a Christian and that mom and dad are satisfied with her and vice versa.

Well I haven't really given it much thought yet. But for now, I just pray that I don't go crazy over girls for at least 3 years, yet don't end up to be gay. I know I'm not, but honestly, who knows if something won't screw up my thinking? Some guys are just "born gay" (I don't subscribe to this), some are "made gay" after being hurt too much by girls and see men as an alternative. The other is the "no choice gay", a person whose love tank has been very empty for an extended period of time, such that now the person need an unnatural form of love to fill his "love tank". I think I might fall into this category if I'm not careful. Especially with the temptations of the Devil and his evil accusations against me.

Well, my love tank has been empty for a long time. I was deeply hut when she refused my advances. My love tank is cracked. It can't hold a single drop of love from a girl. Perhaps that's why I'm so off to them.

Most guys would want a girl for her looks and her body. I pray that God will give me the strength to love whoever He wants me to marry for her HEART and that's all. Not easy, not easy indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home