a day of refreshment and focused goals and EXTENSIVE commentary and grousings
this is probably my longest blog entry to date, there are many sub stories in the paragraphs below.
I had the great pleasure of sleeping till 10.15 today. No kidding. Its the latest time I've ever woken up this entire year. No need to rush for anything. No work, no church, no Bible study, nothing. My body is probably very happy that I gave it this long deserved rest. Slept slightly after 1 this morning. Wow. Perhaps I ought to do this like once a month. Can't afford to waste too much time sleeping.
Just slacked at home the whole day with mom talking about how little cash I get during my NS and how screwed up the system is. Of course, mom won't ever be sympathetic to my "causes" but at least, I have someone to dump all my nonsense upon. I just bitched and bitched about the pathetic pay I was getting and my miserable job as a sentry. WHO IN HIS RIGHT FRAME OF MIND DESIRES TO DO SUCH A MEANINGLESS REPITITIVE SHIT JOB? WHO?
screwed up place
Went to Bukit Batok Driving Center to register for highway code today. The PLACE SUCKS! The atmosphere is so gloomy and sad and the place is full of rude oh-i'm-so-great instructors and i-can't-be-bothered-to-help-you staff and a whole pile of nervous students. I tried registereing but I realised that I forgot to bring of all things, my 11B. In the end I used my warrant card for identification and they kicked up a huge fuss about it. And they don't accept CASH - only NETS. The system in that place is really screwed up. Makes me think twice about taking lessons there. Perhaps I ought to go all the way to UBI in paya lebar and get it done. Heard that the instructors there are nicer.
It's really expensive to learn driving. I estimate about 2500 to 3000. Thank God I have Dad to foot the bill for me. Won't llet him down. Try to pass on my first try. They say its hard, but I can do it! =)
"If it doesn't come from the top by resolution, it will come from the bottom by revolution" Our top leaders are really making efforts to cut red tape and such a horrible beauracratic process, apparently, the millions of "head of xyz departments" are still not getting the idea that they creatiing mounting frustration with the people with want to get certain things done.
One day, I'm going to set up my own driving center! Cut off all the red tape, the bloody attitudes of the staff and make it half the price. Let's see who gets more customers. I dont' care whether its a government monopoly. With the free trade agreements taking effect. Things will be on my side. I'll make sure all the other places HAVE NO BUSINESS! Cut throat competition till they go out of business. That includes businesses in the entertainment market. Hows it like for a cinema to sell tickets at 5 bucks a piece flat? With good seats, good airc-conditioning and THX surround sound to boot? I'm going to drive all these bloody monopolies who "coincidentially raise the prices together" BANKRUPT! Yes, and I'll make sure medicines are parrallel imported at HALF PRICE! Make sure that all these "fat cows" suffer!
They say, in the 7 habits of highly effective people, to be "proactive" and not "reactive". Reactive is to make a fuss, kick up a grouse and stuff. Proactive is to CHANGE the whole system in MY favour and certainly other people's favour. I'm sure lots of people will be happy. Singaporeans love to "write in and complaint", but few are really willing to go and revamp the system.
After the whole issue. I had a thought. I'm going to start a website where I will write Analysis, Commentaries, Insights and Essays on the issues within our country. I will utilise my writing skills and thinking and creativity to give my takes on gay issues, monetary policies, global issues with local impact, education, science and technology and other issues I deem fit such as politics, conspiracy theories and alternative viewpoints.. I will try to let it be as emotion-free as possible, as accurate as possible and let the facts speak for themselves. And yeah, I'll do my best to look at issues from as many perspectives as possible. Lets really make Free Speech FREE SPEECH. I'm a big time idealist, but hey, it DOESN'T COST A CENT TO DREAM!
Ok enough of my angst. I notice that my very earlier blog entries where well phrased, proper sentenced (if there's such a word!) and free of swear words. Now I'm like so angst filled and write with so much anger? or perhaps stress? in my writings? Sigh. What's wrong with me? My physical side is going down the drain, draggine along my spiritual side along with it. Sigh.
the newpaper
I only bought the paper today because the lower part of the front page read this. "JC GIRLS' DIARY OF DEATH". I went to visit the website, http://florrine.blogspot.com only to find that the girl involved had deleted her entire blog already, all archives gone as well as all entries pertaining to her personal life. Smart girl.
I used my resources to retrieve what was in her tagboard. (Thank goodness that could not be deleted!) So here's an excerpt. (Read from the bottom of the italics, as I cut and pasted it directly, underlining is mine)
ilovegaoxing.: how can the newspaper just publish her blog url like that. it's not fair to intrude her privacy like that
devilin: it's really unfair.. this is supposed to be personal.. how could the press publish it to the whole world to read? really against such intrusion of privacy =(
NICK NICK: All the information of the quotes were wrong. They were just trying to make the news more "steamy", and the talented writer had to get upset. stupid paper. HUrting other people's feelings
NICK NICK: dun believe unless u are a fool. They can't even get the facts right.
NICK NICK: nothing is true
NICK NICK: all those things that the NEW PAPER posted are rubbish
anonymous: the world is a cruel place life is neva fair
mood swinger: its so sad ur gone...
mood swinger: its so sad ur gone...
mood swinger: its so sad ur gone...
anonymous: they're not tearing the drama blk down. they finally bought the ridiculous plot of land beside it and are now building a new blk.
invasion of privacy: the other quotes are not from this blog.. its from another blog.....
the hippo: Yea, i also think so. cant they just blanco the addy or something? and there are lines which they added in on their own, its not found in the entries yet they state that she wrote this. aye
echronx: Face it, the press is just out for juicy news.
echronx: There is more to life than the A'levels. Why torture yourself to gain society's recognition as an elite?
the hippo: Yea, i also think so. ant they just blanco the addy or something? and there are lines which they added in their on, its now found in the entries yet they state that she wrote this. aye
Tubby: what the? how could the newpaper just print ur add out so clearly? so much for keeping this thing quiet. idiot paper.
mind me: I have a issue but can't find anyone to help man issue so ladies out there care to help out NOTE: this is not an invitation to sex matter so don't worry.
Dennis: Sad to see this report on the papers today. Anyway if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to join us! Dun keep things to yourself
lol: Your url is in the newpaper
Bloody Newpaper! You are fucking trashy tabloid! (oops I'm swearing again) Dont' you have any better stories to print? Have to print such stuff AND PURPOSEFULLY INCLUDE THE URL! Nothing better to print at all! You bring shame upon the good name of Singapore Press Holdings, which prints great newspapers such as the Straits Times and Lian He Zao Bao.
Can't even respect a person's privacy! Can't even accord a respect to a person's diary! I ought to complain! But in this case, perhaps an online petition for bycotting the paper would work better. People only buy the paper for one sided biased commentary about how great Manchester United and Real Madrid is in their football! Utterly useless! Even toilet paper is more useful! And its not worth the 60 cents price. The straits times costs 60 cents and offers so much more high quality stories and news. I hope Today causes you to go bankrupt!
Such a paper is no different from the trashy british tabloid press, which only churn out sensationalist stories full of lies. The newpaper is a paper without any journalistic ethics. Total CRAP!
Nico
I waited at City Hall MRT for almost an hour before I finally saw Nico. It's like, we planned to meet at 2.30 but he only came nearer to 3.30. At first I was quite pissed with having my free time on my first day off wasted. But then, after something happened. I didn't mind at all! In fact I was very happy!
super chio bu!
Well, I had the chance to see this bunch of VJ girls coming down the escalator and walking into CityLink. At first, I thought nothing of their hugging and shrieks of joy. Then it happened. I saw the prettiest girl in VJC! Oh my goodness! She still looks absolutely ravishing!
The fact is that, she was in ACJC for the first 3 months last year. She was in 1SG5 at first. Her class guys were all crazy about her. Not only that, she caused a huge stir in the J2 guys on the very first day of school.
The "Top 10 list" is actualy compiled by the OGLs on the first 3 days of school. This is another AC secret revealed as to how the top 10 rankings come into play. So if a very very pretty girls skips the orientation, she won't be in the "official list" even though she deserves to be in there.
The first day of school last year. During like the lunch break, some of the guys I know started asking the guy OGLs things like:
"yo! any chio bus in your OG"
"Whose in the top 10?"
"Whose the pretties girl in the batch?"
The answer would be something like this.
NICOLE is FARKING CHIO! CAN DIE ONE!
When a guy speaks like that. Believe him. The first time I saw her I almost died. My heart skipped a couple of beats. It was like my mind was going, "WOW! SO PRETTY!" and my heart was like "OH MY GOODNESS! A SUPER CHIO BU!" Of course, it stopped short of my mouth dropping open, cos that'll be embarrassing. Good thing to note: She's the only gir any guy can happily stare at in the school without being accused of "eh! you like her ah?"
So well, I heard that she had 7 points for her O's. a whole string of A1s and and A2 for her English. A smart and pretty girl! Cannot fight one lar this type. Very hard to win her heart one lar. Her standard is unattainable, even for the likes of Karl Anthony Chandra (I'll comment on him next time!) and Paul Tan. She's just a girl that looks prettier than an angel that God sent to ACJC for guys to gawk at how good He is at making pretty girls. Hahaha!
During the Fun-O-Rama preparations, 2 days before the big day, when we were still spray-painting banners in vain, my class guys just saw her walk up to Thomas the PRO (Jian Hong) and talk to him! I can tell that EVERY guy in class, including me instantly had that those green eyes of envy! T Square was like in his "Quote of the Year"
"Wah Lau! Come from where one?"
She's so pretty! I think the word pretty can't be used to describe her looks. Its like a one in a billion kind of thing. T Square had to say in another "earth-shattering Quote"
"No wonder they call him (Jian Hong) the pro. He really is the PRO - some guys just get all the luck *SIGH!*"
To me, she is the defining highest mark of "beauty" in my "mental judgement chart". She's the prettiest girl I've seen in my whole life in this entire country Local girls man! Woo! Her legs are perfect! Her figure is so damn proportionate, so put it very midly and well, her face can instantly win the New Paper's New Face Contest undoubtedly.
I was quite worried in a sense when rumours of her "going to VJC" started circulating like wildfire in school. I was in a sense, quite happy when I saw her in ACJC uniform (She's from St. Nicks) during our founder's day. But soon after, she was gone.... So Sad! The hearts of plenty of admirers were broken!
I only saw her again during last years clash between ACJC and RJC at the POLICE ACADEMY. Damn, at that time, when she was just hanging around the bleachers on the field, there were like this horde of AC guys who were looking at her instead of the field when the match was on! Interesting thing to note, she changed into a ACJC Fun-O-Rama Polo T-Shirt later and cheered AC on! T Square told me that day in another "incredible quote"
"I can safely say that she is the prettiest girl in VJC". Lester AGREED Wholeheartedly. Lester's a guy that seldom talks to girls in school, so when he talks about girls, it is a VERY SIGNIFICANT THING. As usual, the three of us sighed a big sigh of "disappointment", knowing that she's an unreachable girl. *Sigh*
Well, at least I got to see her again. So damn pretty (The word 'beautiful' is reserved for her). Wanted to follow her around City Link, like as in, "Track her down! Stalk her! and Shadow her!" But then, I realised that, no point. Just let her go. Seeing her for a few seconds did make me very happy for the rest of the day. It like gave me a drug-induced high.
She looked so sexy in her VJ uniform! Argh! Uniform fetish! Makes her look even prettier! Her skin is as flawlessly fair as ever. Wow. She turned quite a number of heads at the station as she walked. =)
Even throughout the year, when Thomas the Pro had the very very exclusive opportunity to go out with her one-on-one (Thomas is was never attached even though he goes out with so many pretty girls), he would "kindly" update me on her "status". Apparently, he happily used the term "Your crush" as her codename.
"eh, your crush has a boyfriend you know? he's one year younger than her. Can you believe it or not?" What a lucky sec 4 guy! (He's should now be J1) Strangely, I accepted the fact that this type of girl can never be won even at all costs, so I didn't feel sad or anything. Just brushed it off and told myself that "life's like that".
The previous time I got the chance to see her was on the last day of school for the J2s. I think it was 26th October 2002. The whole class was having dinner at Crystal Jade Kitchen at Takashimaya. When we were done, some of the guys went to toilet and then, she popped up out of nowhere! And she was wearing glasses! Apparently, she had an eye infection and was there to see the doctor, Thomas the Pro would tell me later.
I think, if I get the opportunity to see Nicole like once every 6 months during my NS life I wouldn't be like what T Squared described it to me
"Whenever I book out of camp, I'm always looking at girls girls and more girls! Shit! I'm feel so gay!"
If I get to see her every now and then. I don't think I need to go round looking at other girls again for the duration of my entire NS! Well, I hope that the Princess of VJC does well for A levels!
Oh ya, for all who didn't know her "official AC codename" it was "The China Doll". Another AC secret revealed.
Walk about
Nico and I walked to Peninsular Plaza. Along the way, my foot struck a block of concrete at a small construction site and gashed my inner foot. Made my foot feel numb for quite a while. But its ok now.
We just went to check out the many camera shops in Peninsular Plaza. Apparently, they sell some vintage models as well. And they all cost a BOMB! The frame alone for some of the high end Nikons can go for over 2000 bucks, the lenses range from 150 to almost 4500 dollars. I also discovered that the cheapest Carl Zeiss or ZEISS camera lenses on the market go for at least 1750 after discount! Wow!
I plan to take up photography sometime soon. Perhaps in uni, I can be a "College Photographer" and go round taking pictures of events, people and stuff. Its sure is fun to be a photographer, as some of the AC people in Photographic Society tell me. Its an easy way to get pictures of pretty girls and then later chat them up! Hahah! A flash is an excellent icebreaker in that sense.
Funny, I don't judge people by their looks, more of their personality and character, but I find that looks does influence my decisions to a certain degree when I meet new people. Shit! I'm becoming what i don't want to be! Sigh! =( I desire to just love people and love God. Looks should always be secondary, if not tertiary, but honestly, its not easy to be looks-blind sometimes.
Nico's Camera
Nico showed me his Dad's ancient Nikon Camera. The body alone is valued at close to 1500 at least when sold to the dealer. Most probably, the dealer will resell it for at least 2 to 3 thousand bucks.
His camera is probably more advanced that the majority of compacts on the market today, even though it is almost 20 years old. It has SO Many settings, aperture width, light exposure duration, film type adjuster, shutter timing or sorts. An even though the model is so old. It actually accepts Button-Type batteries to trigger off the flash! Wow!
I had the opportunity to play with his camera. It can achieve a shutter speed of 1/1000s and even 1/2000s! That's really fast for a manual camera! I'm very impressed with it! Nico was like telling me when he joined Singapore Polytechnics Photographic Society and brought this there, everyone just went "Wow!" Indeed, it is a VERY GOOD Camera. I plan to buy some film, borrow his camera and go play around with it on pay day next month! I'll scan in some of the shots and post them here! I can wait to play with it!
adelphi
Later we walked to this placed called the Adelphi, went to check out more camera shops and some high end audio shops. I cannot believe how good some of these high end audio systems sound! They are REALLY high end! Its like, you can crank the volume up to a very high level such that the sound is heard throughout the entire shopping complex. Yet stand very near to the speaker and don't find it irritating or too loud! The notes are reproduced very clearly with virtually no distortion and just the right balance.
Yeah, the power supply's 5000, the cd transport is 20 000, the decoder is 15 000, the converter is 10 000 and the speakers are 20 000. I guess like this, cannot fight also. The sound quality is absolutely great! And on some of the CD players you can find:
"DTS, Dolby Digital THX ULTRA" and a a whole slew of other certifications. Scary man. The subwoofer is so powerful your shit actually moves when a low note is played.
Too bad, another time when I'm very much richer, I'll have one of those sets in the living room of my dream house.
funan
We walked to Funan to check out some of the products being sold there. Apparently , the "IT Mall" has more non-computer shops than it does computer ones! Such a joke! We checked out the Apple Shop, and a few others. The most time was spent in Challenger, trying out the various speakers.
The logitech speakers that I want to buy for Merf are totally sold out! Going at about 95 bucks. Atek says I can get them about 70 odd at Sim Lim. There, we tried and tested quite a number of speakers.
I realised that the price is usually not a good indicator of quality, some cheaper systems can outperform other systems in being distortion free and hiss free.
The best speaker brands in my opinion are now: Klipsch, JBL, MegaWorks, Logitech, LabTec and Creative. Of course, I would buy the Boston Acoustics if I could, but its not for direct sale on the market. JBL has improved alot! Their new 4.1 system looks futuristic and sound very good! The Logitech one left me a little bit disappointed, but I think it was because of over-use. The quality was rather good for a cheap system. The LabTec one was fantastic for its cheap cheap price of 55 bucks. The Creative Inspire 2.1 outperfomed many or the other systems at a low price of 79 bucks and I think Altec-Lansing's 4.1 and new 2.1 systems are really good. Albeit quite expensive being at the 150 to 200 dollar range.
The MegaWorks 5.1 at a price of 548 was very good, but it didn't really impress me to overtake what I've seen of Klipsch speakers. My mind is bent set on getting that 900 dollar set of 5.1 speakers (including stands) that come with BASH (Bridged Amplification Switching Hybrid) Technology - The very same one used in high end audio speakers. Just wonder if I can ever save up that amount now on my absolutely pathetic salary. Which Ministry of Defence prefers to call "Allowance".
walk
After this, we just walked all the way, from Peninsular Plaza, near the Esplanade, all the way to Popular Bookstore at Orchard MRT! The City is really convienient! You can get off at City Hall, walk to Raffles place and then back again and then head to Orchard whilst passing many historical buildings and sokaing into the culture of City Living. Can't Wait to do that in NEW YORK CITY! Hahaha!
We walked up Coleman Street, past the Old ACPS (Its ACPS and NOT ACS Primary! All true blue ACSians will call it by that name! DO NOT be influenced by DAISY ONG'S 'REBRANDING' exercise!). I remember I used to walk into the Methodist Book Room next to ACS when i was a little kid almost 11 years ago in my white and blue and then take the secret Exit into ACPS! It was a great "secret exit" when playing hide and seek! How could the seeker catch the hider if the hider had already walked out of school? Hahahah!
We walked up Canning Rise, the road where all the school buses would be parked faithfully every afternoon at 12.20 for the morning session and 6.20 for the evening session. Floods of memories came back when I looked at Fort Canning - the place where we often went running during Primary School PE lessons.
Today, that same place is used to hold rock concerts. Don't the organisers know that they're holding the concert on one huge graveyard? Especially with all the ancient 100 year old tombstones just a few feet from the road! Nico said that the dead here couldn't rest in peace. Oh well....
We took a shortcut through Wesley Methodist Church. If not for the church, we can forget about crossing into orchard so quickly. Its a good thing to note that certain doors in Wesley are never locked, so you can always use it as a convienient short cut in the dead of the night.
Both fo us just walked up Orchard, admiring this pretty SC girl who happened to walk pass us. Don't know why, I feel so judgemental as of late. That girl just gave us weird looks and quickly hurried away. =P
I went to popular to get my "Theory of Basic Driving" and "Theory of Advanced Driving" Textbooks. They even have "Ten-Year-Series" For the driving test! Wow! hahahahah!
After that all, we just went to check out this building opposite Far East Plaza. Its'a building that I've actually never been into despite going to Orchard almost all my life. Nico told me there was some Pirated shop there.
Apparently not since the place was actually a Duty Free Shop! 4 Entire levels of it! We felt awkward in our super casual dressing and everyone else was decked out formally. Such a high class place. All the expensive goods and branded stuff on sale at low prices. Only interesting thing I saw was the Chivas Regal's "Royal Salute" - a whiskey that was 50 years old. Hahaha The 21 year old Chivas were retailing at about 161 without duty. Wonder how much the 50 year old ones would cost. And they're of a limited edition batch! If I have money, I'll buy that for Mom or something when we have a really big celebration! Hahahah
bike
Reached home to discover that my brother has brought home a new bike! Apparently, the Boy's Brigade in ACS Barker does not want the bikes and are selling them off with a helmets CHEAP. 50 to be exact! And my cycling helmet costs 50 dollars! I asked mum to buy it for herself so tha she could go use it to cycle and exercise. In the end, she agreed. I don't want to lose my parents too soon due to some illness or disease, so this is the best I can encourage them to do - exercise and keep fit. Will go cycling with mom on Friday Morning. If only i can find the valve adapter for my bicycle wheel pump first! Anyone has a Schriader-Presta Valve converter?
I booted up my computer and it said
"Windows is unable to start as the file C:\Windows\System\Config.Dat is corrupted or does not exist. Please use the Windows XP CD to boot up and select the "Repair" option to repair the file"
I thought my computer was really gone. The system rebooted itself and apparently, windows managed to start! What the hell!
Ok I stop blogging now. Time started: 7.37. Time now: 10.06. That's enough typing for one day.
this is probably my longest blog entry to date, there are many sub stories in the paragraphs below.
I had the great pleasure of sleeping till 10.15 today. No kidding. Its the latest time I've ever woken up this entire year. No need to rush for anything. No work, no church, no Bible study, nothing. My body is probably very happy that I gave it this long deserved rest. Slept slightly after 1 this morning. Wow. Perhaps I ought to do this like once a month. Can't afford to waste too much time sleeping.
Just slacked at home the whole day with mom talking about how little cash I get during my NS and how screwed up the system is. Of course, mom won't ever be sympathetic to my "causes" but at least, I have someone to dump all my nonsense upon. I just bitched and bitched about the pathetic pay I was getting and my miserable job as a sentry. WHO IN HIS RIGHT FRAME OF MIND DESIRES TO DO SUCH A MEANINGLESS REPITITIVE SHIT JOB? WHO?
screwed up place
Went to Bukit Batok Driving Center to register for highway code today. The PLACE SUCKS! The atmosphere is so gloomy and sad and the place is full of rude oh-i'm-so-great instructors and i-can't-be-bothered-to-help-you staff and a whole pile of nervous students. I tried registereing but I realised that I forgot to bring of all things, my 11B. In the end I used my warrant card for identification and they kicked up a huge fuss about it. And they don't accept CASH - only NETS. The system in that place is really screwed up. Makes me think twice about taking lessons there. Perhaps I ought to go all the way to UBI in paya lebar and get it done. Heard that the instructors there are nicer.
It's really expensive to learn driving. I estimate about 2500 to 3000. Thank God I have Dad to foot the bill for me. Won't llet him down. Try to pass on my first try. They say its hard, but I can do it! =)
"If it doesn't come from the top by resolution, it will come from the bottom by revolution" Our top leaders are really making efforts to cut red tape and such a horrible beauracratic process, apparently, the millions of "head of xyz departments" are still not getting the idea that they creatiing mounting frustration with the people with want to get certain things done.
One day, I'm going to set up my own driving center! Cut off all the red tape, the bloody attitudes of the staff and make it half the price. Let's see who gets more customers. I dont' care whether its a government monopoly. With the free trade agreements taking effect. Things will be on my side. I'll make sure all the other places HAVE NO BUSINESS! Cut throat competition till they go out of business. That includes businesses in the entertainment market. Hows it like for a cinema to sell tickets at 5 bucks a piece flat? With good seats, good airc-conditioning and THX surround sound to boot? I'm going to drive all these bloody monopolies who "coincidentially raise the prices together" BANKRUPT! Yes, and I'll make sure medicines are parrallel imported at HALF PRICE! Make sure that all these "fat cows" suffer!
They say, in the 7 habits of highly effective people, to be "proactive" and not "reactive". Reactive is to make a fuss, kick up a grouse and stuff. Proactive is to CHANGE the whole system in MY favour and certainly other people's favour. I'm sure lots of people will be happy. Singaporeans love to "write in and complaint", but few are really willing to go and revamp the system.
After the whole issue. I had a thought. I'm going to start a website where I will write Analysis, Commentaries, Insights and Essays on the issues within our country. I will utilise my writing skills and thinking and creativity to give my takes on gay issues, monetary policies, global issues with local impact, education, science and technology and other issues I deem fit such as politics, conspiracy theories and alternative viewpoints.. I will try to let it be as emotion-free as possible, as accurate as possible and let the facts speak for themselves. And yeah, I'll do my best to look at issues from as many perspectives as possible. Lets really make Free Speech FREE SPEECH. I'm a big time idealist, but hey, it DOESN'T COST A CENT TO DREAM!
Ok enough of my angst. I notice that my very earlier blog entries where well phrased, proper sentenced (if there's such a word!) and free of swear words. Now I'm like so angst filled and write with so much anger? or perhaps stress? in my writings? Sigh. What's wrong with me? My physical side is going down the drain, draggine along my spiritual side along with it. Sigh.
the newpaper
I only bought the paper today because the lower part of the front page read this. "JC GIRLS' DIARY OF DEATH". I went to visit the website, http://florrine.blogspot.com only to find that the girl involved had deleted her entire blog already, all archives gone as well as all entries pertaining to her personal life. Smart girl.
I used my resources to retrieve what was in her tagboard. (Thank goodness that could not be deleted!) So here's an excerpt. (Read from the bottom of the italics, as I cut and pasted it directly, underlining is mine)
ilovegaoxing.: how can the newspaper just publish her blog url like that. it's not fair to intrude her privacy like that
devilin: it's really unfair.. this is supposed to be personal.. how could the press publish it to the whole world to read? really against such intrusion of privacy =(
NICK NICK: All the information of the quotes were wrong. They were just trying to make the news more "steamy", and the talented writer had to get upset. stupid paper. HUrting other people's feelings
NICK NICK: dun believe unless u are a fool. They can't even get the facts right.
NICK NICK: nothing is true
NICK NICK: all those things that the NEW PAPER posted are rubbish
anonymous: the world is a cruel place life is neva fair
mood swinger: its so sad ur gone...
mood swinger: its so sad ur gone...
mood swinger: its so sad ur gone...
anonymous: they're not tearing the drama blk down. they finally bought the ridiculous plot of land beside it and are now building a new blk.
invasion of privacy: the other quotes are not from this blog.. its from another blog.....
the hippo: Yea, i also think so. cant they just blanco the addy or something? and there are lines which they added in on their own, its not found in the entries yet they state that she wrote this. aye
echronx: Face it, the press is just out for juicy news.
echronx: There is more to life than the A'levels. Why torture yourself to gain society's recognition as an elite?
the hippo: Yea, i also think so. ant they just blanco the addy or something? and there are lines which they added in their on, its now found in the entries yet they state that she wrote this. aye
Tubby: what the? how could the newpaper just print ur add out so clearly? so much for keeping this thing quiet. idiot paper.
mind me: I have a issue but can't find anyone to help man issue so ladies out there care to help out NOTE: this is not an invitation to sex matter so don't worry.
Dennis: Sad to see this report on the papers today. Anyway if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to join us! Dun keep things to yourself
lol: Your url is in the newpaper
Bloody Newpaper! You are fucking trashy tabloid! (oops I'm swearing again) Dont' you have any better stories to print? Have to print such stuff AND PURPOSEFULLY INCLUDE THE URL! Nothing better to print at all! You bring shame upon the good name of Singapore Press Holdings, which prints great newspapers such as the Straits Times and Lian He Zao Bao.
Can't even respect a person's privacy! Can't even accord a respect to a person's diary! I ought to complain! But in this case, perhaps an online petition for bycotting the paper would work better. People only buy the paper for one sided biased commentary about how great Manchester United and Real Madrid is in their football! Utterly useless! Even toilet paper is more useful! And its not worth the 60 cents price. The straits times costs 60 cents and offers so much more high quality stories and news. I hope Today causes you to go bankrupt!
Such a paper is no different from the trashy british tabloid press, which only churn out sensationalist stories full of lies. The newpaper is a paper without any journalistic ethics. Total CRAP!
Nico
I waited at City Hall MRT for almost an hour before I finally saw Nico. It's like, we planned to meet at 2.30 but he only came nearer to 3.30. At first I was quite pissed with having my free time on my first day off wasted. But then, after something happened. I didn't mind at all! In fact I was very happy!
super chio bu!
Well, I had the chance to see this bunch of VJ girls coming down the escalator and walking into CityLink. At first, I thought nothing of their hugging and shrieks of joy. Then it happened. I saw the prettiest girl in VJC! Oh my goodness! She still looks absolutely ravishing!
The fact is that, she was in ACJC for the first 3 months last year. She was in 1SG5 at first. Her class guys were all crazy about her. Not only that, she caused a huge stir in the J2 guys on the very first day of school.
The "Top 10 list" is actualy compiled by the OGLs on the first 3 days of school. This is another AC secret revealed as to how the top 10 rankings come into play. So if a very very pretty girls skips the orientation, she won't be in the "official list" even though she deserves to be in there.
The first day of school last year. During like the lunch break, some of the guys I know started asking the guy OGLs things like:
"yo! any chio bus in your OG"
"Whose in the top 10?"
"Whose the pretties girl in the batch?"
The answer would be something like this.
NICOLE is FARKING CHIO! CAN DIE ONE!
When a guy speaks like that. Believe him. The first time I saw her I almost died. My heart skipped a couple of beats. It was like my mind was going, "WOW! SO PRETTY!" and my heart was like "OH MY GOODNESS! A SUPER CHIO BU!" Of course, it stopped short of my mouth dropping open, cos that'll be embarrassing. Good thing to note: She's the only gir any guy can happily stare at in the school without being accused of "eh! you like her ah?"
So well, I heard that she had 7 points for her O's. a whole string of A1s and and A2 for her English. A smart and pretty girl! Cannot fight one lar this type. Very hard to win her heart one lar. Her standard is unattainable, even for the likes of Karl Anthony Chandra (I'll comment on him next time!) and Paul Tan. She's just a girl that looks prettier than an angel that God sent to ACJC for guys to gawk at how good He is at making pretty girls. Hahaha!
During the Fun-O-Rama preparations, 2 days before the big day, when we were still spray-painting banners in vain, my class guys just saw her walk up to Thomas the PRO (Jian Hong) and talk to him! I can tell that EVERY guy in class, including me instantly had that those green eyes of envy! T Square was like in his "Quote of the Year"
"Wah Lau! Come from where one?"
She's so pretty! I think the word pretty can't be used to describe her looks. Its like a one in a billion kind of thing. T Square had to say in another "earth-shattering Quote"
"No wonder they call him (Jian Hong) the pro. He really is the PRO - some guys just get all the luck *SIGH!*"
To me, she is the defining highest mark of "beauty" in my "mental judgement chart". She's the prettiest girl I've seen in my whole life in this entire country Local girls man! Woo! Her legs are perfect! Her figure is so damn proportionate, so put it very midly and well, her face can instantly win the New Paper's New Face Contest undoubtedly.
I was quite worried in a sense when rumours of her "going to VJC" started circulating like wildfire in school. I was in a sense, quite happy when I saw her in ACJC uniform (She's from St. Nicks) during our founder's day. But soon after, she was gone.... So Sad! The hearts of plenty of admirers were broken!
I only saw her again during last years clash between ACJC and RJC at the POLICE ACADEMY. Damn, at that time, when she was just hanging around the bleachers on the field, there were like this horde of AC guys who were looking at her instead of the field when the match was on! Interesting thing to note, she changed into a ACJC Fun-O-Rama Polo T-Shirt later and cheered AC on! T Square told me that day in another "incredible quote"
"I can safely say that she is the prettiest girl in VJC". Lester AGREED Wholeheartedly. Lester's a guy that seldom talks to girls in school, so when he talks about girls, it is a VERY SIGNIFICANT THING. As usual, the three of us sighed a big sigh of "disappointment", knowing that she's an unreachable girl. *Sigh*
Well, at least I got to see her again. So damn pretty (The word 'beautiful' is reserved for her). Wanted to follow her around City Link, like as in, "Track her down! Stalk her! and Shadow her!" But then, I realised that, no point. Just let her go. Seeing her for a few seconds did make me very happy for the rest of the day. It like gave me a drug-induced high.
She looked so sexy in her VJ uniform! Argh! Uniform fetish! Makes her look even prettier! Her skin is as flawlessly fair as ever. Wow. She turned quite a number of heads at the station as she walked. =)
Even throughout the year, when Thomas the Pro had the very very exclusive opportunity to go out with her one-on-one (Thomas is was never attached even though he goes out with so many pretty girls), he would "kindly" update me on her "status". Apparently, he happily used the term "Your crush" as her codename.
"eh, your crush has a boyfriend you know? he's one year younger than her. Can you believe it or not?" What a lucky sec 4 guy! (He's should now be J1) Strangely, I accepted the fact that this type of girl can never be won even at all costs, so I didn't feel sad or anything. Just brushed it off and told myself that "life's like that".
The previous time I got the chance to see her was on the last day of school for the J2s. I think it was 26th October 2002. The whole class was having dinner at Crystal Jade Kitchen at Takashimaya. When we were done, some of the guys went to toilet and then, she popped up out of nowhere! And she was wearing glasses! Apparently, she had an eye infection and was there to see the doctor, Thomas the Pro would tell me later.
I think, if I get the opportunity to see Nicole like once every 6 months during my NS life I wouldn't be like what T Squared described it to me
"Whenever I book out of camp, I'm always looking at girls girls and more girls! Shit! I'm feel so gay!"
If I get to see her every now and then. I don't think I need to go round looking at other girls again for the duration of my entire NS! Well, I hope that the Princess of VJC does well for A levels!
Oh ya, for all who didn't know her "official AC codename" it was "The China Doll". Another AC secret revealed.
Walk about
Nico and I walked to Peninsular Plaza. Along the way, my foot struck a block of concrete at a small construction site and gashed my inner foot. Made my foot feel numb for quite a while. But its ok now.
We just went to check out the many camera shops in Peninsular Plaza. Apparently, they sell some vintage models as well. And they all cost a BOMB! The frame alone for some of the high end Nikons can go for over 2000 bucks, the lenses range from 150 to almost 4500 dollars. I also discovered that the cheapest Carl Zeiss or ZEISS camera lenses on the market go for at least 1750 after discount! Wow!
I plan to take up photography sometime soon. Perhaps in uni, I can be a "College Photographer" and go round taking pictures of events, people and stuff. Its sure is fun to be a photographer, as some of the AC people in Photographic Society tell me. Its an easy way to get pictures of pretty girls and then later chat them up! Hahah! A flash is an excellent icebreaker in that sense.
Funny, I don't judge people by their looks, more of their personality and character, but I find that looks does influence my decisions to a certain degree when I meet new people. Shit! I'm becoming what i don't want to be! Sigh! =( I desire to just love people and love God. Looks should always be secondary, if not tertiary, but honestly, its not easy to be looks-blind sometimes.
Nico's Camera
Nico showed me his Dad's ancient Nikon Camera. The body alone is valued at close to 1500 at least when sold to the dealer. Most probably, the dealer will resell it for at least 2 to 3 thousand bucks.
His camera is probably more advanced that the majority of compacts on the market today, even though it is almost 20 years old. It has SO Many settings, aperture width, light exposure duration, film type adjuster, shutter timing or sorts. An even though the model is so old. It actually accepts Button-Type batteries to trigger off the flash! Wow!
I had the opportunity to play with his camera. It can achieve a shutter speed of 1/1000s and even 1/2000s! That's really fast for a manual camera! I'm very impressed with it! Nico was like telling me when he joined Singapore Polytechnics Photographic Society and brought this there, everyone just went "Wow!" Indeed, it is a VERY GOOD Camera. I plan to buy some film, borrow his camera and go play around with it on pay day next month! I'll scan in some of the shots and post them here! I can wait to play with it!
adelphi
Later we walked to this placed called the Adelphi, went to check out more camera shops and some high end audio shops. I cannot believe how good some of these high end audio systems sound! They are REALLY high end! Its like, you can crank the volume up to a very high level such that the sound is heard throughout the entire shopping complex. Yet stand very near to the speaker and don't find it irritating or too loud! The notes are reproduced very clearly with virtually no distortion and just the right balance.
Yeah, the power supply's 5000, the cd transport is 20 000, the decoder is 15 000, the converter is 10 000 and the speakers are 20 000. I guess like this, cannot fight also. The sound quality is absolutely great! And on some of the CD players you can find:
"DTS, Dolby Digital THX ULTRA" and a a whole slew of other certifications. Scary man. The subwoofer is so powerful your shit actually moves when a low note is played.
Too bad, another time when I'm very much richer, I'll have one of those sets in the living room of my dream house.
funan
We walked to Funan to check out some of the products being sold there. Apparently , the "IT Mall" has more non-computer shops than it does computer ones! Such a joke! We checked out the Apple Shop, and a few others. The most time was spent in Challenger, trying out the various speakers.
The logitech speakers that I want to buy for Merf are totally sold out! Going at about 95 bucks. Atek says I can get them about 70 odd at Sim Lim. There, we tried and tested quite a number of speakers.
I realised that the price is usually not a good indicator of quality, some cheaper systems can outperform other systems in being distortion free and hiss free.
The best speaker brands in my opinion are now: Klipsch, JBL, MegaWorks, Logitech, LabTec and Creative. Of course, I would buy the Boston Acoustics if I could, but its not for direct sale on the market. JBL has improved alot! Their new 4.1 system looks futuristic and sound very good! The Logitech one left me a little bit disappointed, but I think it was because of over-use. The quality was rather good for a cheap system. The LabTec one was fantastic for its cheap cheap price of 55 bucks. The Creative Inspire 2.1 outperfomed many or the other systems at a low price of 79 bucks and I think Altec-Lansing's 4.1 and new 2.1 systems are really good. Albeit quite expensive being at the 150 to 200 dollar range.
The MegaWorks 5.1 at a price of 548 was very good, but it didn't really impress me to overtake what I've seen of Klipsch speakers. My mind is bent set on getting that 900 dollar set of 5.1 speakers (including stands) that come with BASH (Bridged Amplification Switching Hybrid) Technology - The very same one used in high end audio speakers. Just wonder if I can ever save up that amount now on my absolutely pathetic salary. Which Ministry of Defence prefers to call "Allowance".
walk
After this, we just walked all the way, from Peninsular Plaza, near the Esplanade, all the way to Popular Bookstore at Orchard MRT! The City is really convienient! You can get off at City Hall, walk to Raffles place and then back again and then head to Orchard whilst passing many historical buildings and sokaing into the culture of City Living. Can't Wait to do that in NEW YORK CITY! Hahaha!
We walked up Coleman Street, past the Old ACPS (Its ACPS and NOT ACS Primary! All true blue ACSians will call it by that name! DO NOT be influenced by DAISY ONG'S 'REBRANDING' exercise!). I remember I used to walk into the Methodist Book Room next to ACS when i was a little kid almost 11 years ago in my white and blue and then take the secret Exit into ACPS! It was a great "secret exit" when playing hide and seek! How could the seeker catch the hider if the hider had already walked out of school? Hahahah!
We walked up Canning Rise, the road where all the school buses would be parked faithfully every afternoon at 12.20 for the morning session and 6.20 for the evening session. Floods of memories came back when I looked at Fort Canning - the place where we often went running during Primary School PE lessons.
Today, that same place is used to hold rock concerts. Don't the organisers know that they're holding the concert on one huge graveyard? Especially with all the ancient 100 year old tombstones just a few feet from the road! Nico said that the dead here couldn't rest in peace. Oh well....
We took a shortcut through Wesley Methodist Church. If not for the church, we can forget about crossing into orchard so quickly. Its a good thing to note that certain doors in Wesley are never locked, so you can always use it as a convienient short cut in the dead of the night.
Both fo us just walked up Orchard, admiring this pretty SC girl who happened to walk pass us. Don't know why, I feel so judgemental as of late. That girl just gave us weird looks and quickly hurried away. =P
I went to popular to get my "Theory of Basic Driving" and "Theory of Advanced Driving" Textbooks. They even have "Ten-Year-Series" For the driving test! Wow! hahahahah!
After that all, we just went to check out this building opposite Far East Plaza. Its'a building that I've actually never been into despite going to Orchard almost all my life. Nico told me there was some Pirated shop there.
Apparently not since the place was actually a Duty Free Shop! 4 Entire levels of it! We felt awkward in our super casual dressing and everyone else was decked out formally. Such a high class place. All the expensive goods and branded stuff on sale at low prices. Only interesting thing I saw was the Chivas Regal's "Royal Salute" - a whiskey that was 50 years old. Hahaha The 21 year old Chivas were retailing at about 161 without duty. Wonder how much the 50 year old ones would cost. And they're of a limited edition batch! If I have money, I'll buy that for Mom or something when we have a really big celebration! Hahahah
bike
Reached home to discover that my brother has brought home a new bike! Apparently, the Boy's Brigade in ACS Barker does not want the bikes and are selling them off with a helmets CHEAP. 50 to be exact! And my cycling helmet costs 50 dollars! I asked mum to buy it for herself so tha she could go use it to cycle and exercise. In the end, she agreed. I don't want to lose my parents too soon due to some illness or disease, so this is the best I can encourage them to do - exercise and keep fit. Will go cycling with mom on Friday Morning. If only i can find the valve adapter for my bicycle wheel pump first! Anyone has a Schriader-Presta Valve converter?
I booted up my computer and it said
"Windows is unable to start as the file C:\Windows\System\Config.Dat is corrupted or does not exist. Please use the Windows XP CD to boot up and select the "Repair" option to repair the file"
I thought my computer was really gone. The system rebooted itself and apparently, windows managed to start! What the hell!
Ok I stop blogging now. Time started: 7.37. Time now: 10.06. That's enough typing for one day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home