My Cat
I love my cat very much. While a vast majority of the people I know prefer a dog to a cat. I'm quite happy with the low committment keeping a cat entails. I just feed it twice a day. Give it a cat bath maybe once every two weeks and play with it when I'm bored. Other than that, racoon does his own thing and has been a real pleasure to have around the house.
Its been almost a year since he walked into my house - probably abandoned by his previous owner. Yet, I guess the previous owner doesn't know what simple pleasure and joy a nice pet brings to the house. Even when nobody's at home, at least I know there's a little furball to stroke, rub and play with. Playful cat who certainly likes to bite people gently with no force. He likes to scratch people gently too.
I can carry him even when I stink really badly after duty and when everyone flees from my presence. And I can count on him to snuggle up to my feet at six in the morning when I'm just about to give him some food. Oh well, he's not a cat without his quirks. After a cat bathe, he likes to lie in a dirty drain outside my house. And he comes back all smelly again...
I've been just taking the last few days to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I'm stopping all the unessential activities just to look around and appreciate all that I have. The sound of the rain, the smell of grass, the enjoyment of good jazz music with lyrics that I can sing along to; and the company of an excellent book or movie.
Yes I'm very very slow. I just finally managed to watched the 2nd best movie of all time - the Return of the King. Wow. Now I understand why everyone was so cracked up over that movie. Truly a masterpiece. Then again, there's many things in my life that I know I need to fix that I probably can't fix unless God helps me.
Originally, I intended to write a long post about all the emotional theories and philosophies as well as pesonal experiences of life/love/relationships/emotions and all its associated modifiers and crummy thoughts. Then again. Nah. Simplicity for now is pure serendipity.
With with regards to photography, the past 10 days have actually been quite a dearth in terms of creativity. I'm no longer interested in automatic function of a camera. I don't like auto-exposure, I don't like auto-focus (unless its sports), I can't see the logic of zoom lenses anymore. Doing my best to challenge myself to head back to the era of the lengendary Leica style of photography. An all-manual rangefinder that most probably 90% of people won't be able to handle competently - yes, prime lens too!
It might sound so strange that even though the latest and most bulky SLRs produce beautiful pictures or capture moments inherently impossible with others. The beauty in photography is not to capture. It is to create. And finally, all this "photographic philosophy" which I laughed at not too long ago finally actually makes sense. Black and White film too...
But my dream camera is still that EOS 1D Mark II plus a few L lenses. Not that it'll make me a better photographer. Yet, just something I desire for now.... =)
Time is flying past me faster than ever before. They say that as you age, the days become shorter. And I do find that to be rather true. In all honestly, while on one hand I hope to ORD and just get out of the time-wasting system of NS. I do want to enjoy the weekday off days that I have now for just a little bit longer.
While it might seem to be apt to head back into the education rat-race, where that piece of paper only qualifies me to apply for a job. The thing is that, I do know that restarting the real engines to my real brain will take some time. And with it, all the stresses of exams, expectations from all sides as well as having to adapt to a life anew do sometimes make me feel like sleeping snugly in my comfort zone - oblivious to it all.
Then again, I know I can't. Because change is the only constant. Till then, I'll gladly hug my cat and let him lick my face. Good tidings and peace to all. God Bless.
I love my cat very much. While a vast majority of the people I know prefer a dog to a cat. I'm quite happy with the low committment keeping a cat entails. I just feed it twice a day. Give it a cat bath maybe once every two weeks and play with it when I'm bored. Other than that, racoon does his own thing and has been a real pleasure to have around the house.
Its been almost a year since he walked into my house - probably abandoned by his previous owner. Yet, I guess the previous owner doesn't know what simple pleasure and joy a nice pet brings to the house. Even when nobody's at home, at least I know there's a little furball to stroke, rub and play with. Playful cat who certainly likes to bite people gently with no force. He likes to scratch people gently too.
I can carry him even when I stink really badly after duty and when everyone flees from my presence. And I can count on him to snuggle up to my feet at six in the morning when I'm just about to give him some food. Oh well, he's not a cat without his quirks. After a cat bathe, he likes to lie in a dirty drain outside my house. And he comes back all smelly again...
I've been just taking the last few days to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I'm stopping all the unessential activities just to look around and appreciate all that I have. The sound of the rain, the smell of grass, the enjoyment of good jazz music with lyrics that I can sing along to; and the company of an excellent book or movie.
Yes I'm very very slow. I just finally managed to watched the 2nd best movie of all time - the Return of the King. Wow. Now I understand why everyone was so cracked up over that movie. Truly a masterpiece. Then again, there's many things in my life that I know I need to fix that I probably can't fix unless God helps me.
Originally, I intended to write a long post about all the emotional theories and philosophies as well as pesonal experiences of life/love/relationships/emotions and all its associated modifiers and crummy thoughts. Then again. Nah. Simplicity for now is pure serendipity.
With with regards to photography, the past 10 days have actually been quite a dearth in terms of creativity. I'm no longer interested in automatic function of a camera. I don't like auto-exposure, I don't like auto-focus (unless its sports), I can't see the logic of zoom lenses anymore. Doing my best to challenge myself to head back to the era of the lengendary Leica style of photography. An all-manual rangefinder that most probably 90% of people won't be able to handle competently - yes, prime lens too!
It might sound so strange that even though the latest and most bulky SLRs produce beautiful pictures or capture moments inherently impossible with others. The beauty in photography is not to capture. It is to create. And finally, all this "photographic philosophy" which I laughed at not too long ago finally actually makes sense. Black and White film too...
But my dream camera is still that EOS 1D Mark II plus a few L lenses. Not that it'll make me a better photographer. Yet, just something I desire for now.... =)
Time is flying past me faster than ever before. They say that as you age, the days become shorter. And I do find that to be rather true. In all honestly, while on one hand I hope to ORD and just get out of the time-wasting system of NS. I do want to enjoy the weekday off days that I have now for just a little bit longer.
While it might seem to be apt to head back into the education rat-race, where that piece of paper only qualifies me to apply for a job. The thing is that, I do know that restarting the real engines to my real brain will take some time. And with it, all the stresses of exams, expectations from all sides as well as having to adapt to a life anew do sometimes make me feel like sleeping snugly in my comfort zone - oblivious to it all.
Then again, I know I can't. Because change is the only constant. Till then, I'll gladly hug my cat and let him lick my face. Good tidings and peace to all. God Bless.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home