of choir and gays
Congratulations to the ACJC Choir for being the CHOIR OF THE YEAR AGAIN! Whatever it is, I think Lao Shi is probably in charge of the best CCA in the entire school! Lao Shi has been teaching for dunno-how-many-donkey-years already and since the start, has been teacher in charge of the choir. Its quite incredible that we keep winning the SYF each time! Hahahah!
Hmmmmm... on hindsight - Do the gays in the ACSI choir, combined with the complex falsetto theories of the MGS sopranos play a big part of this? Not forgetting that we always laughed at the "soprano" section of the Barker choir for being bapoks wearing tight underwear. Ok, perhaps we should have a couple of gays in the ACJ choir to help us keep the title year upon year from the RaFLEAsians. That wouldn't be too much a price to pay.
Hmmm... Someone once told me he only joined the choir "for fun" and "to see pretty girls sing". But really - I can't blame him. That's probably the only reason why guys actually join the choir! Or the band for that matter...(Davis...!)
traffic jam
The traffic in peak hour is really bad. It is so terribly congested when 6 lanes are being merged into 2 lanes! I don't understand how the LTA designs roads! Its like they failed art and never studied physics! They build a 20 million dollar expressway and then later by the side put a road that merges from 3 lanes to two lanes to 1 lane that finally merges with the expressway road - all within 100 meters! Worst still, the 3 lanes on the expressway have to merge to 2 lanes 50 further down!
What kind of PATHETIC "space saving" design is this that causes even more congestion? Then they shouldn't even build an expressway only to create a bottleneck ahead of it! Defeats the purpose! Add a couple of traffic lights that stay red for 1 minute and go green for 10 seconds and you've got a reciple for disaster!
The solution? Make a great expressway road with no jams guaranteed and charge ERP! They think Singaporeans are stupid enough! It's just a strategy to force people from the congested roads to take the "faster route" and add money into the LTA's coffers!
Singaporeans are really impatient, bad and rude drivers! Especially the TAXI Drivers! They don't signal when changine lane and try to perform all kinds of stunts like cutting across 4 lanes of expressway traffic within 20 meters at 100 km/h! Realise that Singapore drivers very seldom give way? Especially true for Taxi Drivers - They have to speed up and overtake you when you're trying to switch lanes! Or else they purposely keep the same speed so as to continually "block" you from changing lanes.
So much for a million courtesy campaigns. What's next? A "Do Not Speed up when you're neighbour is changing lanes" campaign? Can't understand why we spend millions of dollars on campaigns that have almost no positive effect. Sigh. Terrible part of our campaign country.
night patrol
Somehow, I ended up with night patrol - my first with the base after being stuck in a traffic jam for 45 minutes during the peak hour. It's a waste of time to wait 1/2 hour because of the above mentioned scenario! LTA SUCKS big TIME! They design the roads with the intention to RIP US OFF! We're not stupid you know? Even a 6 year old kid knows you're trying to smoke him! Another utterly useless government ministry that must to do road works on the most crowded roads at the most busy times.
I was with the Team In Charge today. SI Norman. He's quite a nice guy indeed. Overall, he was very kind and helpful and made the whole night patrol so much less daunting than it actually was. He's some lao jiao with about 16 years of sea experience already. Basically, he taught me how to navigate in the dark from the Base all the way to Kusu Island, St John's Island and Lazarus Island.
a dream comes true!
I said this to Lester after we checked into our suite at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel for the PROM on 9 Dec last year. We were on the 22nd floor suite WITH A VIEW,
"How I wish, my NS life, can be in one of those police coast guard boats stuck at the esplanade area down there"
My dream actually came true today! Apparently, the In Charge's Patrol Area covers this part! Hahahah! It is incredibly fun to visit the waters around Clifford Pier at night - we were there at about 2a.m, then 5a.m and finally 8a.m. The city looks great from the sea! Love it. I get to see views of the Esplanade that few others actually get to see and just let the boat drift watching tourists and other passenger boats move by us. Its all dark out at sea at night, except for a few navigational lights and ship lights. But the area around the City is so bright its almost like doing a day patrol! Very fun! I hope I end up with this area more often in future! =)
Sleep was fitful. Just over 2 hours of rest. Worst, SI Norman was SNORING in the sleeping quarters. Coupled with continual sms from the guys doing sentry duty and the rough waters. I could barely catch a wink.
Was woken up by SI Norman at about 4.30 in the morning. Our turn for duty. We just chatted and time quickly passed us by. Talked about alot of nonsensical things over the radio playing on Gold 90.5. Time passes by very quckly when you're chatting. Before we knew it, shift was over already.
Ya, apparently, SI Norman gave me this bag of Keropok to snack on in the dark. When the day broke at about 7 plus. I realised it was fried banana! I HATE BANANA and I had eaten like 1/3 the packet already! I lost my appetite soon after I found out. =P
Other than that. The only thing left was to tie the bow road. It is the most dangerous rope to tie because you can't just jump across from one boat to another - have to walk to the middle of the boat first and then cross over to another boat to get to their mooring point. So you never know when the tension of the rope might suddenly increase due to the sea current on the hull when you're trying to tie the line and violently flick you into the water.
I could cross over to loop the line. But didn't have enough time to hop back onto the boat to secure the line. So I just locked it at risk of being thrown into the sea. It was light current today - so I was quite safe. Can't afford to make such mistakes during the monsoon season - when the undercurrent is very strong. =)
Congratulations to the ACJC Choir for being the CHOIR OF THE YEAR AGAIN! Whatever it is, I think Lao Shi is probably in charge of the best CCA in the entire school! Lao Shi has been teaching for dunno-how-many-donkey-years already and since the start, has been teacher in charge of the choir. Its quite incredible that we keep winning the SYF each time! Hahahah!
Hmmmmm... on hindsight - Do the gays in the ACSI choir, combined with the complex falsetto theories of the MGS sopranos play a big part of this? Not forgetting that we always laughed at the "soprano" section of the Barker choir for being bapoks wearing tight underwear. Ok, perhaps we should have a couple of gays in the ACJ choir to help us keep the title year upon year from the RaFLEAsians. That wouldn't be too much a price to pay.
Hmmm... Someone once told me he only joined the choir "for fun" and "to see pretty girls sing". But really - I can't blame him. That's probably the only reason why guys actually join the choir! Or the band for that matter...(Davis...!)

traffic jam
The traffic in peak hour is really bad. It is so terribly congested when 6 lanes are being merged into 2 lanes! I don't understand how the LTA designs roads! Its like they failed art and never studied physics! They build a 20 million dollar expressway and then later by the side put a road that merges from 3 lanes to two lanes to 1 lane that finally merges with the expressway road - all within 100 meters! Worst still, the 3 lanes on the expressway have to merge to 2 lanes 50 further down!
What kind of PATHETIC "space saving" design is this that causes even more congestion? Then they shouldn't even build an expressway only to create a bottleneck ahead of it! Defeats the purpose! Add a couple of traffic lights that stay red for 1 minute and go green for 10 seconds and you've got a reciple for disaster!
The solution? Make a great expressway road with no jams guaranteed and charge ERP! They think Singaporeans are stupid enough! It's just a strategy to force people from the congested roads to take the "faster route" and add money into the LTA's coffers!
Singaporeans are really impatient, bad and rude drivers! Especially the TAXI Drivers! They don't signal when changine lane and try to perform all kinds of stunts like cutting across 4 lanes of expressway traffic within 20 meters at 100 km/h! Realise that Singapore drivers very seldom give way? Especially true for Taxi Drivers - They have to speed up and overtake you when you're trying to switch lanes! Or else they purposely keep the same speed so as to continually "block" you from changing lanes.
So much for a million courtesy campaigns. What's next? A "Do Not Speed up when you're neighbour is changing lanes" campaign? Can't understand why we spend millions of dollars on campaigns that have almost no positive effect. Sigh. Terrible part of our campaign country.
night patrol
Somehow, I ended up with night patrol - my first with the base after being stuck in a traffic jam for 45 minutes during the peak hour. It's a waste of time to wait 1/2 hour because of the above mentioned scenario! LTA SUCKS big TIME! They design the roads with the intention to RIP US OFF! We're not stupid you know? Even a 6 year old kid knows you're trying to smoke him! Another utterly useless government ministry that must to do road works on the most crowded roads at the most busy times.
I was with the Team In Charge today. SI Norman. He's quite a nice guy indeed. Overall, he was very kind and helpful and made the whole night patrol so much less daunting than it actually was. He's some lao jiao with about 16 years of sea experience already. Basically, he taught me how to navigate in the dark from the Base all the way to Kusu Island, St John's Island and Lazarus Island.
a dream comes true!
I said this to Lester after we checked into our suite at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel for the PROM on 9 Dec last year. We were on the 22nd floor suite WITH A VIEW,
"How I wish, my NS life, can be in one of those police coast guard boats stuck at the esplanade area down there"
My dream actually came true today! Apparently, the In Charge's Patrol Area covers this part! Hahahah! It is incredibly fun to visit the waters around Clifford Pier at night - we were there at about 2a.m, then 5a.m and finally 8a.m. The city looks great from the sea! Love it. I get to see views of the Esplanade that few others actually get to see and just let the boat drift watching tourists and other passenger boats move by us. Its all dark out at sea at night, except for a few navigational lights and ship lights. But the area around the City is so bright its almost like doing a day patrol! Very fun! I hope I end up with this area more often in future! =)
Sleep was fitful. Just over 2 hours of rest. Worst, SI Norman was SNORING in the sleeping quarters. Coupled with continual sms from the guys doing sentry duty and the rough waters. I could barely catch a wink.
Was woken up by SI Norman at about 4.30 in the morning. Our turn for duty. We just chatted and time quickly passed us by. Talked about alot of nonsensical things over the radio playing on Gold 90.5. Time passes by very quckly when you're chatting. Before we knew it, shift was over already.
Ya, apparently, SI Norman gave me this bag of Keropok to snack on in the dark. When the day broke at about 7 plus. I realised it was fried banana! I HATE BANANA and I had eaten like 1/3 the packet already! I lost my appetite soon after I found out. =P
Other than that. The only thing left was to tie the bow road. It is the most dangerous rope to tie because you can't just jump across from one boat to another - have to walk to the middle of the boat first and then cross over to another boat to get to their mooring point. So you never know when the tension of the rope might suddenly increase due to the sea current on the hull when you're trying to tie the line and violently flick you into the water.
I could cross over to loop the line. But didn't have enough time to hop back onto the boat to secure the line. So I just locked it at risk of being thrown into the sea. It was light current today - so I was quite safe. Can't afford to make such mistakes during the monsoon season - when the undercurrent is very strong. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home