Dragged About
My photographic "skills" seem to have taken a backseat this week! More photos are coming out blur because I can't seem to hand hold steadily enough in low light. I'm messing up all my depth of field charts so photographs taken in proper focus actually come out with a slight blur to it. Nonsense man. Yet I can't give crappy excuses, improvements must be made by leaps and bounds.
I was really tired after night shift duty yesterday. Somehow or somewhat, Matt called me out during the time I planned to sleep and get some rest and once again I found myself walking in the rain and then being whisked off in a taxi to where else? ACJC. I have no intention of going, no desire to even visit. All I want to do is to sleep and rest and somehow or other, he pops out of nowhere and beckons me to come. Of course, its not very nice to say no to him since he actually took a day's leave from the evil iso 9002 certified boot camp for us to do our own thing. And with reference to the last part of my previous post. What shirt was he wearing?
Ok. So I guess it runs in the family. Yet, some things don't change. Other things never ever change. And I guess that this is one of them - keeping up to the perpetual "fashion trend" of wearing some ac shirt or other at all times necessary. As it was raining really heavily, both of us arrived at school wet and proceeded to trudge our way in, even as everyone else being dismissed was giving us weird looks while leaving. Oh my goodness.
Somehow or other as both Matt and I walked into LT2, where CF is held. We came across a familiar face - Gabriel! He's well known for being ACJC's top A-Level student last year with an incredible nine distinctions. In addition, he too was the pianist for many CF meetings and worship sessions. I have to really take my hat off to a person like him. Brains, personality and good character. Wow! Truly an outstanding ACSian that I am very honoured to have the opportunity to know. And guess what shirt he was wearing?
Well. I guess some things just don't change. Especially this. What a lovely irrational fashion trend through the generations. I'll do my best to wear something along this line in future should I ever have to step into school again. Once bitten twice shy. Twice bitten instant resolution.
CF was great. Unfortunately, Aunty Ros wasn't around, Pastor Barnabas wasn't around either. No sign of Reverend Charles and the rest that I saw present last week. Overall, it was just a simple meeting with a heart of worship. After that was actually a short orientation for a few more small nurture groups within the CF itself. So once again, a time of games and fun for everyone present. As much as I desire to join such activities, I ended up just being what else - the photographer...
Everyone started out by playing that game where everyone has to join hands across each other in circle and then untangle their way through? After that it was another session to the bleaches to sing the ACS Anthem followed by a quick trip back to LT2 where every member in the group had to give a continous 2 minute speech on any topic without the words "er", "um" and the like. Somehow or other I lost track of everyone else when we ended up in the new canteen and realised that there was ice cream for sale! Ice cream on a rainy day just makes one shiver. Yet seems like nobody cares - it cost just one dollar and there was this long queue waiting for the ice cream.
Matt and I ended up wandering around the campus doing goodness knows what until one of the parents that helps out with the refreshments at 5.30 requested our help in carrying the food from her car all the way to the void deck. So alright, we're making ourselves useful after all, right? Sometimes I really wonder how I end up in such situations. But its good, always a pleasure to help others right? So off we went to help unload a good deal of food. In the past the food used to be cooked by a few of the parents together. Today its all catered from the Trinity Theological College canteen. And believe me, the food tastes great.
We started dishing out servings of macaroni with beef sauce as well as what I think was thai friend rice. I believe we handed out at least 150 odd plates because someone had to replenish the supply of plates halfway through. And generally, Matt and I dished out portions too generous that most of the girls requested that we serve them less as in the "half" or "quarter" sense. Of course, the guys dont' care and were happily gobbling down everything as soon as the first plates were served out.
My hands were all oily and I ended up taking a lousy photograph of the Lasagne. Believe me. It tasted heavenly. It was so good that within 5 minutes, everything was all served out and eaten up already. If I had not known where the food was prepared, I would say that it is as good as lasagne from any fine italian restaurant that I've dined at in Singapore.
Matt and I just ate quietly in the void deck whilst having the chance to chat to a few CF juniors. Thereafter I rushed off to church service on friday in lieu of the one that I'll miss this sunday since I'm working a day shift at the base. Oh well, Church was great once again culmulating with everyone singing not one, but two jewish songs. Sometimes indeed, I don't plan my days out or my schedules specifically, yet things like this happen for it. Indeed, sometimes I feel that even though I'm pretty much drifting in life right now. I do get dragged here and there once in a while either by people or else by circumstances and really for that I feel that I'm quite blessed to have such opportunities in time.
My photographic "skills" seem to have taken a backseat this week! More photos are coming out blur because I can't seem to hand hold steadily enough in low light. I'm messing up all my depth of field charts so photographs taken in proper focus actually come out with a slight blur to it. Nonsense man. Yet I can't give crappy excuses, improvements must be made by leaps and bounds.
I was really tired after night shift duty yesterday. Somehow or somewhat, Matt called me out during the time I planned to sleep and get some rest and once again I found myself walking in the rain and then being whisked off in a taxi to where else? ACJC. I have no intention of going, no desire to even visit. All I want to do is to sleep and rest and somehow or other, he pops out of nowhere and beckons me to come. Of course, its not very nice to say no to him since he actually took a day's leave from the evil iso 9002 certified boot camp for us to do our own thing. And with reference to the last part of my previous post. What shirt was he wearing?
Ok. So I guess it runs in the family. Yet, some things don't change. Other things never ever change. And I guess that this is one of them - keeping up to the perpetual "fashion trend" of wearing some ac shirt or other at all times necessary. As it was raining really heavily, both of us arrived at school wet and proceeded to trudge our way in, even as everyone else being dismissed was giving us weird looks while leaving. Oh my goodness.
Somehow or other as both Matt and I walked into LT2, where CF is held. We came across a familiar face - Gabriel! He's well known for being ACJC's top A-Level student last year with an incredible nine distinctions. In addition, he too was the pianist for many CF meetings and worship sessions. I have to really take my hat off to a person like him. Brains, personality and good character. Wow! Truly an outstanding ACSian that I am very honoured to have the opportunity to know. And guess what shirt he was wearing?
Well. I guess some things just don't change. Especially this. What a lovely irrational fashion trend through the generations. I'll do my best to wear something along this line in future should I ever have to step into school again. Once bitten twice shy. Twice bitten instant resolution.
CF was great. Unfortunately, Aunty Ros wasn't around, Pastor Barnabas wasn't around either. No sign of Reverend Charles and the rest that I saw present last week. Overall, it was just a simple meeting with a heart of worship. After that was actually a short orientation for a few more small nurture groups within the CF itself. So once again, a time of games and fun for everyone present. As much as I desire to join such activities, I ended up just being what else - the photographer...
Everyone started out by playing that game where everyone has to join hands across each other in circle and then untangle their way through? After that it was another session to the bleaches to sing the ACS Anthem followed by a quick trip back to LT2 where every member in the group had to give a continous 2 minute speech on any topic without the words "er", "um" and the like. Somehow or other I lost track of everyone else when we ended up in the new canteen and realised that there was ice cream for sale! Ice cream on a rainy day just makes one shiver. Yet seems like nobody cares - it cost just one dollar and there was this long queue waiting for the ice cream.
Matt and I ended up wandering around the campus doing goodness knows what until one of the parents that helps out with the refreshments at 5.30 requested our help in carrying the food from her car all the way to the void deck. So alright, we're making ourselves useful after all, right? Sometimes I really wonder how I end up in such situations. But its good, always a pleasure to help others right? So off we went to help unload a good deal of food. In the past the food used to be cooked by a few of the parents together. Today its all catered from the Trinity Theological College canteen. And believe me, the food tastes great.
We started dishing out servings of macaroni with beef sauce as well as what I think was thai friend rice. I believe we handed out at least 150 odd plates because someone had to replenish the supply of plates halfway through. And generally, Matt and I dished out portions too generous that most of the girls requested that we serve them less as in the "half" or "quarter" sense. Of course, the guys dont' care and were happily gobbling down everything as soon as the first plates were served out.
My hands were all oily and I ended up taking a lousy photograph of the Lasagne. Believe me. It tasted heavenly. It was so good that within 5 minutes, everything was all served out and eaten up already. If I had not known where the food was prepared, I would say that it is as good as lasagne from any fine italian restaurant that I've dined at in Singapore.
Matt and I just ate quietly in the void deck whilst having the chance to chat to a few CF juniors. Thereafter I rushed off to church service on friday in lieu of the one that I'll miss this sunday since I'm working a day shift at the base. Oh well, Church was great once again culmulating with everyone singing not one, but two jewish songs. Sometimes indeed, I don't plan my days out or my schedules specifically, yet things like this happen for it. Indeed, sometimes I feel that even though I'm pretty much drifting in life right now. I do get dragged here and there once in a while either by people or else by circumstances and really for that I feel that I'm quite blessed to have such opportunities in time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home