I didn't sleep much last night. Was just tossing and turning around throughout the night and when I looked at the clock, it was already 6.
Arrived at the bus stop at 7.20, the latest time ever thus far. It was a very plain day today. During our uniform inspection, OC insisted that many of us get a haircut soon, to avoid any complaints. He picked me out and said that my hair was especially thick. So thick that it was unbelievable anyone had such hair. Heh, when I get to go bald someday, at least it won't be so noticeable since I have at least 20% more than the 100 000 strands an average person has.
Should I go to the states and study. I have vowed not to cut my hair for FOUR years. Unless die die must cut lah.
We just spent the whole day doing ropework, learning how to tie the various knots. I couldn't tie the bow line knot after like many repeated tries and ended up cursing and swearing quietly to myself and Nico who sat next to me again. Ropework is important in the coast guard as I will have to constantly handle ropes wherever I go. Be it tying the ship to the wharf, dock or setting up a towing line and stuff. Didn't get to read my National Geographic, the issue of Newsweek which I brought to class. Seriously, I am more interested in reading during class time than to pay attention, knowing that I can get all the information I want on the Net.
I was caught reading the November Issue of Pioneer, the SAF magazine by OC, so he gave me a on the spot test. I managed to do quite well, mistaking only one knot for another. Lots of us had difficulty with the rounding hitch, so OC spent close to an hour going about to teach everyone individually. He's really really patient with us and takes all our nonsense in our stride. All this when its supposed to be a militarily strict class. I hope to be as patient as him someday in the NEARER future, so that I can take everyone's nonsense all the more.
Lunch was horrendous. The fish looked like chicken and was made up of nothing but deep fried flour. SUCKS! I think whatever fish meat inside was probably a fish cake which the the cooks ground up. It tasted so bad so Wei Loon went to buy food at the canteen (again). I wish that the Civil Defence Academy's Canteen would be located at Brani. Then I wouldn't mind buying food everyday! The canteen at Brani sucks! it only has ONE pathetic stall selling deep fried stuff which are ages old.
After lunch I dozed off in class. I slept till almost 3 o'clock. When I awoke, Nico said that no one had come in for close to an hour. Haha. Just when i was about to have fun, OC Isham walked in to continue the rope session! Thankfully, he just spent the time joking with us, telling us some basics to tying a boat to the wharf, the methology involved and safety precautions to take when handing ropes that are under very high tension.
He said that some guy who was handling steel cables under extremely high tension was very unlucky once. He was directly in the path of the line when the cable snapped and the line just cut off his entire arm. OUCH. That's really bad. I think I'll be depressed for a year should I lose a limb or something.
OC Isham asked us if we wanted physical training today. Everyone said NO! Most of the guys had body pain everywhere after yesterday's exercise. Surprisingly, I didn't, especially when I'm like one of the most unfit guys on the whole squad. Perhaps its God working in me again.
OC Isham let us off at 5p.m, the earliest thus far. We wanted to catch the 5.15 shuttle bus, but OC Quek stopped us. He told us the senior officers, and the CPC personnel were likely to complain should the bus be way too crowded, mind you, we are talking about 61 people squeezing in here.
He told us to just board and those of us who could not find a place to board, to turn back and march back to the classroom block. I was the last to board the bus, just barely managing to squeeze my body on the steps of the bus. I dropped off first and went home straight.
Mum was surprised at how early I arrived home. So early that I could take time off to go cycling to her house. I asked mum where she place the bicycle pump and mum told me it was at the very far end of the shelf. I pumped my bike and left for her house.
She wasn't in, I knew it already as she's about 4000 miles away in Katmandu, Nepal doing Volunteer work. Still, it was nice just to look at her house from the outside. I cycled all the way to Pierce Road. To the Residence of the High Commissioner of India. His Colonial/Victorian Style bungalow is HUMUNGOUS! Its at LEAST 50,000 square feet! I'd love to buy that house someday. Great location, lots of land and most of all, a BLACK and WHITE house!!!
Yay, tomorrow's a public holiday, have cellgroup at Vanessa's house at 11, hopefully I'll make it on time.
Been spending way too much money too quickly. 3 days since I've got my pay and I've spent like of my pay already. Truly, at Coast Guard, life seems to be a little more expensive. I just can't wait for my Corporal's Pay when I pass out. Its a nicer sounding 660 dollars with everything thrown in. Can survive better I'm sure.
Arrived at the bus stop at 7.20, the latest time ever thus far. It was a very plain day today. During our uniform inspection, OC insisted that many of us get a haircut soon, to avoid any complaints. He picked me out and said that my hair was especially thick. So thick that it was unbelievable anyone had such hair. Heh, when I get to go bald someday, at least it won't be so noticeable since I have at least 20% more than the 100 000 strands an average person has.
Should I go to the states and study. I have vowed not to cut my hair for FOUR years. Unless die die must cut lah.
We just spent the whole day doing ropework, learning how to tie the various knots. I couldn't tie the bow line knot after like many repeated tries and ended up cursing and swearing quietly to myself and Nico who sat next to me again. Ropework is important in the coast guard as I will have to constantly handle ropes wherever I go. Be it tying the ship to the wharf, dock or setting up a towing line and stuff. Didn't get to read my National Geographic, the issue of Newsweek which I brought to class. Seriously, I am more interested in reading during class time than to pay attention, knowing that I can get all the information I want on the Net.
I was caught reading the November Issue of Pioneer, the SAF magazine by OC, so he gave me a on the spot test. I managed to do quite well, mistaking only one knot for another. Lots of us had difficulty with the rounding hitch, so OC spent close to an hour going about to teach everyone individually. He's really really patient with us and takes all our nonsense in our stride. All this when its supposed to be a militarily strict class. I hope to be as patient as him someday in the NEARER future, so that I can take everyone's nonsense all the more.
Lunch was horrendous. The fish looked like chicken and was made up of nothing but deep fried flour. SUCKS! I think whatever fish meat inside was probably a fish cake which the the cooks ground up. It tasted so bad so Wei Loon went to buy food at the canteen (again). I wish that the Civil Defence Academy's Canteen would be located at Brani. Then I wouldn't mind buying food everyday! The canteen at Brani sucks! it only has ONE pathetic stall selling deep fried stuff which are ages old.
After lunch I dozed off in class. I slept till almost 3 o'clock. When I awoke, Nico said that no one had come in for close to an hour. Haha. Just when i was about to have fun, OC Isham walked in to continue the rope session! Thankfully, he just spent the time joking with us, telling us some basics to tying a boat to the wharf, the methology involved and safety precautions to take when handing ropes that are under very high tension.
He said that some guy who was handling steel cables under extremely high tension was very unlucky once. He was directly in the path of the line when the cable snapped and the line just cut off his entire arm. OUCH. That's really bad. I think I'll be depressed for a year should I lose a limb or something.
OC Isham asked us if we wanted physical training today. Everyone said NO! Most of the guys had body pain everywhere after yesterday's exercise. Surprisingly, I didn't, especially when I'm like one of the most unfit guys on the whole squad. Perhaps its God working in me again.
OC Isham let us off at 5p.m, the earliest thus far. We wanted to catch the 5.15 shuttle bus, but OC Quek stopped us. He told us the senior officers, and the CPC personnel were likely to complain should the bus be way too crowded, mind you, we are talking about 61 people squeezing in here.
He told us to just board and those of us who could not find a place to board, to turn back and march back to the classroom block. I was the last to board the bus, just barely managing to squeeze my body on the steps of the bus. I dropped off first and went home straight.
Mum was surprised at how early I arrived home. So early that I could take time off to go cycling to her house. I asked mum where she place the bicycle pump and mum told me it was at the very far end of the shelf. I pumped my bike and left for her house.
She wasn't in, I knew it already as she's about 4000 miles away in Katmandu, Nepal doing Volunteer work. Still, it was nice just to look at her house from the outside. I cycled all the way to Pierce Road. To the Residence of the High Commissioner of India. His Colonial/Victorian Style bungalow is HUMUNGOUS! Its at LEAST 50,000 square feet! I'd love to buy that house someday. Great location, lots of land and most of all, a BLACK and WHITE house!!!
Yay, tomorrow's a public holiday, have cellgroup at Vanessa's house at 11, hopefully I'll make it on time.
Been spending way too much money too quickly. 3 days since I've got my pay and I've spent like of my pay already. Truly, at Coast Guard, life seems to be a little more expensive. I just can't wait for my Corporal's Pay when I pass out. Its a nicer sounding 660 dollars with everything thrown in. Can survive better I'm sure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home