Dad once told me that cold showers are good for you. He claimed that the late Patriarch of China, Deng Xiao Ping, lived to the ripe old age of 94 by swimming in frozen lakes even at the age of 90. It would like improve his heat generation capability and boost his immune system. Of course, I was skeptical, but due to NS, I had no choice on the day of my enlistment but to try a COLD COLD shower.
It really works! So now i don't even turn on the heater at home. But i sweat like crazy in the sun as my body is just generating heat at a higher rate.
Just spent the whole day on the computer, downloading mp3s, download e books like Hannibal, the Silence of the Lamb, Harry Potter and the like. I never knew how useful adobe acrobat reader really was. The file sizes for text are really small as compared to microsoft word. Did some searching for an e book that might offer me tips on Power Point but found none. I need to master power point beyond rudimentary slide switching and stuff. I want to create and present dynamic presentations! I think its a useful skill for the business world.
Dad brought grandma out for dinner today. At first he said we would be going to some classy restaurant at the Oriental Hotel, but then, when he called, the restaurant said that they were full and had no more reservations left. So instead we went to the Soup Restaurant at Seah Street, opposite the RAFFLES HOTEL. I had to change from nice and formal to casual and comfy in time before leaving the house.
I burned this jazz cd to be played in the car, but dad said that his cd tray was full and he wouldn't be taking any cds out. Oh well, mum just told me to put it into HER car instead. I'm sure mum will enjoy the jazz classics that I've burned. Nico told me that the jazz I appreciate originated from the jazz music in the 1920s, the so-called golden age of jazz in America. Jazz rules! I once thought that it was gross when I was a rock and alternative fan. But I realise that jazz songs are like the most honest and the most soulful of all. Besides, the musicians are probably the most talented. Jazz double bass is not easy, jazz drums are REALLY hard and the trumpets and piano have weird beats. I truly respect jazz musicians, to me, they are the truly gifted musicians on the planet.
My bro asked me to burn somewhere in the range of 30 plus songs on CD for him to give to his friend. It must be a girl, it has to be a girl. My bro doesn't give presents to guys. Only girls. Ah, he's extra nice when requesting that it be done by tomorrow. The silly bugger, when will her understand that he'll always like girls but girls won't like him? I sound so evil, like I'm cursing him, but he's seriously so immature. Like a frog in a well.
I wanted to go to Bell's church today to attend a service at WESLEY METHODIST CHURCH. But due to dinner I could not. I wanted dad to drop me off there at around 8.50, but thought against the idea since it wouldn't be nice to be 1 1/2 hours late for a service. Its like having no reverence and respect for the Sanctuary of my King. So I came back from a nice filling dinner, probably the best I've had this week. The bill is like 32 bucks per person, even cheaper than eating a steak at Ponderosa's. The chicken is solid man. I hate eating chicken after a whole week of having it everyday for lunch, but seriously, they cook chicken so good i just have to eat one quarter of it and be thoroughly full. All washed down with a mug of beer. The feeling is a really good way to celebrate the passing of my 2.4 km run!
I was thinking about university admissions again: Kevin Sim, a former GP teacher at ACJC says that University of Washington in St Louis is an excellent one, ranked even higher than those of the ivy leagues. But seriously I think it just sounds like some "neighbourhood" university. New York University! NYU! NYU! WOOOOO HOOOO! I really want to attend Rev. Dr A.R Benard's Church, The Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn, New York. He is a great Christian Teacher that I really really hold in great respect. Every sermon he preaches just hits be like a tonne of bricks. He can make the connections in the Bible like no other.
Well, tomorrow's mother's day, I'll just wish mother and that's all. I'll go to church as usual. But sighs, somehow I feel like I won't like tomorrow's service...
It really works! So now i don't even turn on the heater at home. But i sweat like crazy in the sun as my body is just generating heat at a higher rate.
Just spent the whole day on the computer, downloading mp3s, download e books like Hannibal, the Silence of the Lamb, Harry Potter and the like. I never knew how useful adobe acrobat reader really was. The file sizes for text are really small as compared to microsoft word. Did some searching for an e book that might offer me tips on Power Point but found none. I need to master power point beyond rudimentary slide switching and stuff. I want to create and present dynamic presentations! I think its a useful skill for the business world.
Dad brought grandma out for dinner today. At first he said we would be going to some classy restaurant at the Oriental Hotel, but then, when he called, the restaurant said that they were full and had no more reservations left. So instead we went to the Soup Restaurant at Seah Street, opposite the RAFFLES HOTEL. I had to change from nice and formal to casual and comfy in time before leaving the house.
I burned this jazz cd to be played in the car, but dad said that his cd tray was full and he wouldn't be taking any cds out. Oh well, mum just told me to put it into HER car instead. I'm sure mum will enjoy the jazz classics that I've burned. Nico told me that the jazz I appreciate originated from the jazz music in the 1920s, the so-called golden age of jazz in America. Jazz rules! I once thought that it was gross when I was a rock and alternative fan. But I realise that jazz songs are like the most honest and the most soulful of all. Besides, the musicians are probably the most talented. Jazz double bass is not easy, jazz drums are REALLY hard and the trumpets and piano have weird beats. I truly respect jazz musicians, to me, they are the truly gifted musicians on the planet.
My bro asked me to burn somewhere in the range of 30 plus songs on CD for him to give to his friend. It must be a girl, it has to be a girl. My bro doesn't give presents to guys. Only girls. Ah, he's extra nice when requesting that it be done by tomorrow. The silly bugger, when will her understand that he'll always like girls but girls won't like him? I sound so evil, like I'm cursing him, but he's seriously so immature. Like a frog in a well.
I wanted to go to Bell's church today to attend a service at WESLEY METHODIST CHURCH. But due to dinner I could not. I wanted dad to drop me off there at around 8.50, but thought against the idea since it wouldn't be nice to be 1 1/2 hours late for a service. Its like having no reverence and respect for the Sanctuary of my King. So I came back from a nice filling dinner, probably the best I've had this week. The bill is like 32 bucks per person, even cheaper than eating a steak at Ponderosa's. The chicken is solid man. I hate eating chicken after a whole week of having it everyday for lunch, but seriously, they cook chicken so good i just have to eat one quarter of it and be thoroughly full. All washed down with a mug of beer. The feeling is a really good way to celebrate the passing of my 2.4 km run!
I was thinking about university admissions again: Kevin Sim, a former GP teacher at ACJC says that University of Washington in St Louis is an excellent one, ranked even higher than those of the ivy leagues. But seriously I think it just sounds like some "neighbourhood" university. New York University! NYU! NYU! WOOOOO HOOOO! I really want to attend Rev. Dr A.R Benard's Church, The Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn, New York. He is a great Christian Teacher that I really really hold in great respect. Every sermon he preaches just hits be like a tonne of bricks. He can make the connections in the Bible like no other.
Well, tomorrow's mother's day, I'll just wish mother and that's all. I'll go to church as usual. But sighs, somehow I feel like I won't like tomorrow's service...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home