I woke up late today, 6.55 a.m. to be exact. My dad banged on the door and told me that they were leaving already. I asked him for just another 5 minutes to quickly change in to my walk-out attire and wear my shoes. Thank God that I prepared all my stuff the night before so I didn't have any last minute early morning rushes and worry about whether I had brought everything or not.
I didn't brush my teeth though, and my breath stank for the whole day. My dad could smell my bad bad breath in the car and offered me some breath freshening sweets, however, just zun zun, it was out of stock. Dad dropped off my bro at ACS and proceeded to the World Trade Center, where he normally drops me off. I told dad that I was broke and dad let me have a helping of his coin box. There's like gotta be at least a hundred dollars worth of coin in there, coins from the change he gets at auto-pay machines.
I just took 3 dollars (er... doesn't this amount sound familiar?) To me, I feel that I shouldn't take so much from my father, I have to learn to be more financially independent like mei, who finances her own studies overseas (how mature indeed!), I need to curb my spending of the precious little allowance I get from the Police Force as a token of their "appreciation for my National Slavery".
I went into the shuttle bus early, and as usual, sat all alone. The government often claims that we are a non racist country, but I can't help feeling a little bit sidelined during my service in the Police Force since the police national service squads are so Malay dominated. I have nothing against them, but its not very nice when all they do is to talk malay at a meal and leave you straining to understand what's going on. Not withstanding, its like they're links not just by race, but by religion too. And since I don't speak malay, I think its like a last resort for a malay guy to sit next to me on the bus journey there and to converse in English that is erm, not so good?
I'm not a racist person I'd say, but I do have that racial division mindset in my mind. All my life I've been with Chinese people in ACS (It's Anglo-CHINESE school you know), so it isn't easy to connect with friends from a different race or even religion unless they are well educated enough to converse in fluent english. Its like all the malay guys that I know well in my squad are usually the A level students, the Poly students, very seldom do I talk to those from the ITEs (no education-biasedness here, I'm blind to education levels of people, except perhaps those from Harvard... =P), except for my roommate, Saalruhzaman Said. He's a decent, well spoken, well-mannered, ITE educated guy. Breaks the stereotype of ITE as a school for malay guys who can only play soccer.
I was a little worried when the Cisco guard came on the bus to check to see if all the passengers had the Pass. I lost my pass yesterday and if the guard picked me out, it would mean a whole bunch of explanation and paperwork for me. Thankfully, he didn't check all the way to the back of the bus (I was on the 2nd last row) and he let us in. The Coast Guard Base at Brani is after all, a Protected Place, covered under the protected places act. I could be shot for not wearing the pass and hanging about near the ships at the dock. Because at Brani, where the Elite COASTAL PATROL SQUADRON is based, each ship has its OWN armoury, loaded with like at least 10 000 rounds of bullets and 12 guns for the 8 person crew. Even we trainees aren't supposed to go too close to the boats.
I seriously hope to be posted to Brani, to join the CPS, its the only patrol that goes all the way to the Horsburgh Lighthouse at Pedra Branca on the most dangerous missions in the roughest seas and worst sea conditions. I dare to do the extraordinary for God. Because National Service to many is just National Slavery, but through the perspective of the Lord, I believe that He wants me to make it my National Significance. I desire to be like the first NS policeman to be congratulated by the Commissioner of Police and awarded a Medal for Outstanding Bravery. Below I've put up the pictures of the Medal of Honor.The HIGHEST HONOR any soldier in America can receive for OUTSTANDING BRAVERY IN THE FACE OF EXTRAORDINARILY DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES. Another push factor was the "very fresh air" OC claimed the area is surrounded with.
I wen into class and called Pei Yi by accident, wanted to call Poh Yong to ask him to open his locker. Pei Yi just gave a very sleepy reply, "wrong number" and just hung up. The other day, I had forgot to pack my shirt into my locker a few days back when I rushed off after training. And Poh Yong, so kindly packed it into his locker. He told me that my uniform was hanging on one of the rack behind me and yea, it was. On closer inspection, my PCG pass was attached to it! I was delighted! I didn't lose it at all!
I learnt later that Wei Loong had taken my pass from my bag to play a "worry" joke on me later on. However, he totally forgot about the joke until I split from them yesterday when I went to church, so he handed the pass to Poh Yong and asked Poh Yong to give the pass back to me. I immediately reported to OC squad that I had found my pass and OC just gave me a thumbs up sign. I'm sure he was glad to avoid making a report (a police one I think) and all the hassles involved with replacing a pass.
I talked to Nico in class today, didn't learn much as most of the lecture points was in the Seamanship Book they gave us already. He told me that 100K means I could like type out 100 000 characters, inclusive of spaces and such, I calculated, all my entries can be about 300 to 400 words long PER DAY! Yay! But by the looks of it, I'm going to run out of space very very soon! "I can't express myself with a few words" I told mei yesterday when she commented on my long entries.
Lunch was a disaster, Wei Loong, Ah Teck and Poh Yong threw away the food and bought chicken wings from the stall instead. Liang Wei couldn't eat the food either and so just threw it away. And I was so hungry, so even though the food sucked, I just ate it all up.
Afternoon class was again another bore. Only thing interesting was the life saving appliances being passed around the class and the the stuff we would see if we ended up being stuck in a life boat. Today's class was about deploying a life raft/boat and what would be found inside it as standard. I did learn a little but not much I'd say, asked Liang Wei to copy down the notes and I would zap it from him another day (laziness again!).
Later, we were abruptly taken out of our slackness by a sudden announcement of physical training! I was so tired and drained and so were the others! We quickly changed and did a quick warmup, after which OC asked us to do 100 sets of jumping jacks. We had never done so many in one shot before. Even in Tracom, they'd break it up into sets of 50, 30 and then 20. Plus, we didn't stretch our calves... Since I didn't want a cramp later on, I kenged the jumping jacks by doing it sloppily waist down, but still showing all the fanciful hand movements so as to not alert any suspicion. =)
We ran about 3 km to Brani Hill (I didn't know it existed) to these abandoned, or should I say condemned Navy Barrack. As usual I was the last runner. My fitness in running happens to fall into the last 1% of the population? We played some physical training games after that. One of them involved running to the end of the Navy barracks "Parade Square" and back with my partner on my back.
I was tired, so I couldn't run, much less carry Nico. When I did so, OC said it looks like I was strangling Nico on my back. I WALKED a few steps, then dropped him and walked back to the start line. How weak my physical fitness is!
After that, we were briefed that next week we would have to undergo a 2 full day course with the Civil Defence on fire fighting and it would be physically very demanding. Though I'm not very fit, I'm willing to go all the way through with it with a positive attitude and mindset. I make up my mind to go all the way no matter how tough it is on me physically. I'll pray to God for His strength and help.
OC said that the physical activities would slowly increase daily, I don't mind really, because today, the chest pain wasn't so bad as the other day, even though I fell out after running with a the guys for about 1.7 km? I can certainly feel an increase in the distance I managed to run today.
We were back at about 5.40 at the base and then OC told us to quickly change and take the 5.45 bus home. So we had to self-impose a "changing parade" on ourselves in order to meet the bus departure time. I ran in my walk-out attire like I never ran before! Haha, and later at World Trade, the bus came ahead of me, which meant more running after the bus! I stank so bad since I didn't shower, not even changed my underwear and the passengers were giving me dirty stares! =P
Well, came home, washed up, had dinner with mum and DAD (dad didn't go to work today!) and then went to do my blog. Dad nagged at me to clear up my room, which was very messy and mum nagged at me to drink my ginseng infused chrysanthemum tea, which Grandma specially boiled for me. My bro gave me a pair of brand new drill gloves since he had extra and he went to search my cupboard for his Special Operations Command Police shirt, which he asked me to buy for him. Apparently, the size is so big that my maid thought that it HAD to belong to me.
Heh, I only bought it size XL so that I could wear it every now and then!
Haha, what a day indeed.


I didn't brush my teeth though, and my breath stank for the whole day. My dad could smell my bad bad breath in the car and offered me some breath freshening sweets, however, just zun zun, it was out of stock. Dad dropped off my bro at ACS and proceeded to the World Trade Center, where he normally drops me off. I told dad that I was broke and dad let me have a helping of his coin box. There's like gotta be at least a hundred dollars worth of coin in there, coins from the change he gets at auto-pay machines.
I just took 3 dollars (er... doesn't this amount sound familiar?) To me, I feel that I shouldn't take so much from my father, I have to learn to be more financially independent like mei, who finances her own studies overseas (how mature indeed!), I need to curb my spending of the precious little allowance I get from the Police Force as a token of their "appreciation for my National Slavery".
I went into the shuttle bus early, and as usual, sat all alone. The government often claims that we are a non racist country, but I can't help feeling a little bit sidelined during my service in the Police Force since the police national service squads are so Malay dominated. I have nothing against them, but its not very nice when all they do is to talk malay at a meal and leave you straining to understand what's going on. Not withstanding, its like they're links not just by race, but by religion too. And since I don't speak malay, I think its like a last resort for a malay guy to sit next to me on the bus journey there and to converse in English that is erm, not so good?
I'm not a racist person I'd say, but I do have that racial division mindset in my mind. All my life I've been with Chinese people in ACS (It's Anglo-CHINESE school you know), so it isn't easy to connect with friends from a different race or even religion unless they are well educated enough to converse in fluent english. Its like all the malay guys that I know well in my squad are usually the A level students, the Poly students, very seldom do I talk to those from the ITEs (no education-biasedness here, I'm blind to education levels of people, except perhaps those from Harvard... =P), except for my roommate, Saalruhzaman Said. He's a decent, well spoken, well-mannered, ITE educated guy. Breaks the stereotype of ITE as a school for malay guys who can only play soccer.
I was a little worried when the Cisco guard came on the bus to check to see if all the passengers had the Pass. I lost my pass yesterday and if the guard picked me out, it would mean a whole bunch of explanation and paperwork for me. Thankfully, he didn't check all the way to the back of the bus (I was on the 2nd last row) and he let us in. The Coast Guard Base at Brani is after all, a Protected Place, covered under the protected places act. I could be shot for not wearing the pass and hanging about near the ships at the dock. Because at Brani, where the Elite COASTAL PATROL SQUADRON is based, each ship has its OWN armoury, loaded with like at least 10 000 rounds of bullets and 12 guns for the 8 person crew. Even we trainees aren't supposed to go too close to the boats.
I seriously hope to be posted to Brani, to join the CPS, its the only patrol that goes all the way to the Horsburgh Lighthouse at Pedra Branca on the most dangerous missions in the roughest seas and worst sea conditions. I dare to do the extraordinary for God. Because National Service to many is just National Slavery, but through the perspective of the Lord, I believe that He wants me to make it my National Significance. I desire to be like the first NS policeman to be congratulated by the Commissioner of Police and awarded a Medal for Outstanding Bravery. Below I've put up the pictures of the Medal of Honor.The HIGHEST HONOR any soldier in America can receive for OUTSTANDING BRAVERY IN THE FACE OF EXTRAORDINARILY DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES. Another push factor was the "very fresh air" OC claimed the area is surrounded with.
I wen into class and called Pei Yi by accident, wanted to call Poh Yong to ask him to open his locker. Pei Yi just gave a very sleepy reply, "wrong number" and just hung up. The other day, I had forgot to pack my shirt into my locker a few days back when I rushed off after training. And Poh Yong, so kindly packed it into his locker. He told me that my uniform was hanging on one of the rack behind me and yea, it was. On closer inspection, my PCG pass was attached to it! I was delighted! I didn't lose it at all!
I learnt later that Wei Loong had taken my pass from my bag to play a "worry" joke on me later on. However, he totally forgot about the joke until I split from them yesterday when I went to church, so he handed the pass to Poh Yong and asked Poh Yong to give the pass back to me. I immediately reported to OC squad that I had found my pass and OC just gave me a thumbs up sign. I'm sure he was glad to avoid making a report (a police one I think) and all the hassles involved with replacing a pass.
I talked to Nico in class today, didn't learn much as most of the lecture points was in the Seamanship Book they gave us already. He told me that 100K means I could like type out 100 000 characters, inclusive of spaces and such, I calculated, all my entries can be about 300 to 400 words long PER DAY! Yay! But by the looks of it, I'm going to run out of space very very soon! "I can't express myself with a few words" I told mei yesterday when she commented on my long entries.
Lunch was a disaster, Wei Loong, Ah Teck and Poh Yong threw away the food and bought chicken wings from the stall instead. Liang Wei couldn't eat the food either and so just threw it away. And I was so hungry, so even though the food sucked, I just ate it all up.
Afternoon class was again another bore. Only thing interesting was the life saving appliances being passed around the class and the the stuff we would see if we ended up being stuck in a life boat. Today's class was about deploying a life raft/boat and what would be found inside it as standard. I did learn a little but not much I'd say, asked Liang Wei to copy down the notes and I would zap it from him another day (laziness again!).
Later, we were abruptly taken out of our slackness by a sudden announcement of physical training! I was so tired and drained and so were the others! We quickly changed and did a quick warmup, after which OC asked us to do 100 sets of jumping jacks. We had never done so many in one shot before. Even in Tracom, they'd break it up into sets of 50, 30 and then 20. Plus, we didn't stretch our calves... Since I didn't want a cramp later on, I kenged the jumping jacks by doing it sloppily waist down, but still showing all the fanciful hand movements so as to not alert any suspicion. =)
We ran about 3 km to Brani Hill (I didn't know it existed) to these abandoned, or should I say condemned Navy Barrack. As usual I was the last runner. My fitness in running happens to fall into the last 1% of the population? We played some physical training games after that. One of them involved running to the end of the Navy barracks "Parade Square" and back with my partner on my back.
I was tired, so I couldn't run, much less carry Nico. When I did so, OC said it looks like I was strangling Nico on my back. I WALKED a few steps, then dropped him and walked back to the start line. How weak my physical fitness is!
After that, we were briefed that next week we would have to undergo a 2 full day course with the Civil Defence on fire fighting and it would be physically very demanding. Though I'm not very fit, I'm willing to go all the way through with it with a positive attitude and mindset. I make up my mind to go all the way no matter how tough it is on me physically. I'll pray to God for His strength and help.
OC said that the physical activities would slowly increase daily, I don't mind really, because today, the chest pain wasn't so bad as the other day, even though I fell out after running with a the guys for about 1.7 km? I can certainly feel an increase in the distance I managed to run today.
We were back at about 5.40 at the base and then OC told us to quickly change and take the 5.45 bus home. So we had to self-impose a "changing parade" on ourselves in order to meet the bus departure time. I ran in my walk-out attire like I never ran before! Haha, and later at World Trade, the bus came ahead of me, which meant more running after the bus! I stank so bad since I didn't shower, not even changed my underwear and the passengers were giving me dirty stares! =P
Well, came home, washed up, had dinner with mum and DAD (dad didn't go to work today!) and then went to do my blog. Dad nagged at me to clear up my room, which was very messy and mum nagged at me to drink my ginseng infused chrysanthemum tea, which Grandma specially boiled for me. My bro gave me a pair of brand new drill gloves since he had extra and he went to search my cupboard for his Special Operations Command Police shirt, which he asked me to buy for him. Apparently, the size is so big that my maid thought that it HAD to belong to me.
Heh, I only bought it size XL so that I could wear it every now and then!
Haha, what a day indeed.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home